• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Why I hate eBay

• Thread starter Deleted member 46449
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 46449

I have read a few of the stories about eBay on here. I just had one of those experiences that reminded me of why I hate eBay so badly.

I had searched the 'Net high and low for some Pellgunoil. I found listings on every major air gun website out there. I found that all of them show the product "Out of stock". So, I kept searching and found dozens of listings on eBay. I picked the one with the lowest "price plus shipping" and bought one. That was two days ago. I just got an email telling me that I had received a refund from PalPal. After reading the email, I logged into eBay and there was a message from the seller. It stated that there was a problem with my address. I sent him a message asking what was wrong with my address. Then, I got ticked off. He told me that PayPal won't allow him to ship to the State of Illinois because of our stupid gun laws. No kidding! I can't buy a damned tube of oil from anybody on eBay due to gun laws in this State.

I don't know who to be more mad at or who to holler at. How can ANYBODY be so stupid as to restrict the sale of OIL that might be used on a BB gun because of gun laws? I did have problems buying my Mod 25 last week. The first three websites I tried to buy from told me they couldn't deliver a gun to anyone in the State of Illinois. Yhey suggested contacting a local FFL dealer and arranging to have the gun shipped to them for a fee of $25 to $35. As mad as I was getting, it worked out for the best. The place I ended up ordering from simply required a copy of my FOID card and a copy of my drivers license. Once they had those, they completed the order. I say it worked out for the best because they happened to have the gun priced $25 to $30 lower than any other site I had been on.

But that doesn't compare to a place that has a policy that says you can't ship oil that may or may not be used on a BB gun to someone living in this state. Just unreal!

• Wow
Reactions: ThomasT and SHOMER
FWIW, I just went on Ebay and ordered a tube to see what would happen. (I needed some anyways...) I live in the anti-2A state of MA. No issues with placing the order. I have ordered many firearm related things on Ebay for PB's and airguns. Never any problems.

In any case you can probably get it at your local Walmart or any big box outdoors store that sells airguns.

Worse case go to Pyramid Air, Airgun Depot, AoA, or any of the other major online outlets. While you're there you can stock up on other supplies while you're at it and combine the shipping.

Ugh - I feel you man. I was in Illinois at the UofI in Urbana/Champaign in the early 90s. I got my FOID car and a Ruger MarkII .22 and some fun shooting illeally on people's farms - I didn't know - I just found out of the way places to shoot. I can't believe how anal IL is on airguns when they seem pretty free regarding PBs.

WOW! This is obliviously a hot topic. We went out to eat and I came back to all these responses. A side note. We went to one of our two local Chinese places. Yuck! We'll not be going there ever again.

As a fellow Illinois prisoner I feel your pain. Grandkids will keep me here until the day I die.
Ye. Same problem. My wife won't even consider moving away from family. I couldn't care less, about her family OR mine. I'm ready to get back to Texas. I spent almost 6 years at Ft. Hood, came home for a while, then moved back for another 3 years. Then, like a real dipsrtick, let my wife convince me to move back here permanently. Stupid is as stupid does.

Or just go get a bottle of transmition fluid and have pellgunoil for life.
Yeah, add me to the list of guys wanting to know if trans fluid is the same as Pellgunoil, and exactly how closely the two actually are in composition.

You just gotta love that "common sense gun control".
Chicago has the toughest gun laws in the nation. Not only are residents of Chicago subject to our state laws, they then have additional laws from Cook County, and even MORE laws from the City of Chicago. Now, with all those really stringent laws, Chicago still has more shootings and killings that any other major city in the country. Now, that's all based on population. I think New York and maybe L.A actually have more shootings/killings TOTAL. I'm not really sure where they all stand now. I just know stupid gun laws will NEVER stop criminals from obtaining and using guns. PERIOD.

because it contains the word gun OR the store ie; Roberts gun shop as the shipper ? I moved to KY because there are very little gun laws
Well, there is no mention of "gun" or "firearm" in the seller's name. So, I sent him a message a little while ago and got this reply:

"There is maintenance in the shipping address fields, sir, that's why I stated the situation."

I've never seen or heard of that. I did the due diligence I SHOULD have done before I ordered. I suddenly realized the seller is in Turkey. Nothing against Turkey, but I usually try to order ONLY from US of A sellers. There are just way too many chances of problems popping up when dealing with overseas sellers. It's usually not the seller's fault, but just problems with commerce between countries. So, mark that up to my being lax in ordering stuff.

Rather than “why I hate EBay” your title should be “why I hate Illinois”.......
You go THAT right, friend! AND every day I live here causes me more pain and aggravation.

In any case you can probably get it at your local Walmart or any big box outdoors store that sells airguns.

Worse case go to Pyramid Air, Airgun Depot, AoA, or any of the other major online outlets. While you're there you can stock up on other supplies while you're at it and combine the shipping.

Pyramyd Air says "Notify me when product becomes available. Airgun Depot says, "Coming soon". AoA says, "Product is out of stock". ANd a couple other places were in the same shape. That's the ONLY reason I turned to eBay. I really wanted to buy from one of those places, even the place I ordered my Mod 25 says, "This product is currently Out of Stock, No Backorder".

