• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why Did You Join AGN?

At the time GTA was where all the knowledge was. AGN was a bolt on crowd. I was into major reconstruction of PCP’s so I favored GTA. But then I noticed a migration taking place. This place is getting better because of the migration of true knowledge. The only turn off in my early days was the second someone said something bad about a FX, I swear a bunch of members had alarms on their computers that would go off and they would swoop in. When Rallyshark Nervoustrig, Jarmstrong, Knife, Motörhead and others started venturing this way, I pretty much planted my feet here and started sharing. I was very private at first and only shared builds on GTA. Overall this is a pretty good forum even though we lost some dudes. The type of dudes that if you are having an issue, you pray they respond.

Had been on another forum since the James Kitching days and thoroughly enjoyed it until it started going downhill. Was on yet another from the very start but with 100 different subforums, it just wasnt too enjoyable to navigate. Will still lurk on both, however. Saw several other forums die or significantly slow down with the new software including one that I owned for a while.

Had either registered here or lurked for a while when the other owner had it, but didnt post much. Rejoined and have made it my home here ever since. There are personalities, but I like the general friendly nature here.
O ya fun supply that wasssss the good old day and you could talk about FWB friends with" say what"

Reactions: Rob_in_NC
At the time GTA was where all the knowledge was. AGN was a bolt on crowd. I was into major reconstruction of PCP’s so I favored GTA. But then I noticed a migration taking place. This place is getting better because of the migration of true knowledge. The only turn off in my early days was the second someone said something bad about a FX, I swear a bunch of members had alarms on their computers that would go off and they would swoop in. When Rallyshark Nervoustrig, Jarmstrong, Knife, Motörhead and others started venturing this way, I pretty much planted my feet here and started sharing. I was very private at first and only shared builds on GTA. Overall this is a pretty good forum even though we lost some dudes. The type of dudes that if you are having an issue, you pray they respond.
GTA isn't as social as AGN. You can't even click a like, and show some appreciation for something you like. Shoot, I've visited an AGN member while on vacation, and had a great time and experienced some nice guns.

I guess I've been around too long. It all started when I joined the Airgun Letter BBS and have followed a natural progression from there to the Yellow Forum and now GTA and Airgun Nation. I hope to stick around for a few more years as there are some great people who share their knowledge on both forums and some great ones have left or passed on.

I was 10 years into PCP air gunning with my FX Cyclone when i joined here, so i was looking for more info on what to look at getting a new rifle.

#1 lesson was regulators.

Now i did not take very long deciding, and even experts i can only take om board as " somewhat" experts, so no matter what i do i am always on thin ice.
Anyway went and got my Maverick as one of the first when those came out / to Denmark, and after 3-4 shootings where the MRD pellets flew just fine, well i got my Chrono and found out the MRD pellets was flying at 580 FPS as i recall, not super exiting when its a FAC rifle i have.

So i hit the knobs and dials to get things to fly faster, and they also did, but then the MRD pellets and all other pellets changed from working & really good to utter garbage all of it, well aside for the Beasts those i could shoot fast and like lasers.
And so my adventure with the Maverick took a 180 turn and onto the roof heading for a ditch, and only when i many months later got hold of a new barrel 700 mm instead of 600 mm did things change. no idea WTH is wrong with that 600 mm barrel, but some day when i find a sufficient violent enough way to destroy it, i will feel immense joy. CUZ there was much grief for may months with that 600 mm barrel.

Still not a FX fan boy even if i primary shoot my Maverick, but they have to put the big thinking hat on and bring something new before i go there again.
And what they have made since the maverick / impact days, well i do not consider new very much, other looks but that's also it for me.

It is also nice to be among like-minded people, i do that much better online as my filter are stronger here than it is IRL, where i am lightning fast to find things about people that annoy me, and often so much or things i can not distract from.

I do not frequent any Danish language,,,,,, forum / whatever, me and the other 6 mill people very often do not see eye to eye on things.

It is also nice to be among like-minded people, i do that much better online as my filter are stronger here than it is IRL, where i am lightning fast to find things about people that annoy me, and often so much or things i can not distract from.
A brother from another mother...! We must be related. This just described me perfectly. :ROFLMAO:

After 20 years of doing firearm gunsmithing for a living, I decided the time was right to sell the business and retire. I do all my own work, and although some of my firearm knowledge can also apply to airguns, there's much I still need to learn about the airgun specific stuff. Needless to say, springers are their own kind of animal to shoot and maintain.

There's a huge base of knowledge here, so I'm here to learn, and to also contribute If I can. I've been shooting airguns since I was a kid, but about two years ago I decided to "get serious" and buy my first high-end airguns. Bought a .22 HW98 and an HW75 and my descent down the pricier quality airgun rabbit hole had begun.

There's also a lot of good historical information here on older airguns, which I find fascinating. Plenty of great pictures of other's guns and collections are icing on the cake. With the guidance of some members here, I was able to find the resources needed to successfully re-seal my Diana 75. No simple job.

I've been an avid shooter and hunter for many years. Black powder, centerfire, bow, shotguns, pistols.............
My only air rifle was one of those cheap springers years ago. Saw a couple of video's on YT and was astounded by new tech.
Did a Google search, ended up here, never left.
Thanks to all you evil people here teaching me new things I've spent a small fortune now..........lol

Reactions: WorriedMan
Simple question. For me there is not much to it. I bought a Bulldog from Airgun Depot. It was my first PCP. I bought it in a package deal and a few items in the package were out of stock. In trying to replace an item the sales reps was kinda talking over my head. I guess it was obvious that I didn’t know much. Somewhere in the conversation she mentioned Airgun Nation. One day I looked up the site, perused the threads, and after a while I decided to join. I’ve pretty much been here ever since. How about you?
I joined for information.