Why are all the GOOD looking springers discontinued??

4888835689_6f837fb0b6_b.jpg
Browsing some UK website, came across the Air Arms Camargue...
sillymike;

Before I went head over-heals into PCPs decades ago, I once owned the AA Mistral and as a "tap-loader" it was a shooter. As time passed and I began to ripen, I stepped up my game and settled for the TX200 in .177 that I still have in my collection.

I agree with the direction discussed here about the future of Springer Air Rifles.
My approach has been to purchase pre owned rifles & tune as needed. Many air rifles shooters are selling their springers which means opportunities to purchase quality guns at bargain pricing.
Harves;

There are still many of us "ole-timers" still around that more than appreciate some of the finer things in life such as the old Beeman air rifles before Robert Beeman sold his company if I'm not mistaken. I've owned a few Beeman R-1s in .177 caliber and other springers but as I began to ripen, I chose another route with PCPs. I still have a few springers that I'll hold on to until________but they're keepers just in case!

I usually don't post in this sub-forum of AGN — for reasons that will become apparent.

🔶 However: I want to express to you my sentiment:
I am truly sorry that the situation in the field of spring guns is that bad, with so few choices, and not with the looks that many here appreciate.

It is less than half a dozen years ago I surfed the interwebs for WEEKS, trying to assemble a list of springers that:
• Looked the way I like a modern gun to look like (i.e., what this sub-forum likes to denounce as "tacticool" 😉),
• had the power I wanted, and
• were at a price I felt affordable.

There were VERY FEW springers that met my criteria at the time — and my search for "THE gun" was an exercise in frustration. 😖

➔ So, I understand you! And I'm sorry that springer manufacturers are not catering to both sides of the Traditional-vs.-Modern divide in our airguniverse....

🔸 One idea:
If several shooters could agree on a certain guns that you'd like a different stock for — maybe you could make a mass order with a stock manufacturer, even source a stock maker in a country where labor is less costly (a company or a self-employed woodworker).

🔸 Another idea:
Maybe the same stock manufacturer, or self-employed woodworker, could modify your current stock to make it more to your liking. Especially those stocks that come as slimmed down 2x4's would seem to have plenty of excess wood to work with.

Good luck! 😊

Matthiasth
Other than my old FWB 124 d and a new Sporter, the best looking that I have area a pair of HW57's. A lot of people bash the because of the little pop up breech, but they have classic lines, light, easy to handle, powerful and they have classic sporter lines.

This same garbage went through a phase in the PB world. “Zombie green” ballistic tips on ammo, “biohazard” shaped reticles in EOTechs, etc. It’s a trashy marketing tactic, but some are dumb enough to fall for it. Go figure…
Besides just starting to get into airguns and I agree about the PB world. I'm mainly a lever guy. I have a number of Marlins and nothing beats a wood and blue gun.

I see the trend looks like fugly plastic barrel shrouded with the nonremovable plastic moderators. Or like hatsan all that QE stuff and no traditional barrel types. Some syn/ plastic stocks i dont really mind much.
I remember when Remington went to tupperware stocks a while back to maintain a pricing. Many buyers brought the gun home and trashed the stock, me included.
I love the traditional wood, especially with a beautiful grain pattern. But I also like Manners and McMillan composites for stability and toughness.
I have a Crown with camo laminate, a work of art to me. I also bought the Saber Tactical chassis that I mounted for a couple months. The laminate is back on because it looks so good. Not sure if I should keep the Saber or not.

I really think IF a company would make a lighter weight sliding recoil less and accurate rifle it would sell . Maybe the short lived TX200 example reincarnated.
I know i would buy one . I think the recoilless TX200 was short lived because of to many problems , but i would love to find a used one .
Maybe a Gliss system ?