Why do you remove the price?

Yes I see people do this too, with cameras, guns and other collectible goods. I don't understand why either? Perhaps they don't want the archived ads to be setting the price for others or they are embarrassed that they sold something valuable for so little. Or it's just "none of your business" in case the taxman or spouse investigate. Seems silly. 

I always start my AGN browsing on the Classifieds. I see something that I often wonder about, mostly because I compare actual sale prices to adjust my knowledge of real values, this, so I don't offend people I make offers to; I am always searching for a bargain when one can be had :)

So, why do you delete the price after it's sold?

This is against our Classified Rules. Should you come across this please Flag the topic and for the reason write "Removed price".

Thank you

Reactions: rickpeterson
i really hate to find an add and then find out it was sold two weeks or months or years ago .

Guilty, I did that here.

But I corrected it once someone reminded me by asking if it was available.

I see prices remove from sold goods at a lot of sites (not here). I agree it's annoying and it would be better just to remove the whole listing.

personally i think the add should be removed when sold . i really hate to find an add and then find out it was sold two weeks or months or years ago .

the person posting the ad has a resposibility to change the title when it sells or he finds a seller he is seeking, when the title change occurs, the moderators move it to some back pages, you will have to ask them where they move it to

this rule:

1. When the status of your ad changes please update your TITLE with the appropriate status FROM THE DROP DOWN BOX. Do NOT delete the content of your ad). Deleting the content of your ad may result in loss of privileges until that ad expires (14 days from creation).
    [/LIST=1]

Yeah another Gate but maybe they should consider adding a Classified Archive?? Define a set time frame an ad stays active, say 2 weeks?? If the item sells, the seller marks it sold and it moves to the Archive. If it doesn't sell after that time is up, the ad gets moved to the Archive section. The Classifieds section would get smaller and easier to go through and members could still surf through the Archive any time they wanted.

Yeah another Gate but maybe they should consider adding a Classified Archive?? Define a set time frame an ad stays active, say 2 weeks?? If the item sells, the seller marks it sold and it moves to the Archive. If it doesn't sell after that time is up, the ad gets moved to the Archive section. The Classifieds section would get smaller and easier to go through and members could still surf through the Archive any time they wanted.

@SteveP-52 You’ve pretty much described how the AGN “Classifieds” are designed to work. They get mucked up when members don’t post and adjust/mark their posts according to the rules. The number one culprit is TYPING “[SOLD]” instead of SELECTING “[SOLD]” or “[NLA]” from the DROP DOWN MENU. I think the same applies when sellers don’t mark “[SPF]” posts as “[SOLD]” once the transaction has been completed. If an ad is properly marked via the drop down menu, the system works a lot more efficiently. The archived sales ads are pushed to the back. To search them, move beyond the active ads by going back about 6-8 pages. 

@SteveP-52 You’ve pretty much described how the AGN “Classifieds” are designed to work. They get mucked up when members don’t post and adjust/mark their posts according to the rules. The number one culprit is TYPING “[SOLD]” instead ofSELECTING “[SOLD]” or “[NLA]” from the DROP DOWN MENU. I think the same applies when sellers don’t mark “[SPF]” posts as “[SOLD]” once the transaction has been completed. If an ad is properly marked via the drop down menu, the system works a lot more efficiently. The archived sales ads are pushed to the back. To search them, move beyond the active ads by going back about 6-8 pages. 

Yes, what he said ^^^

This is a simple and a great system, when it's followed.

I suggest striking out price changes so we can see the history of progression.

Another suggestion if for a popup window that reminds one of these simple protocols and that you must "agree" to before making any edits. This will remind those of us who forgot.

If it doesn't sell after that time is up, the ad gets moved to the Archive section. The Classifieds section would get smaller and easier to go through and members could still surf through the Archive any time they wanted.

I like this idea. If not an archive section then at least mark it something like "EXP" for expired so it doesn't show up in current for sale searches.

Yes I see people do this too, with cameras, guns and other collectible goods. I don't understand why either? Perhaps they don't want the archived ads to be setting the price for others or they are embarrassed that they sold something valuable for so little. Or it's just "none of your business" in case the taxman or spouse investigate. Seems silly.
How about we all agree to move the decimal point one digit after the sale? A curious wife would barely pause for thought at seeing a new FX for $150.00, spare mag at $3.50, pellet tin $2.20, etc🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Unsocial