• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why do you shoot? - Satisfaction!

It's relaxing and pleasing for me to plink and consistently hit what I aim at. Lots of black walnut trees on my property. I use the husks left over by the squirrels as targets and shoot them from 40 to 64 yards. Steel targets from 50 to 102 yards. Also like to shoot groups to confirm accuracy/precision. The consistent accuracy never gets old for me. I plink and shoot at my target dots at least 4 times a week. Have been spoiled by the repeatable, consistent accuracy of my PCPs.

The focus that it takes to shoot really well provides me with a mental solitude that I really enjoy. Just a singular focus that blocks out all the "noise" if you know what I mean.

I do indeed know what you mean. with all that is going on these days it's nice to hit the mental mute button slow things down. Breathe and squeeze therapy my friend calls it. 

Because I have 2 great rifles, enough pellets for a while, independent air supply, 6 "permissions" & a wife who tells me I'm always in a calmer frame of mind when I return. I find that it's very Zen & meditative. Makes me pay attention to autonomic body systems that we usually don't think about & take for granted (breathing, heartbeat, muscle control). I love the whole "process"!