Why do you buy that new gun

I'm one of those guys that is not a collector, or at least not on purpose, lol. Well except for the family heirlooms which will be kept and left to my kids.

I look at some of the guns I have and wonder what I saw in them in the first place, lol, but I got most of them used or in trade. Then they just sit there in the corner or in a dark place. I'll get them out once in a great while and that same old feeling overcomes me that I failed my expectations in what I really wanted instead. I will say that these guns were at least fun try out, thereby assisting my sense of what I like and dislike about each one. 

Glad I was reminded by this thread! I'm putting them up for sale so that someone might appreciate what I can't, can enjoy them. 

For me it ends up being a quest for the "best" which always makes me feel good when I "experience" the awesomeness of a well thought out, reliable, non POI shifting, and accurate gun! 

I'm one of those guys that is not a collector, or at least not on purpose, lol. Well except for the family heirlooms which will be kept and left to my kids.

I look at some of the guns I have and wonder what I saw in them in the first place, lol, but I got most of them used or in trade. Then they just sit there in the corner or in a dark place. I'll get them out once in a great while and that same old feeling overcomes me that I failed my expectations in what I really wanted instead. I will say that these guns were at least fun try out, thereby assisting my sense of what I like and dislike about each one. 

Glad I was reminded by this thread! I'm putting them up for sale so that someone might appreciate what I can't, can enjoy them. 

For me it ends up being a quest for the "best" which always makes me feel good when I "experience" the awesomeness of a well thought out, reliable, non POI shifting, and accurate gun!

Got any Mendoza's??? looking 

Sounds sort of like me...lol. I didn't so much collect as I did acquire rifles and pistols over time and for various reasons. Got upwards of 40 rifles and pistols and decided it was time to downsize and sell some off to people that would put them to better use than I was with them sitting in various corners or back in their boxes. 

When the dust settled, the list below was what I kept and why. Some speak for themselves, some for sentimental reasons and a few bought back because when I sold them, the deal was and always has been if you're not happy, I'll buy it back, no questions asked.

- Beeman R9 .20 - Bought gently used from a fellow forum member
- Beeman Huntington Beach R7 .20 - Anniversary present from my girlfriend
- Weihrauch HW95 .22 - My first HW
- 73 Silver Streak - Won on a Gunbroker auction 
- 3 Webley VMX .20's - 1 fully tuned, 1 Vortex gas rammed by me, 1 bone stock 
- 4 Webley Tomahawks - .177 & 3 .22's - Yeah they're Hatsan 95 springers but way prettier
- Norica Deadeye GRS .22 - Ordered from Spain and might well have the only one in the US since they aren't sold here.
- Hatsan AirTact .25 - I made a deal with HatsanUSA for that new version stock before they were released for sale in the US so I have one of the first.
- Mendoza BlackHawk .22 - Birthday present from the girlfriend.
- Hatsan Galatian III QE .25 - My first PCP
- Hatsan Flashpup .25
- Webley Nemesis .22
- Diana D34 .177 - $75 gun shop find
- Mendoza (Made for Crosman) RM577 .177 w/original peep sight
- Hatsan Model 95, Edge Vortex, Edge Springer, Model 87 QE all in .25
-- Originally sold these and the guys who bought them didn't like having to order pellets so I kept my word and bought them all back no questions asked.

...I do not know...it just happened...😕😬😵

...EDIT : ...and then it didn't...methinks I am having some kind of break down here... 😖

...I bought it because it was cool...LoL...

PY-5051_AirForce-Texan-with-CarbonFiber_1570462248.jpg

...well, I just bought a new gun because it was my old gun and I got it refurbished for $150 less than I paid new...

...it is still a "tan" compact AP16 but I bought it for the same reason I did the first time...it was IN STOCK...LoL...

...this will be the Tent Shot Sparrow and Squirrel Gun...the Beeman P1 really is not quite up to it...

...so, you see, there was a way to rationalize this...

PY-4948_Ataman-AP16-Compact-Air_1567611408.jpg

Well I do have another one on the way...why? Shooting airguns is my chosen hobby, since retiring in '17 and shooting more or less full time, I enjoy trying different platforms calibers and manufacturers and slowly but surely I have determined which ones I want to keep or even duplicate in different calibers or models. I've had no problem selling the ones that didn't tickle my fancy. I've settled in to Taipan, Daystate, and FX...there are other manufacturers out there and as my hobby continues may give them a try, (love the look of the new Kaliberguns)! This is a HOBBY, hobbys are supposed to be fun, so my buying and selling will continue some years more some years less...why...because I enjoy the hobby!

This is funny I almost started the same kind of topic last week.

Personally I don't get the air gun "gotta have the next new thing". I don't think I have to have the next new thing with any new product. Now if you showed me the IH Garand for sale somewhere hang on to my wallet......got that Rhodie FAL parts kit.....hide the check book, SVT 38....smoke off of my shoes to get to it. Airguns on the other hand....just not really there. I have quite a few, over 12, but they are all a little different for the most part. Unless something comes along that really hits me, semi-auto is interesting for example, just not that interesting we will see. This is no different from modern production firearms, if what I have is doing the job, then why get the next plastic fantastic.

I use airguns to make myself become a better firearms shooter, the firearms that I collect are historical in nature and have an historical value to them, very few airguns fall into this category. I do not understand collecting items that lose value.

I have my first airgun in 45 years, a Benjamin Marauder pistol, coming in today. Reading around and watching videos, I'm sorely tempted to also get a .177 for smaller pests and possibly even quieter kills. Then there are endless videos out there showing people shooting very accurately out to 100 yards, which sounds beyond my incoming carbine. So there are already two things that somewhat rationalize a new purchase before I've even gotten my first one! I can see how this can spiral out of control quickly ...

But first I just want to learn how to shoot this one. Easy, boy, take deep breaths .... you don't have to buy everything just because you get all excited ...

I am with you feeling like a kid at Xmas when a new gun comes in, then get excited setting up new scope and going through the zeroing process. But for me I am sure I should spend more time working on my shooting abilities / learning to use Mil dots better and understanding the skill of shooting in all weather and wind. But I spend more time watching reviews of the new gun coming out and I am sure that is the one that will make me shoot like all the long range boys i watch in the videos. I think I might be addicted is the real problem.

I want to see what all the HYPE is about and to see and feel if it's true. As in...German airguns. Weirach,Diana,Feinwerkbau,and RWS. What r the,if any,the mechanical or machining differences and tolerances allowed between the 3 of 4 mentioned.How about British makes like BSA, Air Arms Brocock& DayState. My #1 on my wish list(I'm holding out too!,I may really be able to get 1 with-in a year) is a Weirach 95. I want to find that,(Yea,they got it right with the wrist to trigger ergonomics and they stipled it along with an ample aggressive stipling on the forestock with classic lines that can handle the power-plant. Who knows? I may find it in Spain by Mendoza.Time Marches On.by Tracy Lawrence