FX Why are the panthera and dynamic poorly made?

You might as well sell it. I don't think you'll ever be satisfied.

"I would never, absolutely never, buy again an FX.

And I will sell the Panthera ASAP"

Next week:

Emu: "The most accurate and best airgun in the world is the FX Panthera, and here is why"... (Just poking fun @ @Emu as he always has these hot takes, which are certainly welcomed)

Am I the only one that thinks "first run" is as much the manufacturer's responsibility as the millionth unit? Not directing this at Gerry but it seems like a lot of people think first run or new product is an excuse for sticking customers with a problematic product. If an item is marketed as capable of X then it should be capable of X every day for a normal product lifetime. If a customer is shorted on their purchase they should be made whole and this goes for every manufacturer of every thing.
This is a very good point. And it’s not just in the airgun world. It’s almost like we’ve been conditioned to accept this. Last year I was dealing with the brand new Airmaks Krait. I was so forgiving of what I was dealing with. Other guys were not. Maybe I’m the dummy. Time to reflect.

After a lot of time reading posts of people complaining about FX Meccano shooting line rifles, I decided to buy a Panthera Compact Hunter in .25.

If you see the rifle the shape is amazing. Two bottles, a big in the front and a 300 cc in the rear.

No one rifle I have own has made to shoot so many pellets in order to get to think it is set. I do not play with tunning. I have changed scopes, ammo.

At 50 yards it is accurate. At 88 is far away in accuracy from my Daystates, Airgun Technology and Sidewinders.

And it has a slow leak...... I need to refill it daily....

I had to order a PRS butt pad from UK because poor design of original one.

The rifle shoots, yes..... But nothing that worth the price I paid for the rifle and do not compensate the amount of pellets and time invested in trying to make it work properly.

I would never, absolutely never, buy again an FX.

And I will sell the Panthera ASAP.
You and me both. Got burned by a Crown MkI. Should have figured it out when I sent the first one back.

But the tubers can't be wrong so I got a replacement. It was better than the first one but still not worth it in the end, even with all the "improvements" I bought too.

Reactions: Florida_Man
I just gave a try to the H&N Baracudas.

I found that my Panthera and those pellets seem to be made one for the other. The accuracy and flight of those pellets in my Panthera is absolutely perfect.

The Panthera has the micro weel at 2.75 and the regulator set at 122 Bar.

I do not have a huge stock of those pellets so I need to make a correction on that.

Reactions: Florida_Man
This is my Dynamic in .25 with a 600mm barrel. The settings are: 2.7? on the hammer spring tension, wide open on the transfer port wheel and 125bar for the regulator. This send 34g fx pellets down range at 950fps. The gun is as sent from factory, minus the adjustments and barrel cleaning. I've never had the gun apart, nor will I unless there's a failure. The group pictures are from my third outing testing at 100yds. The rest are from the Pyramyd Air Cup. Oh, I bought the gun from Northeast Airguns.
20230812_162611.jpg
20230812_162629.jpg
20230812_164958.jpg
20230812_163847.jpg
20230826_083544.jpg
20230826_083528.jpg
20230826_095154.jpg
20230826_200348.jpg

Reactions: Emu
Conceptually the Panthera with the two bottles is a super rifle.

After the recrown, I made wider the exit hole of the piece that is made to hold the moderator.

I need to have a clear diagnosis of what is happening to this rifle, irrespective of the slow leak.

Tomorrow I will invest more pellets to try to understand. Sometimes the wind avoids a clear idea of the real behavior.

At 50 yards the rifle is super accurate but the grouping at 88 do not correspond to the kind of groups at 50.

I will try to understand more....
It could well be the speed of your projectile... or the projectile itself.
I didn't notice any details of what you are using and at what speed.. was that researched as yet?

Yes, it costs us all a lot in pellet or slug vs barrel testing. That's why a lot of us read the forums to find out what we might try in our new rigs.

Reactions: dan_house
I knew the cleaner$ would hit this soon.

“The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth.”​

― George Orwell, 1984

View attachment 401460
Would you like to be more obtuse?

Edit: I've rethought my reply. What I should have asked is if you can expand on your comment. My bad.

Last edited:
It could well be the speed of your projectile... or the projectile itself.
I didn't notice any details of what you are using and at what speed.. was that researched as yet?

Yes, it costs us all a lot in pellet or slug vs barrel testing. That's why a lot of us read the forums to find out what we might try in our new rigs.
I was shooting JSB 34 grain ...... And just discovered how well this Panthers shoots the H&N Baracudas 30.86 grain.

I have many air rifles. So if I loose the money of this rifle is just an expesive lesson.

I already sent to the waste basket many years ago a FX Bobcat .30 Cal.

I should change the barrel for a 600 mm one. Clearly FX strategy of making you spend money in order to make THEIR products work properly.....
"Maybe" that was the Bobcat I purchased disassembled 3 years ago. put it back together and been shooting beautifully since! ;)