Why I love my Atomic XR

This morning I dialed back to 8x on the scope, took three shots, sunny and bright day. First round hits on a black walnut at 50 yards (2 MILs) saline bottle on “end” at 64 yards (3 MILs) and the capper, the saline bottle at 102 yards (10 MILs). The hits actually make me laugh with joy, never gets old. I could see the pellets arcing in the sunlight before the hits… Sending CPHPs… Now off for a tandem bicycle ride with my wife…

When we love our guns, we LOVE our guns! I totally understand Luis! I thought at some point the novelty, accuracy & excitement of my FX Boss would wear off. It NEVER does. We who are lucky enough to have found a gun or guns that check all the boxes & keep the excitement "fresh" are fortunate indeed. My wife asked once, "isn't this EVER gonna get OLD for you? " I think my answer was "God, I hope NOT!" So far, so good 5 years down the road :giggle: (y)
I think about a year ago I posted a quick video of "why I love my Boss".

Last edited:
Luis, how fun and great plinking! I too never get tired of seeing the shots hit the intended POI! Enjoy the bike ride with your wife.....I rode @ 5am this morning (nice and quiet @ this time), a short 7 mile jaunt on my mountain bike (road ride).
Thanks! We had a nice, short ride… we are blessed with beautiful roads here in the Hudson Valley . I’m a lucky man and know it. Be well.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Thanks! We had a nice, short ride… we are blessed with beautiful roads here in the Hudson Valley . I’m a lucky man and know it. Be well.
I am going to probably buy a huben for long distance and atomic since I can travel with it to Florida with just a hand pump. I apologize if I asked this before or if you answered it before. Since the atomic needs very little air to fill up and I think you said you always use a hand pump what specific hand pump do you use. For instance you don't need a really high pressure hand pump like you would to fill up the huben.

This morning I dialed back to 8x on the scope, took three shots, sunny and bright day. First round hits on a black walnut at 50 yards (2 MILs) saline bottle on “end” at 64 yards (3 MILs) and the capper, the saline bottle at 102 yards (10 MILs). The hits actually make me laugh with joy, never gets old. I could see the pellets arcing in the sunlight before the hits… Sending CPHPs… Now off for a tandem bicycle ride with my wife…
I love mountain biking I think it would be great to mountain bike out and hunt with the atomic hope you had a great ride.

Reactions: L.Leon
I am going to probably buy a huben for long distance and atomic since I can travel with it to Florida with just a hand pump. I apologize if I asked this before or if you answered it before. Since the atomic needs very little air to fill up and I think you said you always use a hand pump what specific hand pump do you use. For instance you don't need a really high pressure hand pump like you would to fill up the huben.
I've put about 2k shots through mine in the 6 weeks ive had it. All hand pumped with a Hill mk5, has been great.

I love mountain biking I think it would be great to mountain bike out and hunt with the atomic hope you had a great ride.
Anytime my wife can get away for a short or long ride, it’s a great feeling, being able to still ride on the roads at 62 and 64 years of age is, priceless. On the tandem I know she’s always with me and we are connected in our flow. Feeling blessed this Memorial Day.

Hit the saline bottle on “end” see the pellet? It barely penetrates…

2E3AD2F3-43FE-450B-A6DB-FBE7AED88638.jpeg