Why are there NO M3 vs Panthera videos? Hmm...

How many youtubers have done head to head reviews of these 2 guns? NONE!!!

You'd think this would be an absolute NO BRAINER as far as making content goes.

You have the M3, the best air gun in the world for quite a few years now, and then the Panthera comes out, a new "competition" rifle which supposedly has better valving and a more stable barrel.....soooo what am I missing?!? Why are we not seeing these 2 guns in head to head comparison videos??

I believe I have personally seen ONE comparison video by Rack n Load and it just a physical comparison.

So youtubers who CRAVE new content to put out either have NO interest in comparing the "2 best air rifles on the market" (which you have to admit is just ODD) or by doing so it would make one of the guns look bad and hurt FX's business (in which case it highlights the dishonesty of content creators)

I think you are correct with making one rifle look "bad" vs. the other will negatively affect sales for the brand.
Also, like any brand new rifle from almost any manufacturer, there are bound to be some bugs to work out. We've seen this in the past with the launch of the Impact. The Gen1 Impacts were plagued with leaks. It's possible that something like this is going on with the new design. But, overall, I think you already spoke to the main reason.
While I agree with the idea that these are two different rifles, the Impact has been successfully used as a PRS style airgun and the Panthera is being advertised as a PRS rifle. So, in that respect, they're similar. With that in mind, it sounds like it's pointing back to how such a video could make one rifle look bad.

I have several Impacts and I have 3 of the Pantheras. It took me a while to get my Impacts to shoot slugs well. The Pantheras shot slugs great right out of the box. Is the Panthera a better gun? Depends on what you want. I feel if you want a long range slug shooter and don't worry about the gun length then yes it is. It makes more power easier and the barrel set up is better. With my Impacts I would get POI shifts from day to day, not so with the Pantheras.

Reactions: SteveV and tibor
I have several Impacts and I have 3 of the Pantheras. It took me a while to get my Impacts to shoot slugs well. The Pantheras shot slugs great right out of the box. Is the Panthera a better gun? Depends on what you want. I feel if you want a long range slug shooter and don't worry about the gun length then yes it is. It makes more power easier and the barrel set up is better. With my Impacts I would get POI shifts from day to day, not so with the Pantheras.

Damn first off I am jealous of your guns lol

I personally could care less about the length of the Panthera I would get the 700. I shoot from a bench or tripod. My issue with the Panthera is the bottle size. There is nothing you can really do about that though. I know they have a conversion kit to add the bottle to the front but then it loses that PRS chassis-type feel.

I assume they have a quirks to work out so I will wait for the "M2" version of the Panthera. Id love to see a folding stock, better gauge set up, etc.

Thanks for your input. I agree the Impact is fussy as hell. POI shifts are so normal at this point I just know I have to re-zero every day

Reactions: woodman73
Im not sure im correct on guessing this, but I don't believe these 2 guns are in the same category. I certainly don't compare my 10/22 to my Bergara 300 prc. That being said, I'd like to see a video on a comparison. Although It's probably similar results but the Panthera has more power.

I disagree, respectfully, before the Panthera the M3 was the #1 PRS gun and the #1 slug shooter. How can you make a gun that shoots slugs better (Ernest and others say that will be his bench gun) and made for PRS and NOT compare it to the M3?!?!

Looks and size-wise they are very different, one is a bullpup, etc. But they are very much in the same category

I was just thinking about the folding stock. Maybe FX will make one. I have put a front bottle on my one Panthera. That is my 25 and I will only shoot from the bench with it. My 30 cal, I am able to get 10 good shots shooting the Griffin 78gr slugs at 920fps. That is a lot of power on a small bottle. The Panthera is very efficient.
78gr My lord those must hit hard. I have 46gr .25 H&N's and I thought those were big. Do you fill your bottle to 300bar or 250?

That's impressive. Have been pondering getting a Panthera since they came out but see so many mixed reviews. Have been reading lots on the Maverick Sniper and see lots of good stuff here also. Then after reading reviews on the RAW HM1000 it sounds like it should compete right along with the Panthera. Gets confusing. I love shooting 30 caliber but this guy makes the 25 look awesome . Need some input

How many youtubers have done head to head reviews of these 2 guns? NONE!!!

You'd think this would be an absolute NO BRAINER as far as making content goes.

You have the M3, the best air gun in the world for quite a few years now, and then the Panthera comes out, a new "competition" rifle which supposedly has better valving and a more stable barrel.....soooo what am I missing?!? Why are we not seeing these 2 guns in head to head comparison videos??

I believe I have personally seen ONE comparison video by Rack n Load and it just a physical comparison.

So youtubers who CRAVE new content to put out either have NO interest in comparing the "2 best air rifles on the market" (which you have to admit is just ODD) or by doing so it would make one of the guns look bad and hurt FX's business (in which case it highlights the dishonesty of content creators)
The M3, "best air gun in the world"?

Reactions: jmohme
Impact is fussy as hell. POI shifts are so normal at this point I just know I have to re-zero every daypack
POI shift is 100% fixable with the Impact, suffered this issue as well. Bought the Saber Tactical TRS rail which has the shroud clamp, plus I inserted a piece of 0.05 mm feeler gauge inside the barrel nut and boom! No more Poi shift in your shooting session
563E5F33-C900-4E21-8C5E-5CCC6407F5F0.jpeg
397E1715-9469-44EC-A0B7-7C8B71B631CB.jpeg

That's impressive. Have been pondering getting a Panthera since they came out but see so many mixed reviews. Have been reading lots on the Maverick Sniper and see lots of good stuff here also. Then after reading reviews on the RAW HM1000 it sounds like it should compete right along with the Panthera. Gets confusing. I love shooting 30 caliber but this guy makes the 25 look awesome . Need some input
...many guys in the Netherlands now start buying the FX Bosses left in the country, they are mainly 100 meter shooters...

The M3, "best air gun in the world"?
arguable....sure. Look I own an M3 but I would no issue saying others rifles are better, if they were....

They all have different uses but if you are talking about bolt action, long range precision and accuracy (and ability), modularity, etc. Yes there simply is no doubt that it has proven itself to be one the best.

This is probably going to open a can of worms but which do you think better all around?