Airforce Why buy Airforce instead other PCP brands

I have owned a TalonP for about 3 years. A .25 cal, I have added some Talon Tunes goodies to give me a better trigger and more power and I added a longer tank. I have no problem taking raccoons out to 70 yards using a MP Slug which I make myself. It will also give 3/8 inch groups at 50 yards using JSP King Heavy pellets. Granted it is a carbine more than a pistol, it is a very handy gun to have around the house of in the woods and has never failed to operate. I cannot say the same for my Chinese or Turkish air rifles.

For the last 18 years or so Air force has tempted me many times, The single loading has stopped me . Never say never in the air guns hobby .
I will not own a FX gun. I never said never. But the new upcoming FX Impact #4 has all the bells and whistles I want , Just six O rings in the whole gun...
Do you like grape or cherry kool aid ....
Mike
In the sport

My 5 year old Condor SS in .25 is a stone reliable tack driver thanks to its Lothar Walther barrel. If it ever develops a leak (they don’t) you know it’s the bottle valve. There’s nothing in the gun to leak. The best reason in my opinion to buy one is Airforce does not restyle or upgrade the guns for the sake of selling you another.

I'm not going to say you must chose between one or another for the kind of money they go new these days you could buy a good used . 22 or .25 cricket or some times every a taipan that are really enjoyable guns .I have seen the go for as low as $800 .. then if you later see a cheap AF go used usually for less than $500 I have seen them on sale at $350 then you could try it n see if you like it.. me personally have 5 AF the only platform that you could go from 22 pellet shooter to a 200fpe .257 bullet spitting toy , only changing some parts, that could be changed again to use pellets if you want to..

I considered an Airforce, but in all of the reviews/videos I’ve seen, it seems like the ES, and SD aren’t great. Even for non-regulated. Maybe non of them were tuned correctly.
I think alot of those come from people that think they have to start with full rated pressure. I figured that was the problem early on and now only fill to 2600psi and my shot strings are good.

You won't know unless you buy (or try) one! Be patient and try to find a nice used one where the seller can answer all of your questions. If you shopped well, chances are that you could likely sell it for little, if any loss.

I have not owned an Airforce. My only concern is based on owning a Kral BigMax which used a metal bottle for a stock too. While it had a cover on it, I did not like how the metal tank transmitted the feel of the hammer hitting the valve to my cheek. Maybe this is a non-issue with Airforce - but it was an issue with my Kral.

Good luck with your decision and have fun learning!

There was just a post about the ring-lock kit but it may have been deleted. And someone a while back stated that the AF guns should come standard with that kit, and I agree, although just having an available kit also works. (MikeinPasadena had/has one on the classifieds for $45!)
I have found using a smaller orifice for the desired power will improve the SD and ES of the shot string, and give a longer shot string. Usually it allows the power wheel to actually do something, and perhaps having a little wheel-preload pressure on the hammer spring helps tighten up the variances too. Smaller orifice with a little preload is better than big orifice and a limp tap, for a given power level.
Another thing I saw that tightened variances was an o-ring under the top hat, but only on my bottle with the more powerful valve (in other words, NOT the .177 stock bottles). For the .177 bottles it didn't do anything except drop power by a few percent.