• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why I like EDguns

I have owned a fair amount of "higher end" airguns and ended up circling back to EDgun simply because THEY WORK! And when an o ring inevitably fails there is no need to ship my gun across the country to get it fixed because they are so simple to work on. And I can run it over with my truck if I ever feel like it😉 Thanks Ed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acbBn52HENE

Reactions: JamesD.
There you go again Ed, proving once more that truth and facts are irritating little things that are inconvenient to people who enjoy being used and abused and made to feel cheap by air gun manufacturers who price their products according to the old mantra of "whatever the public will bear." It's a little like the way we sell new cars in this country. The salesman sits you down in the car of your choice, lets you start drooling over the luxury, styling, performance and smell of new leather in your dream car as he explains every little facet of the automobile and gives you facts and figures that may or may not be true. If you react positively, he knows he has you hook line and sinker and like a fish, all he has to do is reel you in and then he has you ... and then he starts on the old line about the warranty and how it has the best warranty in the business on the powertrain … but it is only good for 5 years or 100,000 miles so you will need the all encompassing bumper to bumper extended warranty which will only cost you a couple of thousand dollars more and you would be a fool not to buy it … but you have to accept it right now or it will not be available tomorrow ... or if it is … it will cost much much more.

I guess I am old school, I have this crazy hunch and high hope that somewhere out there … there is a excellent, accurate, durable, hard hitting, good looking gun that is made by someone that isn't out to steal the coins off a dead man's eyes ... and in return is ready, willing and able to provide such a weapon which can be tuned, accurized and maintained by someone with just the basic skills necessary to break it down and replace any worn out parts. And as an added bonus, this manufacturer is concerned enough about his customers to put out videos describing in detail exactly how to do everything you could ever want to do to the gun to make it as fine a firearm as anything in your gun safe. 

Ed is what I would call a REAL person. He reminds me of the old native American Indian named King Rootin' Tootin' who was married to Queen Hotsie Totsie (but that's another story) Anyway,old Rootin' Tootin" used to say, "What matters most is whether you are REAL or not. REAL isn't how you are made … it's something that happens along the way … it doesn't happen all at once … it takes a long time … that's why it doesn't happen to people who break easily … or have sharp edges … or are afraid of somebody saying something bad about you ... or have been carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are REAL, most of your hair has been loved off … and your eyes drop out … and you get loose in the joints … and sometimes you get a little shabby lookin'. But these things don't matter none, because once you are real, you can't be ugly … except to people who just don't understand."

I purchased a Matador R5M from Edgun West and walked away from the deal feeling like a had gotten my moneys worth … heck, to tell you the truth, I felt like I had gotten a bargain which is a rather rare feeling these days after purchasing a air gun.

John

Reactions: NoLandBeyond
I've been saying this for years now. Edgun puts everything into a gun first. 

Fx sells a Wildcat for $300 cheaper, but then you need a stock upgrade($240), adjustable scope rings ($90), mag holders ($30 a piece, so $90), then Ted (or FX) says you need a an Fx stx barrel ($110) because it is better.

If the stx is better in every way, just put the stx in it in the first place! Nobody wants an extra crap barrel that they are never going to use or sell lying around the house. 

Ed, I want a long barrel efficient high power accurate regulated rifle. No bull pup. I'd like open sights as the only after market or factory ordered option I can think of. I don't think you can lower your price but of course it would be nice if quality airguns were all around what a entry level quality A7 Sako is. Not 2-3x's as much. If cutting cost means single shot, I don't mind. I PREFER it. Paying anything more than what a Marauder magazine costs is idiotic. I'd like to feel the pellet seating I I believe either the Leshay or maybe I'm confused, The gun that's stock is it's tank, swings open, you load a pellet. That's an interesting principal I like. I'm not even sure if you make that one. I say keep up the GREAT work Ed. I will be buying one of your creations most likely brand new and hopefully you take custom orders. If you do, it'll be my last PCP I ever buy as I'd ask for some unique features. The only thing I can say is possibly offer options of variable calibers as not everyone can afford a quality rifle in 3-4 calibers but could afford 3-4 barrels if they thread on straight & tight, lock down good with no wearing out. The only other good advice I have is work on a faster timed valve and faster lock/dwell time. That right now is Daystate's biggest selling point. Guys think those micro seconds are going to make them a better shooter. Technically 5x's faster dwell is a lot downrange if you move even thousandths so variables are unavoidable. If you could make it faster, increase accuracy, of course, your product will (already does) sell itself. I just want to see a mechanical keep up with or even beat any electronic solenoid valve

Edit: Seems I offended some folks with my rambling. Let me apologize right now for that. I edited out my novellet, which is reposted below. I don't know who I offended, but I can say I didn't mean to. I wish to state, I don't think I'm the person to take advice from. I have observations on the airguns I've owned, tried. I can say what I definitely want in an air gun, and what I think is not necessary. This to me, was what the original poster asked for. Any advice on skimmping, aftermarket mods, any must have changes if we, the air gun crowd were to even consider buying one brand over another. Maybe I do have ADHD and get off track but to me, all is relevant. So, I apologize, and let it at that. I don't wish to be walking on eggshells. I myself will never give a negative comment unless it's a dangerous post. Moving on, time to shoot. 76 yr old Pop just pulled in, gotta get it in in the morning when winds are light or non existent. Good day Gents.

