FX Why are the panthera and dynamic poorly made?

...What’s everyone else’s suggestions?
Don't be addicted buying things and don't be an impulse buyer, do your research to a most smallest details. There is always something to buy for a any amount of money. Nobody is forcing you to buy FX. Buy only what you will use with pleasure.
If you already bought the FX what you expecting now from us? To hold your hand?

Just couple things that came to my mind ;)

Never had one myself but seems like people shooting them at reasonable speeds don't have any problems. I've read a few cases of people trying to squeeze 40 grain slugs at 22LR speeds run into bent valve stems or something. Can't blame them for being upset because thats how the Pantera was marketed. I doubt this has anything to do with the quality. You can't expect to run an Indy car at full power without having to maintain it. FWIW I don't buy first run anything.

Never had one myself either, but I can accept issues with a first run product with new to that manufacturer technology, like the Panthera/Dynamic. I cannot accept issues on existing technology. For example, I was considering a BRK Ghost. After reading about valve issues, leaks, parts the do not align, and mis-matched anodizing, I decided to stick with my .25 M3 Impact which has been flawless from day 1, and still is. With all the aftermarket accessories, parts, and information available through the Masterclass videos, the Ghost would not give me enough to switch. FWIW after the Daystate Delta Wolf, I too am done being an unpaid field tester of first run products.

Don't be addicted buying things and don't be an impulse buyer, do your research to a most smallest details. There is always something to buy for a any amount of money. Nobody is forcing you to buy FX. Buy only what you will use with pleasure.
If you already bought the FX what you expecting now from us? To hold your hand?

Just couple things that came to my mind ;)
doing great till the insult came to mind !

From all the promotions when it was released it was clear they want to compete with PB’s. That’s pushing the limits of PCP’s. FX continue to improve their rifles, so at least they are committed to their products.

I have plenty of PB’s, so I’m happy to have air rifles that are just air rifles.

After a lot of time reading posts of people complaining about FX Meccano shooting line rifles, I decided to buy a Panthera Compact Hunter in .25.

If you see the rifle the shape is amazing. Two bottles, a big in the front and a 300 cc in the rear.

No one rifle I have own has made to shoot so many pellets in order to get to think it is set. I do not play with tunning. I have changed scopes, ammo.

At 50 yards it is accurate. At 88 is far away in accuracy from my Daystates, Airgun Technology and Sidewinders.

And it has a slow leak...... I need to refill it daily....

I had to order a PRS butt pad from UK because poor design of original one.

The rifle shoots, yes..... But nothing that worth the price I paid for the rifle and do not compensate the amount of pellets and time invested in trying to make it work properly.

I would never, absolutely never, buy again an FX.

And I will sell the Panthera ASAP.

Last edited:
No complaints about my Panthera.

Bought a .22/700mm Panthera for a dedicated slug/bench rifle as soon as they were available and added a second bottle for convenience.

Been shooting 34g slugs at moderate (best accuracy) velocities all summer - no problems, no complaints, very consistent and accurate.

Quality (machining, fit, and finish) is very good as expected for an airgun at this price point. I don't abuse my equipment but don't baby it either, from present experience the Panthera appears the be solidly made and durable. The new valve design is preforming well for me, the ES and SD values on a good tune are typically very low.

The only thing I've found to watch (and this is typical of the FX magazines) is that it is possible (with rough handling) to dislodge the magazine lid O-ring allowing the magazine too much movement which affects feeding and accuracy. Had that happen on my Crown magazine - my fault. The Panthera uses the same magazine design but with a thicker lid.

Cheers!

After a lot of time reading posts of people complaining about FX Meccano shooting line rifles, I decided to buy a Panthera Compact Hunter in .25.

If you see the rifle the shape is amazing. Two bottles, a big in the front and a 300 cc in the rear.

No one rifle I have own has made to shoot so many pellets in order to get to think it is set. I do not play with tunning. I have change scopes, ammo.

At 50 yards it is accurate. At 88 is far away in accuracy from my Daystates, Airgun Technology and Sidewinders.

And it has a slow leak...... I need to refill it daily....

I had to order a PRS butt pad from UK because poor design of original one.

The rifle shoots, yes..... But nothing that worth the price I paid for the rifle and do not compensate the amount of pellets and time invested in trying to make it work properly.

I woukd never, absolutely never, buy again an FX.

And I will sell the Panthera ASAP.
Good luck selling it to anyone who read this post 😬

Good luck selling it to anyone who read this post 😬
I have many air rifles. So if I loose the money of this rifle is just an expesive lesson.

I already sent to the waste basket many years ago a FX Bobcat .30 Cal.

I should change the barrel for a 600 mm one. Clearly FX strategy of making you spend money in order to make THEIR products work properly.....

Last edited:
Reactions: BSJ and mercado
I have many air rifles. So if I loose the money of this rifle is just an expesive lesson.

I already sent to the waste basket many years ago a FX Bobcat .30 Cal.
I will take the Panthera then and save you the trouble of having to complain any more. Will pay shipping - just pM me…

I just introduced the Panthera my recrowning drill tip.

It seems that we started to speak the same language.

IMG_3044.jpeg