Why do most new flagship PCPs from various manufacturers look FX Impact-alike?

I am really split between getting a Bullpub style or a more traditional style.
The Prophet II has many features. Study built as I understand and accurate, powerfull but not so nice looking.
The Daystate WOlverine Forester is a gracefull looking rifle. Made well by the best, but lack options.
BZ6BAdvl.gif

uUF7Ikdl.png
I see your point. The lacking options is partly due to the form factor of the more traditional rifle. Not many places to attach to and to tinker with.

I think you are mistaken here. They do not look like an impact or trying to copy the impact looks. I think you meant to say, why are some high end airgun look like an AR15. Lots of airgunner like the tactical look of the AR. The AR15 is the most sought rifle out there. So making an airgun look like an tactical AR15 is gonna sell. That is why the impact and lots of guns look similar.
Before the FX Impact came out, I did not see any AR-style mainstream airguns. I am not saying that the Impact was revolutionary as far "inventing" the AR-style look...but it certainly invented the AR-style look in the airgun world...and others been "adopting" this look ever since for their flagship product.

Before the FX Impact came out, I did not see any AR-style mainstream airguns. I am not saying that the Impact was revolutionary as far "inventing" the AR-style look...but it certainly invented the AR-style look in the airgun world...and others been "adopting" this look ever since for their flagship product.
Again very, very few that actually copied the Impact you just make it sound everyone is going in that direction......Edgun ? Nope. Kalibur ? Nope. AGT ? Nope. Air arms ? Nope. Ataman ? Nope. Zebroia ? Nope. American Air Arms ? Nope. Taipan ? Nope. Airforce ? Nope. RAW ? Nope. BSA ? nope. Gamo? nope. Evanix ? nope, Brocok ? nope, Kral ? nope. Benjamin ? nope. HW ? nope. Seneca ? nope. Umarex ? nope. JTS ? nope. Walther ? nope
And I'm sure I can pull up more ;)

Again very, very few that actually copied the Impact you just make it sound everyone is going in that direction......Edgun ? Nope. Kalibur ? Nope. AGT ? Nope. Air arms ? Nope. Ataman ? Nope. Zebroia ? Nope. American Air Arms ? Nope. Taipan ? Nope. Airforce ? Nope. RAW ? Nope. BSA ? nope. Gamo? nope. Evanix ? nope, Brocok ? nope, Kral ? nope. Benjamin ? nope. HW ? nope. Seneca ? nope. Umarex ? nope. JTS ? nope. Walther ? nope
And I'm sure I can pull up more ;)
Please update your knowledge:
KalibrGun Cricket 2 Tactical: Yes
Brocock Ghost : Yes
Evanix Cloud Ultra: Yes

1667137906220.png

1667137770394.png

1667138297953.png

Please update your knowledge:
KalibrGun Cricket 2 Tactical: Yes
Brocock Ghost : Yes
Evanix Cloud Ultra: Yes

View attachment 301370

View attachment 301369
View attachment 301374
Then Everything can be said to look like an Impact,....The Evanix Cloud was in development before the Impact just to update your knowlwdge,
The Cricket is just a Tactical Pup with a bottle hardly looks like an Impact, completely different basic design.

Even so we are very, very far away from "Most Manufacturers are making their Flagship model copying the Impact " .......very far away

Last edited:
Then Everything can be said to look like an Impact,....The Evanix Cloud was in development before the Impact just to update your knowlwdge,
The Cricket is just a Tactical Pup with a bottle hardly looks like an Impact, completely different basic design.

Even so we are very, very far away from "Most Manufacturers are making their Flagship model copying the Impact " .......very far away
So you are stating that the KalibrGun Cricket 2 Tactical does not look anything like the FX Impact (because of the two wooden grips)? But at the same time you are implying that FX copied the the Evanix Cloud Ultra? The FX Impact came to production in 2015 while the Evanix Cloud was first posted in a 3D drawing concept on the Evanix Facebook page in Nov 2016 and into production only in 2020. Do you have any more inside knowledge that you would like to pass on to this forum?

Reactions: L.Leon
So you are stating that the KalibrGun Cricket 2 Tactical does not look anything like the FX Impact, but you are implying that FX copied the the Evanix Cloud Ultra? The FX Impact came to production in 2015 while the Evanix Cloud was first posted in a 3D drawing concept on the Evanix Facebook page in Nov 2016 and into production only in 2020. Do you have any more inside knowledge that you would like to pass on to this forum?
The Cricket has a completely different design then the Impact, if you cannot see that then I cannot help you.

The Cloud was initially a sidelever and not a Semi, I was comunicating and seing designs ( originally was a tube gun ) of it with Mr Lee way before then.

Reactions: Pale_Rider
The Cricket has a completely different design then the Impact, if you cannot see that then I cannot help you.

The Cloud was initially a sidelever and not a Semi, I was comunicating and seing designs ( originally was a tube gun ) of it with Mr Lee way before then.
You should have advised Mr. Lee to keep his original Evanix Cloud design from before 2015(?), so his Nov 2016 design won't look like the FX Impact.

On second look, you are right, the KalibrGun Cricket 2 Tactical DOES NOT look at all like the FX Impact!

1667150524303.png

1667150710431.png

1667151098173.png

Last edited:
So…….are we a bunch of old farts arguing about your gun looks like mine just like little girls in middle school? LMAO!!!

Bullpups with AR furniture can only be so different no matter how anyone tries. What counts is what’s inside, how many has externally adjustable reg? Dual regs? Changeable barrel and caliber? Huge mags? Repeatable power adjustment, ability to adjust valve dwell, easily changed hammer weight, adjustable from 12 FPE to 150 FPE……..not many I’m afraid.

Last edited:
So…….are we a bunch of old farts arguing about your gun looks like mine just like little girls in middle school? LMAO!!!
I agree, this conversation has developed into a ridiculous show-off, and patchworking of pride. Differing opinions delivered in a civilized manner are welcomed and encouraged...but smug conceited arrogance is met with equally primitive petulant response (from me).

Reactions: qball
So you are stating that the KalibrGun Cricket 2 Tactical does not look anything like the FX Impact (because of the two wooden grips)? But at the same time you are implying that FX copied the the Evanix Cloud Ultra? The FX Impact came to production in 2015 while the Evanix Cloud was first posted in a 3D drawing concept on the Evanix Facebook page in Nov 2016 and into production only in 2020. Do you have any more inside knowledge that you would like to pass on to this forum?
I used to have Tactical Bullpups ways before FX even considered making Pups ( by the way who remembers when Frederik was adamant he would never make a bullpup ? ) ....so there was tactical Pups out there way before FX came along.

Yep I agree it's like that new BRK Ghost looks just like an FX to me. People will say oh it has this and it has that whatever they copied FX.

I have noticed car and truck manufacturers do the same thing. They all copy from each other.
Yup that Ghost is definitely influenced so are a couple others but that is far from " MOST "