You're winning me over with easy to reseal. I already know of the accuracy & build quality. I'd like an accurate Huben but there is NO way I'd ever buy one when it can't be serviced by me. Which reminds me, anyone know where I can find Rainstorm 1 reseal kits and the Altaros reg for it rebuild kit? I really don't have the cash to send to an expert right now. 

I asked about mechanical or electrical. That post got a lot of feedback & I see many are torn, but feel as I do. The fact that the lock time is 4-5x's faster than any other rifle, that almost has me right there; but, still. I'll NEVER go electronic, batteries, computer boards, $400 programmer. NO way. I could buy a Prime CT9 and a dam fine air gun for that cost. 

I actually got on here to look up rules of EBR. I don't think they have many rules. I mean, are those guys using bipods, sand bags, or mechanical rests? I know Thomas's first design had an electric trigger and Mike had to make a variant so it could compete in comps with rules. To me, it's cheating, plain & simple. Just look at the fact that practice makes perfect, beware of the man with ONE (Do you here me you guys? ONE!) gun, as he knows it well. Claudio practiced in the winds and bested all. Congrats to a dedicated man. Hey, I can't go sample different bra & panty models so yes, my addiction has switched to bows & air guns. But, I KNOW I'd improve if I sold all, invested in one quality gun with high quality reg & good scope. Hey Ed, you reading this? Offer after market micro click sights for guys that want them. I promise you here and now if your Gen 5 could be fitted with good open micro clicks I'd get one. I like your single shot guns. That's what I love most about my break barrels. I can tell you when I seat a pellet if it's going to be dead on, high & right or low & left. There's sometimes I wish break barrels had a simple ejector to push it back out instead of fussing around with a rod and chancing messing my crown as MANY of these pellets would be rejected if I were shooting for serious groups. That is one advantage break barrels have over all other PCP's. I can't load a pellet dome concentric to bore with a probe nor can I feel so well the tightness or lack thereof. I know, this is what a choke is for. I never wanted to be this guy but now I own Starrett micrometers, depth gauge, and I'm not only wanting an Edgun & many others. I'm wanting a Chronograph again. I want a pellet gauge in .177 & .22 for now or a better system. I want an actual sizer die made and a mold for 2 of my guns. My Rainstorm and my R1 .22's. I need to take that barrel off the RS and slug it with every pellet I own (brand) and see what fits nice & tight like the FTT 5.54's do in the R1. OK, I gotta go but there's one last question, How easy is it to take the barrel off the receiver of an Edgun to do exactly that, slug it from breech and inspect leade? In comparison I'd say I hate working on Crosman Discoveries. Are they hard? NO. Their build quality only allows you so many tinkering take downs before you are tapping it for the next size up. Edguns have this problem? Anyone patient enough to have read all of this who's owned, tinkered with MANY rifles to have a say in what's the easiest gun to strip, mod, reseal, chamfered well from factory so when you push valve body & gauge back in, the tube doesn't slice your brand new O-rings like a razor? I thank you kindly for any advice in a reply. Keep up the good work Mr. Ed. I will be buying one of your creations one day quite soon if they are easy to reseal, disassemble for cleaning, slugging pellets from breech. Your method of doing it all right & of high quality the first time is 100% correct & is what has gotten you famous, this far, & a dedicated following that's growing. I seriously would like to see open micro click sights offered on all air guns but, that may not be important enough. I feel too many care about how their gun looks instead of function & quality. I hate tacticool. I want utilitarian heirloom quality tough, tried & true. The suggestion to lower the price by 50% must be a joke as I'm pretty sure they know you can't even make your guns that well at 1/2 price let alone a profit. What John said above, that he feels he got a deal, even though expensive, speaks volumes. I spent almost 4K on a custom rifle, scope, case, mods, and lost 1/2 in resale WITH a new tank and 20 tins of pellets. Totally uncool. I NEVER should have sold that gun and it's my fault but I jumped on a bandwagon and listened to the wrong advice. That gun did NOT need ANY of what I had done after factor. I should have spent $2500 for it, scope and been done. Now, I know. I learned the hard way. The thing is, those guns had held value but in the last few years, OH, FX has become the wanted rifle when actually, I'm sorry if you disagree but don't be mad as it's just my opinion. They feel like a toy they are so light and plastic like parts. 

