Why does the co2 cartridge get stuck in my Crosman 2300s?

I've only used 5 or 6 Crosman 12g co2 cartridges in my Crosman 2300s and the last 2 got stuck and I had a difficult time removing them. I have to move the bolt with the gun pointed down while shaking the gun, it works but it takes awhile. I'm worried it'll get stuck and I can't remove it and I don't have the skill to take it apart and put it back together again and I'm hoping not to get into that situation. What is causing the co2 to get stuck? Should I put a little silicone lube on the cylinder before inserting it into the gun, would that help? With my Diana Chaser it has a slot and I can just push it out if it got stuck, wished Crosman used something similar. I also shoot a Webley Nemesis and it doesn't get stuck in that gun either, only in the Crosman. I'm also asking because I've ordered a Crosman 2240XL and that's a co2 gun and I may have the same problem.

Crosman sells a lube that you put on the tip of the cartridge that prevents sticking. It doesn't take much a drop is 10 times more than you need.

As long as the cartridge is not sticking to the cylinder someplace that should cure your problem. I think a thin wipe of silicone would accomplish the same thing.

Mine has 200+ cartridges and never a problem.

Do you shoot yours until it's completely empty? I do not, I change when shots fall off so there is still a bit of C02 left and that may be helping to break the seal.

Make sure you use a drop of Pellgun oil on the tip of every or every other Co2 cart so the sealing disc does no stick to your cart.

Sometimes there is a rough spot on the piercing pin that will hold the cart in especially in the case of using a heavier hammer spring than the stock unit. If the gun is new often it will wear in and be OK.

Other problem could be a burr or debris inside the tube or a slightly damaged, dented or out of round tube. 

Sometimes it is the carts themselves causing it to stick so try another brand, or buy some of the same from another store to get a different lot, if it continues.

I had that happen in two other guns of that type and had to resort to taking them apart. the first one I managed to drill the cartridge, and put a hook in but it was not strong enough. On both I found some faint concentric machining rings on the piercing pin and I think that along with firing until no CO2 left in cartridge contributed to the problem. I took the valve apart, reallly simple, a vice and pair of channel lock pliers did the trick. I then polished the piercing pin to a mirror polish on a buffing wheel and always apply a drop of oil to the cartridge tip, and never fire until all the CO2 is exhausted and have had no more problems. I am in the process of building what is basically a 2300s but in .22 cal and will polish the pins and do the same in a 2300t I have on order for my grandson