• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why aren't the selling like hotcakes!

bsa group.1601211950.jpg
bsa supersport.1601211966.jpg
PXL_20200927_124430723_copy_1024x768.1601211982.jpg
this little BSA super sport is dead on accurate. These groups were shot at 20 yards. The only two groups I shot this morning before church. As light as my HW 50 more powerful than my HW50. Do the new super sports just not measure up to the old england-made ones like this one. What a great little rifle. 15-ft pounds. Great trigger. Squirrel killing machine. I just don't get it?

only a real man can shoot a springer accurately. alot of people may not want to even try one. I'm spoiled with PCP's 

also, I couldn't get within 2 yards of a squirrel. 

Nice shooting! -Nate

+1

Springers shoot as good as the shooter. It takes time to shoot them well. Learn the way to hold them. Each is different so learn your guns.And as the saying goes always shoot small. Because its true. 

If you’re talking about the JSB RS pellets I’d agree hands down. I’ve only done my testing with them sub 35 yards but they’re amazing. They work in pellet fussy guns, and everything I’ve shot them out of in 177 and especially 22. Magnum springers and sub 10fpe springers. 

As far as the BSA... as mentioned I remember a good deal of fanfare when I was getting into airguns. They were certainly on my radar. But as we all know we airgunners have what we like. And when newbs come in they either fall for the marketing hype of whoever’s pushing the hardest or they turn to a forum and are absolutely bomblasted with HW97, HW30, R9 posts where they might believe those are the only airguns ever produced. I have guns I’d put up against anything else that were literally less then have the money but receive a little TLC but it doesn’t have the name, the bluing, the history, and the pretty stock. Still shoots and handles very nice. Besides most everyone that’s been around for a while likes BSA unless times have changed again on me. 

Sonnysan I understand what you mean about being lighter. I didn’t have too much interest in light pellets back in the day. Then I stumbled upon some RS pellets when I was shooting a decent powered 22 and they changed my mind though. The 22s in particular I feel still hit with authority at 13.43 grains. Even in a PCP they’d be on my short list. 

BSA has/had been making airguns for a long time... They can't not be decent. I'll admit I've been tempted... 

I agree that people getting into airguns get bomblasted by folks hyping up HWs as if there's nothing else on the planet. I was one of those people who got bomblasted and I'm a little irritated about it. I now have a .22 cal HW97kt that I don't shoot anymore because I like my other guns much more. I sure wish people had bomblasted me about Walthers at the time. I probably would have gotten a LGU instead. I did eventually get an .22 16j LGV and that's the main reason why my HW97kt sits unused. Now the LGV is getting passed because I recently got a .22 cal hatsan striker (for spare parts) and put a peep sight on it and it is a fun gun! With a bit of tuning, that striker has the potential to be a fun, lightweight, accurate sweet little shooter.

Looks like yours is a Lightning. Pretty nice little guns. Has one of those pesky Maxi grip rails. They don't let you remove the piston easily. You can hardly fault a BSA barrel. Hinge has a pin instead of a bolt. Not the best. Don't abuse it and you won't spread the forks. I have a .177 and a .22. Smooth shooters. BSA keeps the spring under control rather well. No twang. Decent usable trigger. You can buy them used in good condition for 200 or less. IF you can find one. Accurate. They left Birmingham and started making them in Spain. 👎

The new version is a Gamo with a BSA barrel. Never seen one.