• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why Did You Join AGN?

erm... i honestly dont understand the question... :-0
@Losmeitser An Air Venturi Avenger is a pre charged pneumatic air rifle (aka a PCP). It requires a certain amount of high pressure compressed air to be transferred to the reservoir so that it can be shot effectively (usually effective fill pressures start around 3000 psi). A certain level of high pressure air must be maintained within the reservoir in order to use the gun effectively. How do you intend to fill the gun’s reservoir once the air pressure drops beyond the recommended level (let’s say 1900-2000 psi) after shooting through a couple of magazines worth of pellets ?

Another who felt the times of old on the GTA had / was fading away at an accelerated speed. The years of having a really solid think tank of air gun enthusiasts which was my draw from the start, really had evaporated. That's not saying that level of sharing & development is happening here :confused: but there is more going on within AGN than the GTA in recent years. Stuck in a time warp I suppose and miss the past .....
Not to sound like a snob, it is just a very large part of my personality to "Think" about what's possible & go figure it out with others by doing the R&D for a way to make it happen and share that journey & its results.

Last edited:
@Losmeitser An Air Venturi Avenger is a pre charged pneumatic air rifle (aka a PCP). It requires a certain amount of high pressure compressed air to be transferred to the reservoir so that it can be shot effectively (usually effective fill pressures start around 3000 psi). A certain level of high pressure air must be maintained within the reservoir in order to use the gun effectively. How do you intend to fill the gun’s reservoir once the air pressure drops beyond the recommended level (let’s say 1900-2000 psi) after shooting through a couple of magazines worth of pellets ?
such a straightforward question yet... my mind went to " Is he asking what kind of accessories I might add? Scope? MOderator? Bipod? " And I doubted THAT was correct.

DUH! THE AIR! thanks for the patient explanation w/o condenscenion ( tho i likely deserved it!) smfh

while a compressor seems the easiest solution i went with a hand pump. Air Venturi G9 Hand Pump, 4500 PSI
I dont foresee using this frequently enough to need the convenience of a compressor or tank.....

Reactions: Ezana4CE
To bad that looks like GTA is slowly dieing, it's good to have options but looks like not to long in the future AirgunNation will be the only one standing,.....love to go read the very old threads on the archives on GTA, what a different airgunning world it was.
Gene was the whole reason why I joined any airgun forum. Him and Charliedatuna didn't jerk people around for asking stupid questions. They were just blunt and to the point. After Gene passed, and subsequently GTA to people not really worthy, I saw the writing on the wall and joined here. Hence the 5 years of membership before my first post here.
GTA is now on limited life support, no matter what the diehards may say.

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
Gene was the whole reason why I joined any airgun forum. Him and Charliedatuna didn't jerk people around for asking stupid questions. They were just blunt and to the point. After Gene passed, and subsequently GTA to people not really worthy, I saw the writing on the wall and joined here. Hence the 5 years of membership before my first post here.
GTA is now on limited life support, no matter what the diehards may say.
Ahhhhh the old days at GTA,...I sure miss them such a different world.

Recovering as former powder burner I quite by accident discovered this wonderful PCP realm. Where one could exercise and experience the simple pursuit of HAPPINESS without leaving their home. But a replacement community of like minded folks was still needed to share this new found passion with. First stumbling like some upon the classified, I've come to a much deeper appreciation of the vast priceless first hand knowledge that abounds here. :cool:

Simple question. For me there is not much to it. I bought a Bulldog from Airgun Depot. It was my first PCP. I bought it in a package deal and a few items in the package were out of stock. In trying to replace an item the sales reps was kinda talking over my head. I guess it was obvious that I didn’t know much. Somewhere in the conversation she mentioned Airgun Nation. One day I looked up the site, perused the threads, and after a while I decided to join. I’ve pretty much been here ever since. How about you?
To learn what the hell i had gotten into

I've shot powder-burning rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc. my entire life hunting, target shooting, etc. I started to get extremely attracted to PCP from looking into a very quiet squirrel pellet gun to not disturb deer and other wildlife in the area where family friends hunt and live. I got an inexpensive Flashpup QE not knowing much about it and was surprised by the power. The power of that .25 pellet dominates squirrels.

Now I'm starting to dive deep into PCP and looking at getting some higher end air rifles and equipment. AGN seems to be the best place for information. I've been quietly skimming the forums for awhile now to soak in some info before starting to post, but I'm going to start doing that now. It's been many years since I've participated in any forum, so it's a little awkward for me on top of knowing very little about air guns ;).

Reactions: Losmeister
I've shot powder-burning rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc. my entire life hunting, target shooting, etc. I started to get extremely attracted to PCP from looking into a very quiet squirrel pellet gun to not disturb deer and other wildlife in the area where family friends hunt and live. I got an inexpensive Flashpup QE not knowing much about it and was surprised by the power. The power of that .25 pellet dominates squirrels.

Now I'm starting to dive deep into PCP and looking at getting some higher end air rifles and equipment. AGN seems to be the best place for information. I've been quietly skimming the forums for awhile now to soak in some info before starting to post, but I'm going to start doing that now. It's been many years since I've participated in any forum, so it's a little awkward for me on top of knowing very little about air guns ;).
If any of your hesitation about the VIBE here... don't people here are super friendly and nice... I just showed up yesterday and...
very respectful place... and I am new to marksmmanship, powder or PCP... very welcoming.

Reactions: JayWill
Yeah, I do think the vibe is great. I've just got about 100 questions that I'm trying to not just vomit onto the forums without looking at existing resources.

One of my hopes also with AGN is to also see if there are any folks or activities near where I live to get involved in. Like many other hobbies, this is the type of thing where there's a lot to learn from others.