Ed, I want a long barrel efficient high power accurate regulated rifle. No bull pup. I'd like open sights as the only after market or factory ordered option I can think of. I don't think you can lower your price but of course it would be nice if quality airguns were all around what a entry level quality A7 Sako is. Not 2-3x's as much. If cutting cost means single shot, I don't mind. I PREFER it. Paying anything more than what a Marauder magazine costs is idiotic. I'd like to feel the pellet seating I I believe either the Leshay or maybe I'm confused, The gun that's stock is it's tank, swings open, you load a pellet. That's an interesting principal I like. I'm not even sure if you make that one. I say keep up the GREAT work Ed. I will be buying one of your creations most likely brand new and hopefully you take custom orders. If you do, it'll be my last PCP I ever buy as I'd ask for some unique features. The only thing I can say is possibly offer options of variable calibers as not everyone can afford a quality rifle in 3-4 calibers but could afford 3-4 barrels if they thread on straight & tight, lock down good with no wearing out. The only other good advice I have is work on a faster timed valve and faster lock/dwell time. That right now is Daystate's biggest selling point. Guys think those micro seconds are going to make them a better shooter. Technically 5x's faster dwell is a lot downrange if you move even thousandths so variables are unavoidable. If you could make it faster, increase accuracy, of course, your product will (already does) sell itself. I just want to see a mechanical keep up with or even beat any electronic solenoid valve."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmmm?

I think I'll have to read this again, to decide if I'm in concurrence.

Yeah. I think its hard to beat Edgun's quality and durability. The quality defiantly justifies the price. At least it feels like money well spent unlike some other high end brands. There is that one company out there that really has issues with this. I wont go into it but just simply reading the forum will enlighten you no doubt. I will say that my Vulcan and ocelot are up there when it comes to quality also. Might not be to Ed's standards but its close.

Ed, just keep on keeping it real! Some of us are not tinkerers, we just want to shoot a quality gun accurately and consistently out of the box for a long time to come. I don't have one yet but those are the reasons my next gun will be an R5M. I just need to sell my disco and rainstorm first but only after I figure out how to ship them and who to ship them to for resealing as they both leak and they are a pita to work on for someone like me. Should have bought an Edgun!

Not for me. Probably a personal choice. I am also still waiting for my Edgun to be designed the way i like it really. But I am not here to tell the owner what it should be like hell no, he wont give a sh*t anyway as he knows best. Showing clear signs of narcissistic personality disorder. I prefer other eastern european brands instead, humble guys. So far i have spent over $4k on different makes, all eastern european with no regrets. 

2-3 guns are better than 1, will not convince me about the opposite, if they all work great. and thats the case. Only snobs think that if you pay tripple you get tripple everything.

just an opinion, do not eat me alive for this.

Bought a .25 R5M for my first Edgun. I won't say it's my last, but the gun just didn't suit me? Maybe I should have started with an older model bolt action?

Things I liked. I loved the feel of it and the looks of it and the availability of front side cocking on both sides. Great shot count. It was accurate too, but no more so than my Kalibrguns? Loved how easy it was to take apart and put back together. Made barrel cleaning a breeze. So I can't really say anything bad about the gun other than it didn't suit me?

I have had and shot many many airguns rifles and pups alike. My Thomas, and 3 Kalibrguns are my keepers right now. I've shot the Wildcat, the Impact, the FX 400, FX 300, Taipan Veteran, Air Arms S500, Steyr LG 110 and several tuned Marauders. All great guns, but I'm still comfortable with the guns I have.

Things that didn't suit me. I guess first was the trigger. It would be the top thing. I could never get it adjusted as light as I prefer. I just prefer a hair trigger with hardly any first stage. Had a friend who has done amazing work with the triggers on my other guns and he couldn't even get it where I liked it? I sold the gun to him at a pretty steep loss I might add.

I didn't care for the plastic magazines. Had a few of them jump completely out of the breech while cocking? Would have been bad if you were hunting and that happened and it fell in the sand or mud? Again maybe the Kalibrgun metal mags have spoiled me? Never had one of them jump out of the gun?

Could never get the side cocking smooth enough to suit me. Maybe my side lever cocking .22 Colibri has spoiled me? I would set them up side by side and shoot them one after the other and it was like night and day? The Colibri's side lever was butter smooth and quick and just felt way superior. I just felt like I had to struggle more with the Eddy side lever and also had to slow it down when cocking it to get it to load properly?

OK and the last thing is I'm one of the few who doesn't like the new digital air gauge! I would have swapped it out for an analog gauge if I had kept the gun.

Hope I haven't stepped on anyone's toes as I like to be positive about my airgun experiences. Just one man's honest experience. I tried to love it and after a few weeks I just knew it wasn't going to be a keeper for me? Sorry guys!

Jimmy

Not for me. Probably a personal choice. I am also still waiting for my Edgun to be designed the way i like it really. But I am not here to tell the owner what it should be like hell no, he wont give a sh*t anyway as he knows best. Showing clear signs of narcissistic personality disorder. I prefer other eastern european brands instead, humble guys. So far i have spent over $4k on different makes, all eastern european with no regrets. 

2-3 guns are better than 1, will not convince me about the opposite, if they all work great. and thats the case. Only snobs think that if you pay tripple you get tripple everything.

just an opinion, do not eat me alive for this.

Sigh, labeling Ed a narcissistic personality disorder is not an 'opinion'. It's the kind of bs that's scored you negs at a record rate and frankly, deservingly. And I do wish you'd show some of the humility you apparently value when attempting to force people to your views and to follow your commonly incorrect/illogical advice. 

Your opinion of the guns is of course your own and you are welcome to it 👍🏻

Reactions: CampFussell