Why I choose the Sidewinder over the Daystate Delta, the M3 and the Vulcan 3 for my last purchase.

1.- More power or less power just making turns clockwise or counterclockwise, that easy. None of the other alternatives offer that.

2.- Same accuracy or even more than all of them, both, close or far away.

3.- No possibility of electronics failure as in the Delta.

4.- No need of professional tunning on micro and macro as needed in the M3.

5.- More power than the one obtainable on the Vulcan 3 with shorter total length and less weight.

6.- No need of special but pad, nor a raiser on the scope rail, nor to buy an extra rail under the bottle as in the Delta and the M3.

7.- No need to buy a bigger bottle as in the case of the Delta Wolf.

8.- If wanted to change the caliber (22 -25, not 30), just to unscrew actual barrel and screw the new one and taking out the actual magazine and insert the new caliber one, without removing additional pieces, nor hammer, nor any kind of pin, as M3 and Delta need.

9.- No batteries that could need replacement.

10.- No software that could need update.

11.- No side level smooth nor stiff, automatic mechanism.

12.- No plastic magazine that can be broken or that can malfunction, as could happen with the M3.

13.- Certainty of accuracy with both pellets and slugs without the need of buying another barrel or additional pieces.

Well, those were the analized points to drove to go for another Sidewinder instead of for a Delta Wolf, a M3 or a Vulcan 3 700, all in .25 Cal.

Good bye for those three rifles that always had as a "very nice to eventually buy".

Last edited:
No air when it leaks? Sorry i had to, lol, that is the most i have seen from sidewinder posts. Sounds like you are pretty happy with it so far.
My .30 Cal Sidewinder works perfectly. No leaks.

I have not receive yet the.25. Let's hope it will not leak and that it works as well as the.30 Cal.

I will share experice in this Forum.

I shot a rattler the other day. Is the trigger on the Sidewinder better? I liked the gun, but the tigger either leaves some to be desired or is something you need to get used to. Which is it? The guns accuracy and consistency was impressive along with the power.
I have never shot a Rattler but the trigger of the Sidewinder has a long middle weight first step that do not allow you to predict the shot.

I like the must the electronic trigger of my Daystate Renegades, doubtless!!!

The trigger of the sidewinder, after learning it, allows you not to make a pull that send you out of the aiming point.

The positive angle of the trigger of the Sidewinder is that is not easy to make, by accident, an unwanted shot.

I only have the Huben, but I went with it on the advice of others that had multiple variants. For me, the trigger in semi-auto was the biggest factor for in my situation. I hate vague creepy triggers and want a solid stop on the second stage with a clean break - I don't want to have to learn a different trigger technique between different guns (I tune them to be similar by purpose). The Huben delivers - it has an excellent trigger and it is adjustable too.

The great news is that we are getting more of these hammerless guns to choose from, so pick the one that meets your wants and needs best!

1.- More power or less power just making turns clockwise or counterclockwise, that easy. None of the other alternatives offer that.

2.- Same accuracy or even more than all of them, both, close or far away.

3.- No possibility of electronics failure as in the Delta.

4.- No need of professional tunning on micro and macro as needed in the M3.

5.- More power than the one obtainable on the Vulcan 3 with shorter total length and less weight.

6.- No need of special but pad, nor a raiser on the scope rail, nor to buy an extra rail under the bottle as in the Delta and the M3.

7.- No need to buy a bigger bottle as in the case of the Delta Wolf.

8.- If wanted to change the caliber (22 -25, not 30), just to unscrew actual barrel and screw the new one and taking out the actual magazine and insert the new caliber one, without removing additional pieces, nor hammer, nor any kind of pin, as M3 and Delta need.

9.- No batteries that could need replacement.

10.- No software that could need update.

11.- No side level smooth nor stiff, automatic mechanism.

12.- No plastic magazine that can be broken or that can malfunction, as could happen with the M3.

13.- Certainty of accuracy with both pellets and slugs without the need of buying another barrel or additional pieces.

Well, those were the analized points to drove to go for another Sidewinder instead of for a Delta Wolf, a M3 or a Vulcan 3 700, all in .25 Cal.

Good bye for those three rifles that always had as a "very nice to eventually buy".
I have to say i think all of the western products, when working properly, are better than most, if not all of the other stuff currently available. I have a western rattler in 357, its sub moa at 100 with every ammo ive put threw it. It can shoot pellets and slugs right out of the box. Can be tuned down to 600 fps all the way up to breaking the sound barrier with fx hybrids. Its like all the good things about a impact m3 (accuracy) and all the good things of my texan (massive power) put into a semi auto package. Its kind of a do everything well rifle. Ive thought about getting a .30 sidewinder and the bushpig also. They really do seem to make great rifles.

Baabar the sheep and the rattler

Screenshot_20230308_124811_Gallery.jpg

Irrespective of accuracy that is very good, I suppose the Sidewinder is a hunting and plinking rifle, more than an EBR competition one, because of:

- The trigger

- the short length (if I ever get to go to such kind of competition I would take with me my Wolverine HP becase of stability on the bench).

But is not my roll as a hunter talking about EBR when I never been in a competition nor will be. I apologize, and please, take my previous comment as an absolute uninformed guessing.