Why doesn't anyone make a non-magnum nitro piston gun?

I owned the HW90 which generated 25 ft/lbs with the .22, 18.21gr H&N Baracuda Hunter. It was not a fun gun to shoot, however, it was a great gun for hunting. I currently own the Webley Alecto and she generates 7.5 ft/lbs. Both guns were very consistent with a Standard Deviation of 1 or 2 with the right pellet. The Alecto is great fun to shoot and very accurate. I would also like to see a high quality gas piston rifle that is not over powered. 

Guys, all of the Theoben-made gas rams (including the lower pressure HW90) can be adjusted for power / pressure by means of a pump or bottle (pump works best). If memory serves me correct, then the Theoben have a std 75bar working pressure, and the HW90 was around 25bar.

anyways, most of these come set at max pressure from the factory, but are transformed in shootability if you lower the pressure somewhat. With a pump you can try it various levels to find perfect behavior and fpe for you...

Good luck, Mike

According to my Chrony, the Nitro Pistoned Benjamin Regal II produces 16 FPE at 700 FPS in .22 cal with a 14.66 grain Pellet. In the 80s and 90s that would have been considered a magnum, but not in the current interpretation. It's trigger accepts the "ball bearing" upgrade, and seems to pull as nicely (perhaps even better) than my other Benjamin which uses the Charliedatuna CBR trigger mod. Even in 22 cal, it reliably makes 5 shot groups at 25 yards which would be entirely covered with a nickel. (This is achieved with a cheap, $25 blister pack Simmons scope). A good general rule is to shoot pests at a distance which you can still make nickel sized groups (dime sized even better). Even the Nitro pistoned air rifles seem to benefit from the artillery hold, or a very loose grip as a minimum.