• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WHY does nobody cast there own bullets/Pellets?

I use Lee and RCBS molds for my Bulldog. I also use Lee molds for my .457 Texan. I use NOE, Lyman and Arsenal Molds for my .25's. NOE has an entire line of molds for airguns designed by Bob Sterne

Some of my molds have been sent to Hollow Point Services to be modified for Extreme Hollow Point's (Expensive).

I also use cast and swaged from Neilson Specialty Ammo and Cast for my Texan from High Arc Hunter. They are both reasonably priced and good products.

Thurmond

I am using the Lee 358-125 RF 5 cavity but it has been converted to a Hollow Point mold. I size using NOE push through sizer to .357. These work great in my Bulldog at 100 yards. Be aware if you have a Bulldog that the barrels can be inconsistent between batches meaning your gun may not like what my gun does. I found this out when testing some 95 grain swaged hollow points from Nick Nielsen. My Gun loves .357 but hates .356 (both work at close range but the .356's open up at longer ranges). I also use these in my recluse with great results.
NOE is a better solution IMHO since they are designed for Air Guns. Bob's Boattail designs are quite good.

Dave check out http://noebulletmolds.com/smf/index.php and http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forum.php

The GTA forum has a number of casters as well.

Thurmond

Thank you both so much Thurmond and Blackdiesel, for your insight and great info.

​Thurmond, the info about my barrel is very good to know...I will defiantly shoot both .357 & .356 out of my gun before I decide on a mold.
​Does your Bulldog's barrel mic out .357 or .356 ? or something in-between?
I don't know if this is a short-cut ,but if there the same size I'll start out at .357.

​Thank you again for the help and time, I have allready saved the links you shared to my favorites .

Dave

Nick Nielsen has Bobs Boat Tail's Hollow Point in on his site that I tried before committing to purchasing a mold! You can get them as cast or have them sized.
Contrary to standard practice I have not slugged my barrel or mic'ed it either. I just measured the OD of the 6 Nosler rounds included with my Bulldog and went from there.

Thurmond