• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why did you choose you forum tag?

Back 20 years ago I moved to the city. I had always been in rural areas where hunting and shooting were convenient. When I moved here I would try to drive out to go shooting but could never find a safe environment because people driving 4 wheelers and dirt bikes cross country. So I went to a local public rifle range. There I saw other ranges where there were no people. I ask "how can I shoot on those ranges" I found out if I shot in the competitive events I could get certified or okayed to use those ranges. I shot cowboy action for awhile and they required an alias name. I hate stuff like that. One of the guys I shoot with says call yourself sparky since you are a electrician. so I sent in the name ol sparky. My registration came back old sparky and have been using it since.

Back in my 30s I was a long distance runner living near the Great Lakes. I ran in shorts, shoes, and gloves only, no shirt, even during the winter. So, my friends and coworkers tagged me with the name Iceman, because they thought I was impervious to the cold. The name stuck, even though I returned to my home state of North Carolina twelve years ago.

SqrlHntr (Aergunnus Venator Sciurus)

Scope wheel emblems, tail over the body has significance, relates to an inscription from a piece of artwork. See link for more. Just wrote this up the other day on squirrels, guess its now dual use.

Long ago I once posted a photo of my Llewellin Setter, Mack, on a hunting BB. Someone commented "that's one regal begal". So the name stuck and was eventually shortened to "Reeg".

WoodcockPoint_MR.jpg

Reactions: Hal4son
I have used a range of tags over my time on the internet, these days i tend to choose something a little relevant.
If there are nothing to relate to, say for instance a name to play some game with ( i have not gamed in 15 years due to games going bad in my book at least )
Well then i try to pick something funny, as i recall my last gamer handle was Gumbo, even if i have never tasted this southern dish.

My avatar both here and on the dashcam forum, well it give away my real name.

Ezana was a king and an emperor of Axum (aka Aksum). The Axumite kingdom later grew into an empire and spanned portions of modern day Ethiopia, Eritrea, Djibouti, and the Saudi peninsula. Axum remained a viable entity from the 1st to the 6th centuries of the Common Era (or Anno Domini in Latin). There’s still a town called Axum in northern Ethiopia and some beatiful architectural ruins and temples remain visible in the region, more specifically in Lalibela. I admire the culture.

To my understating Ezana was born and ruled in the 4th century of the Common Era, hence “4CE.” I’ve read some writers compare Ezana to emperor Constantine. His story as a ruler left an indelible mark on my mind and I really like the name and its uniqueness. I chose it as a screen name somewhat randomly.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldSpook