Why Did You Join AGN?

I joined AGN and GTA around the same time when I got back into airguns. I wanted to learn what was out there and got sucked in big time.
Have to admit the first few weeks I felt like I was reading Greek and the learning curve was steep. Now I know a lot more and enjoy airgunning as a hobby. I just wish I had more machining experience as I like to do more modifications, but still enjoy learning vicariously.

Although I don't hunt I also enjoy reading about other's camping/hunting trips and seeing a more practical application of the hobby other than punching holes in paper.

I had joined GTA and the yellow forums back in 2013 as my main information centers when I first got more serious into PCP Airguns, before that I was on the once very active Crosman forums daily, making my own custom builds with 1322s, 2240s, and the Discovery into nice HPA setups. Also was a frequent member of the Talon Tunes forum, mainly for my AirForce builds.

I believe I joined AGN itself back in 2015 purely for the "extra" classifieds section to post in, this was back when the yellow forums were still very alive. I did a lot of selling/trading back then! I've seen a lot of stuff come and go in these past 10 years, sadly many skilled custom gun builders/modders, but I am glad the industry is still very much alive.

If I remember (barely) AGN was very different then and much smaller. Glad to see how it has grown when I came back to rejoin the hobby full time just a few months ago!

Reactions: SHOMER and tibor
Was on the yellow forum for years!!! Was very sad after it died. I had over 40 springers at one time!!! Some very rare. Sold them all after getting bitten by the metal detecting bug and I lost my place to shoot. Now today a shooting range open up 15 min from my house member ship is cheap for the year. I still metal detect but shoot a lot more now. I have 10 PCP rifles right now looking for 2 more. Might trade for another one here and there like did with my springers.....like to get one springer.....🤔🤔🤔🤔

The Yellow was slowly becoming irrelevant, GTA was strong, very strong then Airgun Nation opened up so I joined since it really showed potential.
To bad that looks like GTA is slowly dieing, it's good to have options but looks like not to long in the future AirgunNation will be the only one standing,.....love to go read the very old threads on the archives on GTA, what a different airgunning world it was.

Reactions: tibor
Because I like reading/talking about airguns but even more so shooting them. Was a member of the old yellow forum forum back in late 90s until it became AGW and now its basically a dead forum. Also was a member of the Fun Supply forum until it was no more.
This is the best forum on the net right now, a lot of very knowledgeable people who dont mind helping others.. GTA forum is slowly dying it seems also hardly any posts anymore.

Reactions: EdinGa
@Gunnertrones Wow. All this time I thought you were in the States.
Sometimes I wish I were, but for the most I like it here in the north.

2AD36232-8948-41E6-9F50-D8DCAF29BC78.jpeg

I joined for the the fellowship, and to learn/pass on info about shooting and marksmanship. Not to mention I have NEVER owned an air rifle since my 760 Pumpmaster days as a kid. I have learned so much about PCP rifles in like the past 3 years. Also, nobody near me is into air guns so I do a LOT of shooting by myself....sad life right? Lol.

Wanted to acquaint myself with fireamrs over the years but never did...am 56 y/o

when doing some research once again I diverted myself toward air guns...

as a kid used to shoot some bow n arrow and the few times a friend had a pellet gun I seemed to aim ok...

now I dove in and bought an Avenger Bullpup and am awaiting its arrival

eventually itd be nice to bag a turkey

this place looks/seems cool. lotsa info. hope to learn, maybe meet up with some peeps to shoot.

Wanted to acquaint myself with fireamrs over the years but never did...am 56 y/o

when doing some research once again I diverted myself toward air guns...

as a kid used to shoot some bow n arrow and the few times a friend had a pellet gun I seemed to aim ok...

now I dove in and bought an Avenger Bullpup and am awaiting its arrival

eventually itd be nice to bag a turkey

this place looks/seems cool. lotsa info. hope to learn, maybe meet up with some peeps to shoot.
@Losmeister How will you fill and top off your Avenger?