• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why did JSB do this?

The numbers are affixed to the back of the JSB cans and each digit reads as follows.
If the type number has changed, the adjustment may need to be redone.

57 = type number: most important
91 = Personal number of the person responsible for production
00 = Personal number of the quality manager
20 = Year of manufacture 2020

Reactions: Pea-shooter O.G.
I’ve got 2 different JSB 25 grains. You can tell by the skirt width that they changed it…but why? I believe the one on the right is the newer design.
View attachment 207984
Here's the three types of 25.39 redesigned monsters I have . The top one is from 2019 and then the middle and the bottom is current 2023. All fly different and the top ones shot the best.
20221225_075912_Burst01_(1).jpg

The numbers are affixed to the back of the JSB cans and each digit reads as follows.
If the type number has changed, the adjustment may need to be redone.

57 = type number: most important
91 = Personal number of the person responsible for production
00 = Personal number of the quality manager
20 = Year of manufacture 2020
These numbers are no longer on the bottom of JSB tins. When you order tins now, you have no idea as to batch, die, date or whatever. It's a pain and gamble try to get a consistent batch without that information.

When you have been around shooting pellets as long as I have, this happens every few years, has been and will continue to be done. Tooling is replaced, upgraded, lead material changes, wants and needs change. Nothing new here, can be discouraging at times, but then again, if your a competitor and find an advantage before your competition....thats part of the game !!