Airforce Why buy Airforce instead other PCP brands

You're also likely to have support for the Air Force 5 years down the road, whereas that is highly unlikely for anything that is a rebranded Chinese product. At least basing that on the vast majority of Chinese rebadged stuff seen in our industry in the last 8-10years.
I failed to mention that and that Airforce has a lifetime warranty on their guns.

A Benjamin Marauder or Air Force, made and supported in America. Support and parts a phone call away. Just as much if not more power and accuracy. Old designs are good designs that have stood the test of time. Enthusiast boards like these are always going to glom onto the newest as being bestest and then two months later it is up for sale and on to the next newest and greatest China rifle.

ECE574AD-3593-4272-B6A3-7E544599DE4E.jpeg

I have several Airforce airguns. .457 Texan, Condor in .22 and .25 and this .25 TalonP I bought for my wife.
The TalonP has turned out to be one of the handiest airguns I’ve ever owned. It is lightweight, powerful, and rugged. It’s not made to be a paper puncher. It doesn’t have a huge shot count, it’s not a multi-shot airgun. It has everything I usually need and nothing I don’t. This is what we grab when there’s a raccoon in the trash at night or a poisonous snake around the house, or when I just want something compact and easy to carry for some squirrel hunting or a walk in the woods. I have plenty of other airguns that have every feature under the sun, but this TalonP has been grabbed more often than any of them in the past year since I bought it for around the house needs.
In order to show what level of handiness I would place the TalonP, here’s a short list of what I have to choose from when I pick it up.

AAA Evol 30
Uragan King 30
Texan .457
Condor in .25, .22
TalonP .25
Benjamin Kratos .22
Benjamin Cayden .22
Benjamin Armada .25 custom
A couple custom Benjamin Marauders
Benjamin Fortitude .22
Benjamin Maximus .22
Benjamin Discovery projects
A few Benjamin 392’s
A couple 1322 projects.
A few Benjamin HB 22’s
Crosman 2260
A couple Umarex Notos in .22
Diana 54 side lever
And various others that aren’t coming to mind immediately or are on the more “junk” level like the Crosman 1077 or Beeman pcps bought for the kids to learn on. I’m sure I’m leaving more than a few out. (And I’m not saying that the TalonP is superior to the Evol or Uragan in any way other than it’s handy size.)
Perhaps the “coming soon” Evol Mini in .30 will take the spot of the TalonP as the favored shooter around my house.

Last edited:
No affiliation with him but this guy makes some stocks that look like they'd take an Air Force gun to the next level. I really like his Talon stocks with the KalibrGun/Taipan vibes

I am pretty sure he is AGN member @Loren

you like it better than your texan?! may I ask why? Since you said power = good, isnt the texan more power?
The condor and talon are.much easier to work on...Take apart... Also after market parts available and cheap.. The trigger is better... My .510 Texan has it's place,,,but big power comes with more problems.. Factory Airforce Condor s barrels are set up for pellets...I'm not paying $20.00 for a 100 airgun 22 slugs. So for me a normal no choke .223 or 224 barrel...cast slugs ,powder coat,and size....A pound of lead makes alot.of..223 airgun slugs for a dollar... I'm already setup for.casting. Also for Airforce a external regulator a must....

No affiliation with him but this guy makes some stocks that look like they'd take an Air Force gun to the next level. I really like his Talon stocks with the KalibrGun/Taipan vibes

I am pretty sure he is AGN member @Loren
Those are some nice looking stocks.
I have a Mad Dog stock on mine. Best investment I made on improving my TalonP

If you like and PCP that is as hold sensitive as a springer, a trigger that doesn't always reset and is difficult to load.
While I agree with the trigger (on mine it was the auto-safety jamming), I respectfully disagree about hold-sensitivity. I've shot at least 12 different springers and don't see any comparison at all with my Airforces (Condor and Condor SS). To what springers are you comparing the AF guns?

H
While I agree with the trigger (on mine it was the auto-safety jamming), I respectfully disagree about hold-sensitivity. I've shot at least 12 different springers and don't see any comparison at all with my Airforces (Condor and Condor SS). To what springers are you comparing the AF guns?
Hw97, HW50, Sig ASP20. All easier to shoot than the condor ss. I took the condor apart and sold it for parts. Couldn't knowingly pass that pos to anyone else.

Anyone need a Mad Dog stock? PM me.

Reactions: qball
Hi air gunners,

New air gunner here

grew up with multi pumps and I've had them all

Moving to PCP soon for everything from pest control, to hunting small game, to ringing steel on the range at .25 or .30

Question to all you out there with much more experience and sense than I do:

Why would anyone purchase an Airforce Talon or Condor over something Like JTS Airacuda max?

I get that if you have Taipan Veteran budget it wouldn't matter, and in a perfect world I would have every airgun ever made and don't have to choose or ask a question like this.

But just out of curiosity, why would anyone get an Airforce air rifle, over other air rifles if you only can have one? (I'm asking because I'm that kind of guy, I don't like to have one of everything, I would just like to have one)

I think something like the Airacuda max is beautiful to look at, not single loaded, and deadly accurate (doen't have walther lothar but it seems to stack pellets regardless)

So why would I pay double or triple for an Airforce Condor for example?

Thanks everyone!
If you are attracted by the simple rugged style of the Airforce I suggest you also take a look at the Evanix REX and REX Ibex lines.

The Air Force Airguns are hunters plain and simple. Huge power, hunting weapon accurate, super simple. Buy one for a truck gun and varmint killer. Do not buy one to take to the range.

I bought one for my first PCP. Was a horrible choice for plinking. Got lucky and sold it to a hunter. Bought a Daystate Huntsman.

The Air Force Airguns are hunters plain and simple. Huge power, hunting weapon accurate, super simple. Buy one for a truck gun and varmint killer. Do not buy one to take to the range.

I bought one for my first PCP. Was a horrible choice for plinking. Got lucky and sold it to a hunter. Bought a Daystate Huntsman.
I hear that a lot. They are definitely not for everyone.

I bought mine becaue I was loosing a lot of my chickens and ducks to predators and always felt like a terrible neighbor when I would take care of the problmes at 2:00 am with a 10mm handgun, so the TalonP with a moderator was my answer.

While I was zeroing the scope, I discovered that this little beast is a blast! Now keep in mind that my favorite powder burners are break action single shots, so that probably factors in, but none the less. I really enjoyed the gun and still do. In fact, I have shot it every day this week.

I personally think it is a great first PCP. Your mileage may vary.