As for getting the stuff at a local Walmart or big box outdoors store, I live in a really rural area of southeastern Illinois. This entire County has a population of 15,796. Almost all of the surrounding Counties have similar populations. This really is "Hicktown, USA", or Podunk, IL". LOL! We can't even buy a bag of Lay's potato chips at out local Walmart. The shelves in that store are about half full, or half empty, depending on your view. LOL! As for any outdoors stores, I have to drive a minimum of an hour and a half to find a poorly stocked outdoors store. We just don't have the population to warrant any such type of store being anywhere near here. That's why I do so much of my purchasing online. I'd LOVE to buy locally. I just don't have that option, sadly. Even some of the area gun shops have a REALLY limited inventory of firearms for sale. They can't afford to have all that money tied up in inventory when they sell so few guns and a weekly basis.
Ugh - I feel you man. I was in Illinois at the UofI in Urbana/Champaign in the early 90s. I got my FOID car and a Ruger MarkII .22 and some fun shooting illeally on people's farms - I didn't know - I just found out of the way places to shoot. I can't believe how anal IL is on airguns when they seem pretty free regarding PBs.
You know, once upon a time, I could go pretty much anywhere in the eastern half of the county I grew up in and hunt whatever I wanted. My family knew most everybody in that area and nobody was the least bit concerned with who was hunting on their property. The general rule was, if there was already a vehicle parked where you wanted to hunt, you moved on. When you found and area with no vehicles, that's where you hunted for the day. Now, keep in mind I'm referring to the 60s and things have REALLY changed. My dad was a really big coyote hunter. He had hounds to chase them with. When he first got into it, we ran the dogs just about anywhere we wanted, as long as it was at least a couple miles from one of the little towns. The town folk sometimes objected to seeing a 'yote and 3 or 4 dogs having a bloody fight in the middle of the street. LOL! By the time Dad died, we were traveling miles and miles, just to find a place to turn the dogs loose. After Dad died, I kept some of the dogs and my son and I tried hunting. The first time we went out, we were arrested for trespassing because our dogs happened to run a coyote across a 40 acre patch owned by a nasty, old, biddy who screamed bloody murder about the dogs messing up her property. Now, that's no joke. The 40 acres was a corn stubble field. All the crops were out. She lived on a 10 acre plot across the road from where the dogs were. The coyote and the dogs ran ACROSS the 40 acres on the way to a really densely wooded area. If you have ever seen a good coyote chase, you already know just how little time it takes for them to run all the way across 40 acres. We're talking MINUTES. We were still arrested for trespassing and not one, single, human being had stepped foot on her property. This was another reason I decided to sell every conventional firearm I owned. Between being half crippled up, moving into town, and all the buttholes in the world that would have you arrested for shooting a couple of rabbits or a couple of squirrels, there was just no sense in keeping a couple of large closets full of guns.

And after selling all my guns, I have had a nearly irresistible urge to shoot something, any thing, just to be shooting. LOL!

Pellgunoil is basically 20wt non detergent motor oil with some seal conditioners in it.
Really! Now, I'll have to do some research into that. I can by a quart of tranny fluid for less than what the Pellgunoil is priced for. That's a WHOLE lot of difference in price per ounce!

As for getting the stuff at a local Walmart or big box outdoors store, I live in a really rural area of southeastern Illinois. This entire County has a population of 15,796. Almost all of the surrounding Counties have similar populations. This really is "Hicktown, USA", or Podunk, IL". LOL! We can't even buy a bag of Lay's potato chips at out local Walmart. The shelves in that store are about half full, or half empty, depending on your view. LOL! As for any outdoors stores, I have to drive a minimum of an hour and a half to find a poorly stocked outdoors store. We just don't have the population to warrant any such type of store being anywhere near here. That's why I do so much of my purchasing online. I'd LOVE to buy locally. I just don't have that option, sadly. Even some of the area gun shops have a REALLY limited inventory of firearms for sale. They can't afford to have all that money tied up in inventory when they sell so few guns and a weekly basis.
Talk about adding insult to injury. Live in a horribly anti-gun state without at least the common couresy of having "suburban" levels of commercial development which are common in such states..

Meanwhile in Chicago, I bet 50 people will get shot this 3-day weekend. The laws are really working great!
BAM! That hits it right on the head.

Do a search there are threads where people asked crosman if they were the same and they said yes. Look for transmission fluid that doesn't have additives.
OK. I'll do just that. If you know of one or two brands that fit the bill, give me a shout. I appreciate it.

Trucker, I still laugh every time I see that from Ron White. Couldn't be more true. LOL!

Talk about adding insult to injury. Live in a horribly anti-gun state without at least the common couresy of having "suburban" levels of commercial development which are common in such states..
People in downstate Illinois are sick and tired of supporting that corner of the state. We can't elect a decent man to office due to the population of poopcago and of all the cemeteries up there. People from out of state think it's just a joke, but more than one governor was found guilty of LITERALLY having used dead peoples' names on ballots. It's a running joke with a lot of us when asked just how many of our past governors are serving time. We answer by asking, "I'm not sure. What time is it?"

Status
Not open for further replies.