• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Why are Airgunners Always Crowing About Taipan Veterans?

Taipans are the deadliest snakes in the world

We've been bit. It's in our veins now.

Is it their cult like following that I condemn?

Maybe it's their sweet goodness that I don't appreciate....

Screenshot 2022-03-31 at 10-27-10 Why are Airgunners Always Crowing About Taipan Veterans - Ai...png

Great post, Bama.

Reactions: bamavet55
Never held one, never shot one, never seen one in person but always read the Taipan posts. I have a hard time with rear cocking levers & not really a bullpup guy but I hear owners extolling the same things I love about my FX Royale/ Boss/ Bobcat (temporarily borrowed) platforms. In this age of bells & whistles & extreme adjustability I'll take a simple, reliable, repeatable, straight out of the box shooter with a beautiful trigger & very low maintenance any time. Maybe I read the posts because I can relate to owners who love the same virtues in their guns. Ain't it great to be satisfied with our investments? Maybe some day I'll get to try one. Great looking guns in the pictures! 

9495AA07-1D6C-4D92-9F97-A43CCE290CDF.1648769076.jpeg
2A9BD8AB-35FD-4D25-8839-09532E2BEADC.1648769076.jpeg

I’ve been very fortunate to own many many airguns from Daystate, FX (Impacts, currently own 4 M3’s, Dreamlines, and Crowns), RTI Prophets, , Taipan, Edgun Leshiy 2., R5M and some in between. Of all of them FX Impacts and Taipans have been my favorite in their own way. My Taipans (owned standard and compacts) are great for around the house pesting, plinking, and 100 yard or under fun shooting. I sold my standards and just kept my compacts and will never leave my collection as long as I live (at least for now). :) Best trigger, smoothest cocking (rear cocking doesn’t bother me one bit), compactness, accuracy, robustness and low maintenance money can buy hands down. Not to say the other brands/models mentioned aren’t any good just had the best experience with Taipans and Impacts. 

Reactions: bamavet55