• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why are women better shots ?

Women have better eye/hand coordination.. That's a scientific fact...And unlike most men, they are not born with the notion that they already know how to drive, shoot or have sex.

So they take instruction better and then apply that. I was a rifle instructor for many years and when I taught pre-teens in a 4H club, I always had a girl as the top shooter.

I prefer to teach women how to shoot way more then men.. Were arrogant asses who already know how...just ask us...

9326B75C-E4AC-4763-86E5-D9B1D2020CA9.1624717948.jpeg

My wife and both daughters have taught me much about shooting. Given the same equipment…they are all immediately competitive in any environment. I used to be so pedantic about my trigger pull and contact in BR…. and after seeing my wife just carelessly stick her finger in the trigger guard, pull back and shoot the same scores indoors I finally realized I was way overthinking my technique. I learned that I had developed many habits that I believed were absolutely necessary to shoot well….and she continually proved that those habits were not necessary at all. My daughters did the same. Here is a pic of my 11 year old proudly displaying her high overall Benchrest card at Open Grove. Note she is standing in front of mine. Lol Unfortunately, none of my girls really give a crap about shooting…so they will never pursue it with any vigor. God help the men if they ever did. :)

Mike

My initial thoughts ....

They have the ability to not overthink it, not have other related emotions fogging or interfering with the process of just being an attentive operator of the equipment.

Call it multi tasking or a lack of .... Oxymoron really, but they just do !!

Some men shooters posses this uncanny skill to an equal level, tho think they are far and away a minority.

Scott S

I have seen ladies shoot a clean score in metallic silhouette, that is shot all offhand. Some ladies are built where they can throw a hip out and rest their elbow on the hip making bone to bone support. I have seen a few long lanky guys able to get that position, not many.

You hit the nail on the head. Women shoot standing offhand very well even as beginners. Main reason is women can lock their hips while standing and I mean lock. When they rest their rear elbow on that locked hipbone it is an incredible stabilizer. They all do this naturally and don't really have to be taught. They shift that weight back on their back foot and boom they lock.

Look at it like this... men shoot offhand stabilizing with muscles and women stabilize with bones. Which would you want fighting the wobble? When men sit and shoot we stabilize with bones. Slings help us to lock from bone to bone bypassing the muscles. Basically women shoot standing naturally with a kind of cross between sitting and a sling.

There are also some mental aspects to it previously mentioned but those are not really measurable. Some are assumed, believed, thought, hypothesized etc Proving those out leaves a little to be desired to say the least.

To me this is simple....

MEN AND WOMEN ARE VERY VERY VERY VERY DIFFERENT!! I have NO clue why society (excuse me, liberal society) is trying so hard convince us we are equal.

We are vastly different in so many ways including.....

IQ (men tend to be highest and lowest scores, whereas women are rarely low or high, but typically average

EQ (women dominate) 

Women being more empathetic

Men being less agreeable

The ability to give birth and lactate (Duh) 

Strength and agility resulting from fast and slow twitch muscle fiber (Men take this one) 

Girls brains develop faster, as well as their hormones

Men are better at math, problem solving (hence why we go into STEM fields) 

Girls tell more secrets typically regarding their emotions 

Men talk about interests (sports, ummmm guns, hunting, etc) 

Men have a better sense or humor (sorry to offend you women but cmon.....name that female comedian who everyone LOVES.....I'll wait lol.... Whereas you can name dozens of male comedians) 

Men have a bigger egos, and their self esteem is based on success. Whereas women base their "success" on the family they have built.

Men don't like to ask for help. Moving, DIRECTIONS, etc.

OK now HERE is why women are probably (or could be) better shooters.....bc while men are better at a single task, women are better at multitasking and repeating that task over and over and over again. So consider a sniper, or a shooter who has to go down the list of steps before each shot (get in shooting position, get on target, adjust wind, adjust elevation, check rifle cant, etc etc) This step by step process would surely be done better by women.