• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why did I wait so long...?

Ever since I bought my .22 Impact M3 with the 800mm slug liner and tensioner kit I have struggled to be consistant with it. The only real exception was with the JSB Beasts. MOA at 50 yards and .700"-.800" ish at 88 yards. Pushing them at 990-995fps. They are my goto for groundhog and raccoons. I've been shooting NSA 28.5 and 31.2 grains cause that's what I have. I have been plagued by flyers and the need to shoot twice before I could expect grouping. The 1rst regulator was set at 180 bar and would creep to 210 bar. The second regulator was set at 156 bar and would creep to 164 bar. They both were not very consistent even while shooting groups. I finally decided to rebuild both regulators and see if that would help. After watching all of Ernests videos and several from other folks I dove in! I polished the plunger(?)and brass adjuster mating surfaces down to 8000 grit with the 3M polishing cloths. I polished the belville washers, the plunger shafts and all other pertinent areas as I was able. Put it all back together, set the regulators at 175/147 bar, put the scope back on checked zero, which took 2 shots to settle in and proceeded to shoot 18 slugs to see how things would settle in. I shot a few walked around like I do when hunting, took shots from different positions and distances. Dope was off a bit due to the lower 2nd reg setting but so far looks good. I refilled to 235 bar as that's what's in my tank and now after sitting for 3 hrs or so my first regular is at 180 bar and the second is at 151bar. I hope this is where they've settled at. Over the next week I'll work on my tune and hope for the best.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
I was also working a litlle with getting the regs stable on both my M3's, even tried the Huma, but after a proper polish of the piston and screw I got the original very consistens in their reg pressure, the only thing that will affect the reg pressure is temperature change, and in the beginning I degassed to adjust the pressure down, but for the last 8-9 month I've turned it both up and down while under pressure on both guns with no problems at all, but when I turn down the pressure its always less than 1/8 of a turn on the reg screw, but I guess if I go 1 turn or more I'll run into leak problems, so I always dry fire a few shots and check the pressure beforea hunt, and I've not changed the tune on the M3 .22 sniper that I use with KO slugs going 990 fps in the same hole at 32m, and when there is no wind its good for taking down birds at 200m 😉

Reactions: Dannyg