• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

WHY do "they" continually do this to us?!?

I think a lot of online shops were unprepared for the combined rush of orders and slow down of supply chains due to all the corona virus bs. I’ve changed the way I order. I call them directly now if I really want something right away. At least this way I can confirm items I want are actually available and not waste my time placing an order only to find out days later that I will not be receiving it.

Everyone should be updating their online stores to better indicate when an item is in stock or not. As a customer it really is annoying placing an online order when there is no indication that what you are buying is actually not in stock. It creates an expectation and wastes the customer’s time. I would rather see an “add to cart” button turn into a preorder button that gives me the option to purchase and wait or look elsewhere. A little disclaimer saying the item is back ordered or out of stuck goes a long way as well.

Bottom line is the decision to wait for something should be on the customer to make up front, not after the fact. Oh and the date estimates are pretty useless and also very annoying when they keep shifting constantly. If I were PA I get rid of that right away.

I’m only posting this hoping shops will read it and maybe get a better idea of the customer experience. I’ve already adapted to online shopping in the time of corona virus by calling ahead for my orders, but I’m sure the shops don’t want their phone lines tied up and backlogged with customers either. That’s a waste of manpower and defeats the purpose of having an online store.

Trenier is the best. Their ordering page is updated in real time. You can see how many tins they have available if you try to order more than they have in stock. For example, if you want to order 24 tins but only 17 are in stock, the website will tell you this information and you can order 17 tins without worry. The prices are better too without any buy 4 get the 5th free gimmics.

Trenier is the best. Their ordering page is updated in real time. You can see how many tins they have available if you try to order more than they have in stock. For example, if you want to order 24 tins but only 17 are in stock, the website will tell you this information and you can order 17 tins without worry. The prices are better too without any buy 4 get the 5th free gimmics.

This is really the place to go. Almost everytime I order from Trenier I get a shipping notice in under a day. Stock is accurate - and Jeff is a small business but he does an amazing job. Sometimes I only wish he would be able to get some of the newer models sooner, but I also get that he cant afford to rotate stock so quickly.

I think a lot of online shops were unprepared for the combined rush of orders and slow down of supply chains due to all the corona virus bs. I’ve changed the way I order. I call them directly now if I really want something right away. At least this way I can confirm items I want are actually available and not waste my time placing an order only to find out days later that I will not be receiving it.

Everyone should be updating their online stores to better indicate when an item is in stock or not. As a customer it really is annoying placing an online order when there is no indication that what you are buying is actually not in stock. It creates an expectation and wastes the customer’s time. I would rather see an “add to cart” button turn into a preorder button that gives me the option to purchase and wait or look elsewhere. A little disclaimer saying the item is back ordered or out of stuck goes a long way as well.

Bottom line is the decision to wait for something should be on the customer to make up front, not after the fact. Oh and the date estimates are pretty useless and also very annoying when they keep shifting constantly. If I were PA I get rid of that right away.

I’m only posting this hoping shops will read it and maybe get a better idea of the customer experience. I’ve already adapted to online shopping in the time of corona virus by calling ahead for my orders, but I’m sure the shops don’t want their phone lines tied up and backlogged with customers either. That’s a waste of manpower and defeats the purpose of having an online store.

Yup, I agree. I ran into that very problem with PA, when I ordered that Diana pistol I got. I finally got it, and they were good about e-mailing me updates, but I was kinda annoyed that it took almost four weeks to get it shipped. Oh well, I supposed they did their best.

Yup, I agree. I ran into that very problem with PA, when I ordered that Diana pistol I got. I finally got it, and they were good about e-mailing me updates, but I was kinda annoyed that it took almost four weeks to get it shipped. Oh well, I supposed they did their best.

I did as well, with a gun that I thought was in stock at the time I purchased. After 6 weeks of waiting and constantly shifting dates I gave up and cancelled the order, partly because I had other items in it that I needed as someone new to the sport but also because I found a couple airguns elsewhere I could purchase immediately. I don’t blame PA for anything. Their system works much better when supplies are constantly flowing and delays are more in the range of days to a couple weeks but that is not the case these days. I’ve ordered multiple times without issue from them since, just more carefully 😁 

I have to say this whole COVID thing has had me looking at the classifieds for used a lot more. There are many deals to be had and most people are open to friendly negotiation and who knows - a trade might come out of it that benefits both of you. I just bought a really nice scope used and happened to throw out a thought for something I had and we ended working a nice trade deal + cash.

I'm willing to wait for a custom gun, but for production models there are just so many options out there. 

AoA just did the same thing to me. Ordered the Wilkins pellet pouch. They had no problem accepting my money. After a few days with no shipping info I emailed them. "You should have received an email that this item is on back order". Yes I should have but I didn't! How about updating the website. Oh I get it... your customers would go somewhere else if you don't have it in stock.

Don't think I will be so foolish the next time I order.

Exactly why I will never do business with AD or PA. No excuse as to why your computer systems are not accurate up to the second. Bought a gun from one of those two it was in stock when I hit the buy button, the next day it was back ordered. Weeks later I cancelled, purchased elsewhere and needless to say they will never get any of my money again. Piss poor customer service. You either have them or ya don't not to complicated.

Then there’s the vendors that list an item and say “last one!”.

i ordered a power plenum for my non PP MK2 Impact. No one has it but one guy, says “only one left” so I buy it.

nect day I go on that guy’s website and look at the PP, thinking I’d see “sold out” or “back ordered”, but instead I see “ only two left”.

I guess by spoon feeding your inventory it guarantees you’re the only one in town that “has it all”, at all times, lol

... or the vendor who will not be named that sells you a $200.00 LW barrel on Friday ...

... can't be arsed to get it in the mail by the following Tuesday when you start to complain ...

... and then starts bouncing your emails because, "They have TOLD YOU what they can do."...

...then finally manages to get it into the mail the following Thursday...

...shipped free by slow boat to China, when you paid for a three day turn around...

...Shipping then takes additional ten days...

...You get what you ask for, I suppose, I asked for it...

...Yeah, I'm going to do business with them again...

.|..when hell freezes over..|.

...and I am pretty sure hell does not freeze over in Fort Worth...