Why do I dump time into cheap rifles?

I still don't know why I don't just buy a tier one rifle from the get go instead of having a bunch of entry and mid level ones that I dump time and money into. One day I will get my veteran. Anyone else do this dumb crap?
IMG_0330.1614299141.jpg

It’s better to learn on a crapper than wreck a really good gun when you’re green. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen WTB, I need, or does anybody have topics on a couple Taipan parts. The parts they needed were the clue to what video the watched or info they gathered. Problem is their lack of skills screwed them on a gun that parts aren’t easy to get. Most of us cut our teeth on cheap guns.

Guilty as charged. I do it even after I bought my Impact and SK-19. I put over $1000 into $60 2240 and many in the $500 range most of which were stolen though. Still it is a favorite pastime to make cheap guns look and shoot way over their price range. Doubt this part of the addiction will ever go away as there are always new parts coming out to werq with.

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/the-true-cost-of-my-60-crosman-2240/?referrer=1

Avenger in 22. I carved the stock from a boyd's blank with crap tools lol. It is far from perfect but it feels a ton better than that flimsy cheap plastic stock that it came with

It looks fantastic! Ask any machinist or woodworker to show you their work and they'll tell you a little about it and then point out every little flaw that practically no one else will ever notice.

i've got a lot of dollars i do not wish to look up in a 1377 and airforce build. modifying something to fit what i want has been a lot of fun.

the real benefit for me is learning how to work on things without as much frustration at cost. i had a huben for a while, but was uncomfortable fixing or working on it. i got rid of it to go back to the simple guns. i did not grow up using tools or using my hands much, and feel like i just got comfortable working on the crosman and airforces after tinkering with stuff the past few years.

You should like what you got first,then fix it up and like it even better.

Sometimes when a new cheaper PCP comes out people rave about,you get hooked into thinking you need it,.then you get it.....and then you realize it Ain't what you were expecting!! You are not the only one ,you read what other people did to fix the cheap PCP.....your hooked again, like hey I already have it,why not make it better......yea I do it all the time...

My latest problem child is the PP750.....trash mags and trigger and so on,BUTTT !@! It has sooo much potential,,,,,

That Brand needs better quality control,Wait a minute, you are the quality control.......

For sure most the times it is fun,and keeping the cost down becomes another hobby.

First sentence,sometimes it is better to get rid of the problem rather than trying to fix,,,,it ain't about money so much, it is about Time needed to fix problems.Ain't like a marriage,some things are not worth fixing........uh....