• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why are there NO M3 vs Panthera videos? Hmm...

Here you go, Crown v’s Impact v’s Panthera…

Good God (while that was a cool video) that is hardly a COMPARISON.

Id consider a comparison....

OK BOTH guns have the same exact liner and are BOTH shooting at 970fps, here are Five shot groups at 50, 100, 150 and 200 yards. (that is a comparison of precision)

What were the reg settings at get both guns to 970fps (that is a comparison of efficiency)

Which used more air? (Again comparison of efficiency)

Sound.....
Recoil.....
Etc.

Jesus an ACTUAL COMPARISON to find out which performs and shoots better using the same liner while tuned identically!!!!

FX send me a Panthera, I'll do it myself =)

Reactions: Loff
How many youtubers have done head to head reviews of these 2 guns? NONE!!!

You'd think this would be an absolute NO BRAINER as far as making content goes.

You have the M3, the best air gun in the world for quite a few years now, and then the Panthera comes out, a new "competition" rifle which supposedly has better valving and a more stable barrel.....soooo what am I missing?!? Why are we not seeing these 2 guns in head to head comparison videos??

I believe I have personally seen ONE comparison video by Rack n Load and it just a physical comparison.

So youtubers who CRAVE new content to put out either have NO interest in comparing the "2 best air rifles on the market" (which you have to admit is just ODD) or by doing so it would make one of the guns look bad and hurt FX's business (in which case it highlights the dishonesty of content creators)
I went back and forth between and among the FX line for months. Finally bit the bullet and got the M3. Not only that, I purchased all the “needed” mods up front including some hunter tech and stud mags. Of course a large box of NSA .25 Ammo is sitting in the wait out in the garage. LoL

I went back and forth between and among the FX line for months. Finally bit the bullet and got the M3. Not only that, I purchased all the “needed” mods up front including some hunter tech and stud mags. Of course a large box of NSA .25 Ammo is sitting in the wait out in the garage. LoL
The M3 was my 1st air rifle and between a compressor, ammo and all the "needed" accessories just that gun has me down like $6,000. NSA shoot well but give the Zan's a try. Amazing slugs. I have shot all of the .25 cal except the 33gr and they are all nasty.

Reactions: PBuffa
PS. I only have a Crown and Panthera, although I do have a mate with a Mk2 Impact. All sub-12 so running a 10.34gr JSB 0.177” ‘heavy’ at ~710 fps. But you wouldn’t be happy with that comparison either, I’m betting?
Comparing sub 12 guns is like comparing race cars that can only drive 60mph. 11gr pellets and 710fps.
68 whiskey guys have a Panthera vs M3 video coming soon.

Look forward to seeing how they compare them.

I think it easy to choose which one to buy based on size, modularity, what you plan on using it for, etc.

But considering the Impact is THE best performing gun in competitions and now you have multiple pro shooters saying "I will shoot the Panthera over the Impact next yr" I really want to see why they are saying that. It MUST have to do with accuracy and precision otherwise you would not bring that into competition. It would have nothing to do with efficiency or air consumption, competitors do not care about that. So just how much more accurate is it?

Reactions: GA_LeadHead
Comparing sub 12 guns is like comparing race cars that can only drive 60mph. 11gr pellets and 710fps.

Look forward to seeing how they compare them.

I think it easy to choose which one to buy based on size, modularity, what you plan on using it for, etc.

But considering the Impact is THE best performing gun in competitions and now you have multiple pro shooters saying "I will shoot the Panthera over the Impact next yr" I really want to see why they are saying that. It MUST have to do with accuracy and precision otherwise you would not bring that into competition. It would have nothing to do with efficiency or air consumption, competitors do not care about that. So just how much more accurate is it?
I own both. I can tell you that the extreme spread and standard deviation I get from my Panthera are better than I can get with my M3. I’m no competition shooter, but but I’m betting the Panthera in the hands of the right shooter has some serious potential at competitions going forward.

Reactions: Nords
I own both. I can tell you that the extreme spread and standard deviation I get from my Panthera are better than I can get with my M3. I’m no competition shooter, but but I’m betting the Panthera in the hands of the right shooter has some serious potential at competitions going forward.
I believe this to be the case.

It is the overall consistency/precision that makes the difference. However, for the average shooter, plinker, hunter, etc. I just do not believe the trade off is worth it for such a small bottle and a longer rifle. But, if you are a precision nut or competitor with your goal being the tightest groups possible and you shoot from a bench or prone than the minor improvement is worth it.

Well I guess you should buy one and give yourself what you are looking for 👍. You know what they say. If you want something done right……

1. Nah I am not the person to run this test. I shoot well but Id leave this to someone with more skill than me.

2. I will likely buy a future version of the Panthera. Id never buy the first run a gun too many kinks to work out. I also do not have a large tank to shoot tethered so it would be a waste for me. I just sold my 480cc bottle to get a 700cc bc I hate refilling my gun, I can't imagine doing it every 12-15 shots.

And Im sure your comment was meant to be somewhat twatty, so I assume every time YOU want to see 2 guns, scopes, slugs compared you just buy both and run the test yourself, right? You NEVER watch any comparisons on youtube do you?? I mean if you want something done right......

I believe this to be the case.

It is the overall consistency/precision that makes the difference. However, for the average shooter, plinker, hunter, etc. I just do not believe the trade off is worth it for such a small bottle and a longer rifle. But, if you are a precision nut or competitor with your goal being the tightest groups possible and you shoot from a bench or prone than the minor improvement is worth it.
I hear you, but I bought the 500mm in 30 cal for turkey hunting. 30 cal is the minimum required caliber for airgun hunting turkey in my home state. I like the form and feel of short Panthera (more like a traditional rifle), compared to my M3. It's excellent for use as a hunting rifle. And if I need more shots than I get off one fill, I need to stop hunting turkey with it. Currently, I've got dual bottles on it, 300 in the back and a 700cc up front for practice. I get a TON of shots with that setup. I'll only run the 300 in the back when I take it in the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: KevinWood44
1. Nah I am not the person to run this test. I shoot well but Id leave this to someone with more skill than me.

2. I will likely buy a future version of the Panthera. Id never buy the first run a gun too many kinks to work out. I also do not have a large tank to shoot tethered so it would be a waste for me. I just sold my 480cc bottle to get a 700cc bc I hate refilling my gun, I can't imagine doing it every 12-15 shots.

And Im sure your comment was meant to be somewhat twatty, so I assume every time YOU want to see 2 guns, scopes, slugs compared you just buy both and run the test yourself, right? You NEVER watch any comparisons on youtube do you?? I mean if you want something done right......
Completely “twatty”. Good on you for picking that up.

Here is the video from the 68 Whiskey boys

Thanks for posting this

Based on this, I say those guns are as equal as you can get. Keith shot slightly more accurately but he is also a better shot than Norm (and most people lol) and he was shooting .25 cal vs .22 in the wind. Cool video.

Hitting spinners at 265 yards in the wind to the point is was boring. I will never understand FX haters they make incredible guns.

Thanks for posting this

Based on this, I say those guns are as equal as you can get. Keith shot slightly more accurately but he is also a better shot than Norm (and most people lol) and he was shooting .25 cal vs .22 in the wind. Cool video.

Hitting spinners at 265 yards in the wind to the point is was boring. I will never understand FX haters they make incredible guns.
Yea that barrel that Keith has is very special also not to many of those made