Why are all the GOOD looking springers discontinued??

I think now is a bad time to draw any conclusions on the short term future of anything at all. Between Covid, the Russians, supply chain issues and God knows what in China it’s impossible to see a clear future. I’m fortunate that there is little that I need that I don’t have. As for springers, which I think is where all this started, I have two and can split cards with both shooting pellets purchased at Walmart and shooting freehand. While I prefer wood stocks if it’s a gun that’s going to live in the truck and see hard use I’ll go with synthetic stocks. My gun preferences these days lean towards classic but I have a few current air guns and powder burners with up to date synthetic stocks in case I need to carry one in bad weather.

Rick H.

Over the years, Weihrauch has mostly made improvements to their gun designs. In the last few years we've seen some cost cutting changes and improvements. Laser etching instead of stamping in the metal was cost cutting, while new stocks for the HW30S and HW80S is and improvement to me.

The HW35E stock change likely costs Weihrauch more than a simple forearm groove.

I believe these are "Think Tank marketing decisions" by somebody at Weihrauch, who knows if enough folks complain, they may bring back the groove as an purchase option.

In additions to my springer's, R7, R9, and latest TX200 .22), I also own an Air Venturi Avenger .22 in wood that shoots excellent for a very cheap PCP from China.
It also gets about 90 shots on reg. with the tune (reg and hammer spring) I have which is the only reason I decided to try one at $450. While Daystates and the like are beautiful, I just cant see spending $1500 plus a tank ($500-600) to get about 30 shots per session. Have a cheap compressor at home and that's enough for this AV PCP.
Point is I'm starting to enjoy shooting my springer's more because I like the challenge of mastering these well made guns. Unless I win the lottery, will continue to invest in the classics.

Looked seriously at the AA Pro-Sport but the 9" barrel gave me concern. Love my TX 200 so far...
The Pro-Sport in Walnut surely is a beautiful gun, the 9" barrel shouldn't be a problem, but the cocking arm (while looking good) is not the best design. Mine pulled out of the piston, so it's not real sound and cocking is a bit awkward. Otherwise, a very fine rifle.
Lastly, the AA's are heavy .....

I use to jokingly say wow look at the nice stuff they got a overseas thats not available here. Like you get what the rest of the world dont want at a inflated pricing. Also i think too few got too much control over importing and distribution.. back in my 20's. I could go in a local sporting goods store and buy a beeman or somthing pretty nice. Now it like aoa or pa only kinda thing..

I use to jokingly say wow look at the nice stuff they got a overseas thats not available here. Like you get what the rest of the world dont want at a inflated pricing. Also i think too few got too much control over importing and distribution.. back in my 20's. I could go in a local sporting goods store and buy a beeman or somthing pretty nice. Now it like aoa or pa only kinda thing..
Yeah, the little specialty, sporting goods stores have been put out of business by Amazon, Walmart and Target.
I bet Beeman airguns were not high margin items. When you have to pay rent each month and cannot buy in quantity - costs are too high.

The Pro-Sport in Walnut surely is a beautiful gun, the 9" barrel shouldn't be a problem, but the cocking arm (while looking good) is not the best design. Mine pulled out of the piston, so it's not real sound and cocking is a bit awkward. Otherwise, a very fine rifle.
Lastly, the AA's are heavy .....
I got an opportunity to put a few hundred pellets through my pro sport this weekend. No question it is my most accurate spring gun, as well as the best looking. The hw97k is very close, but the PS has a slight edge, probably due to the trigger. Agree that the cocking arm design can be wonky, but the stress is greatly reduced in this area with guns setup to shoot at about 12fpe. Mine shoots at 11.5fpe and the cocking arm has been trouble free for tens of thousands of shots.
R

Reactions: bf1956
Ya, most now you go in and its the same stuff on there shelves as walmart but 2-5$ more .

That s one place was a n like h&n dealer list so i go there and nothing but same as Walmart crosman. Same on guns

So i asked the guy about the h&n or what ever he was the local dealer for and he said he puts in his orders for the stuff and they ( whoever his distributor is) just dont fill it or send him anything. He said i was not the only guy to come in and be disappointed , but he says they just dont meet there obligations on filling the orders .

Then kinda like airventuri they seem to want to keep ti all under them and dictate . Like it's is or nothing .. let em eat cake..lol ( keep a monopoly)

4888835689_6f837fb0b6_b.jpg
Browsing some UK website, came across the Air Arms Camargue...