Why dry air is so important

Customer gun. 5 years old. He couldn't belive that I found this and and why I couldn't finish the tune. Blamed me somehow. This is why customer tunes are so stressful. 

20220315_123810.1653583209.jpg
20220315_122616.1653583209.jpg
20220315_122340.1653583211.jpg

Reactions: qball and Patrick1
Thats why I only feed my guns Nitrogen

That's an awesome idea but not feasible for the masses. That's what I'm looking in to now to help with air quality used but also speed of refill due to the amount of work in doing. Filing guns from a compressor or waiting for a small bottle to fill is a huge issue getting work out of the shop. 

Pardon my ignorance but is the gun salvageable? Can that be fixed?

Partially salvageable. The valve was rusted to the tube and the amount of heat and leverage needed to break it loose damaged the valve a little. Not sure how bad the tube pitting is but it could affect the safety of high pressure. I'll end up finding new parts to rebuild it to be safe. 

Pardon my ignorance but is the gun salvageable? Can that be fixed?

Partially salvageable. The valve was rusted to the tube and the amount of heat and leverage needed to break it loose damaged the valve a little. Not sure how bad the tube pitting is but it could affect the safety of high pressure. I'll end up finding new parts to rebuild it to be safe. 

Thanks! Rust inside a pressure tube sounds really bad! Are these any good? I have been using it for about two years now and it seems to get everything my compressor misses. 

https://www.topgun-airguns.com/product/alpha-in-line-moisture-filter/