• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why I like my Condor

About seven or eight years ago I bought a used "Talondor" from a guy out in California. I think the rifle was originally a Condor but not sure. It had been heavily modified. When I got it, it had a 90 gram hammer, the spring had been modified, and it had a lot of junk hung on it. Most of which I removed and stuck on a shelf.

That rifle isn't the most accurate rifle I own but it will hold an inch at fifty yards with any of the barrels I have for it. It is the most powerful air arm I own. It came with a 12" .25 cal barrel. Over the years I've put two or three different optics on it. I've bought a 24" .22 barrel and an 18" .20 barrel and a 12" .20 barrel. I've spent a while trying different hammer springs, different hammers and different top hats. I've regulated it and taken the regulator off.

That is why I like my Condor. In half an hour I can switch between three different calibers and half a dozen different tunes. If I want a fifty or sixty FPE .25 I can have that in the same amount of time that it takes to configure it as a .20 caliber 75 yard squirrel rifle. It is just that versatile. It is a great hunting rifle.

I would recommend one to anyone who wants a simple, accurate, hard hitting PCP that can be reconfigured any number of ways.

In January I configured it to run the 24" barrel in .22 cal because I was clearing out ground hogs on my permissions this spring. That task is done so today I decided to swap in the 12" .20 barrel to shoot the JSB Exact Heavys at about 27 fpe. Should be a fine 75 yard squirrel rifle with that pellet, if the targets I shot at 40 today are any indication.

Now I am going to set it in a corner and forget it till I need to use it later to run "orchard security detail". The squirrels are about to start cutting fruit from the trees and I don't plan on tolerating that.

Couldn't agree more. I have two airforce frames and a handful of valves, hammers, springs, and barrels. Perfect airgun "erector set" for me. I can get over 130 fpe out of my 18" .25 barrel. Have longer TJ's .250 and .257 on the way... excited.

I could get any airgun I want, budget not an issue, but after spending hours browsing Pyramyd Air catalog and Krale's inventory, in the end i always choose to get another part for my airforce guns. Lack of a magazine not an issue for me.

The other great thing is that they just work.. you don't see lots of threads discussing these guns because they are so reliable and there isnt much to break or mess up. No leaks and problems. They are so good it is almost boring... :eek:)

When I see a frame for sale will purchase it to have a .30 condor.. rugged and reliable.. my talon ss frames are first gen so they have more than 10 years n still rockin...I have a .22 condor barrel tha I have to buy back, it shoots from gto to 40g boat tails accurately looky me the guy I sold it..sell it back to me...after my uragan fiasco I will stick to my old guns for now and up my casting game n equipment...I enjoy casting n like to perfect my self in that .. is relaxing 

I finished tweaking the tune on that rifle today. I don't know much about improving the accuracy of this platform and am open to hints and advice.

This target is 3/4 scale of the 25 meter BR target. I shot it at 25 meters as I happened to have it in the box when I went out to the bench.

The aggregate of the shots is also below.

condor-20.1625456038.jpg

Condor-JSB-HE-20.1625456076.jpg

Debbie downer here. I owned one airforce gun it was the escape ss. I dont know if I had the worst luck ever or what but first it was the end cap they only put one set screw to hold it on and it kept trying to blow off the front of the gun so I called them and they sent me out a new end cap same problem. I ended up taking it to work and having my machinist put in a 2nd set screw on opposite side which fixed what should have never been an issue. Then the little grub screw for the power wheel fell out one day in my yard when I was shooting took me hours to find it. Then the bust disk failed I plugged it off shot it for a while sent the tank in had it fixed and sold the gun I wanted to love that gun maybe the non suppressed ones are better but mine sucked.

I finished tweaking the tune on that rifle today. I don't know much about improving the accuracy of this platform and am open to hints and advice.

This target is 3/4 scale of the 25 meter BR target. I shot it at 25 meters as I happened to have it in the box when I went out to the bench.

The aggregate of the shots is also below.

condor-20.1625456038.jpg

Condor-JSB-HE-20.1625456076.jpg

What software are you using to get that target data?

Reactions: Carlton29
Debbie downer here. I owned one airforce gun it was the escape ss. I dont know if I had the worst luck ever or what but first it was the end cap they only put one set screw to hold it on and it kept trying to blow off the front of the gun so I called them and they sent me out a new end cap same problem. I ended up taking it to work and having my machinist put in a 2nd set screw on opposite side which fixed what should have never been an issue. Then the little grub screw for the power wheel fell out one day in my yard when I was shooting took me hours to find it. Then the bust disk failed I plugged it off shot it for a while sent the tank in had it fixed and sold the gun I wanted to love that gun maybe the non suppressed ones are better but mine sucked.

So two grub screws and a burst disc failure is all it takes for the "this gun sucks" label?

For me if parts are falling off a new gun that's a sign of low quality build. The end cap was a real problem until I got that fixed. In less than 10 shots it would pop out at an angle opposite side of the grub screw and pellets would clip it. I probably should have returned the gun to pyramyd air but like I said I wanted to love the gun in the end I got 2 marauders and they turned out to be better suited for me.

For me if parts are falling off a new gun that's a sign of low quality build. The end cap was a real problem until I got that fixed. In less than 10 shots it would pop out at an angle opposite side of the grub screw and pellets would clip it. I probably should have returned the gun to pyramyd air but like I said I wanted to love the gun in the end I got 2 marauders and they turned out to be better suited for me.

I want to say just about say right about 75 fpe is where I will be mindful of the endcap, with the barrel tucked inside the frame with my TalonP.

When I use my more powerful valve/tank with goes north of 100fpe, I check the endcap every shot, no lie.

My next barrel will definitely not be inside the frame and completely bypass that situation altogether.

And the upgrade to a stainless screw vs the plastic stock power wheel screw eliminates it from falling out.

If the gun doesn't work for you, that's fine because ultimately you're the one that has to be pleased with it.

Now my .25 Mrod, I've replaced just about everything on it except the barrel & breech, and is by definition a money pit.

But I wouldn't trade the experience for anything airgun related, and both combined are my one two punch.

Wasn't pissing on anything, just couldn't understand why 2 of the easiest fixes could label a gun to the sucks level.

As I mentioned to get my Mrod to where its at right now took $$ + time, where all the TalonP took was a couple of tweaks here and there.

I have a paperweight pcp that had I not tried fixing myself I should of returned it, and one day will order some parts and fix it, but until then it just sits as a reminder to me to never order one of them again😅, so trust me when I say I can feel your pain of having a new gun not live up to your expectations.