Why all the airforce hate?

I read through quite a few of these before I realized how old they were. Having two AF rifles I read through all of them. I didn't count but the majority of posters liked theirs. I'm in that group.
I got a Talon SS when they first came out and absolutely loved it. Of course back then I didn't have a shoebox and tanks... just a pump. But I was coming from a Sheridan multi-pump so being able to do all my pumping separately from shooting at critters was great. (Tried springers but never liked the reverse recoil feel). Years later when the Condor SS came out I got one of those in .22 cal. A while after that I wanted to try a .25 cal so I got a barrel and swapped them. The only drawback to that is the loud noise that emanates from backyard critters being hit but that's a function of .25 cal predator pellets hitting at 900 fps.
As others have said, the single shot isn't a problem for me as I rarely need a quick second shot. And it's actually pretty fast to load one once you get the motion down. I have other airguns, although not as many as I'd like. My latest is a Taipan Veteran (another airgun which won't win any beauty contests). I guess I understand the "ugly looks" kind of reaction. I used to admire and own only nice wood stocked rifles and shotguns, metal and wood 1911s, Colt Woodsman, etc. First time I saw an AR-15 and a Glock I thought they were very ugly and how I could never own them. But the look grew on me over time and I'm glad because now all those look cool and I own them. (I even now like the looks of KLR-650s but that's another topic ;-)
They each have their place. Condor SS hangs out in office closet for backyard critters. Talon SS breaks down into 2 pieces with the bottle unscrewing, fits nicely in my truck, and goes everywhere with me.
It's hard for me to understand the reaction like one of the posters mentioned when they gave one to their grandson and they wouldn't take it because it was ugly. I can't fathom myself having that reaction as a kid but that was a long time ago. Back then, everything looked like Colt peacemakers, 1894 Winchesters, Red Ryders etc. so maybe... I'm thinking I would have jumped at the opportunity. And I will now if they wanna send it to me.

I have had many springers in my days, even the Air Arms TX200 which I still live to shoot, last fall I purchased a Condor after shooting one up at the Pyramid Air Cup. At first I was not impressed till I talked to a rep from Airforce. I wee back and shot one a few more times and the hunt was on. I purchased a used Condor SS in .22. Top hat kept coming loose so I purchased a Talon Tunes Tophat. It has amazing accuracy, in fact I took a squirrel off a power line at 41 yards with a head shot while he was moving. Maybe I'm a lil bias being its my first PCP but I really like this rifle and the fact that it kinda reminds me of an AR platform makes it stand out. I'll put it up against anything out there in an air rifle. One shot, one kill hunting rifle. 

Ok, I just had to chime in here because I think I have a different perspective on this subject. I think it is aimed at newbies thinking of entering the pcp market. A little about me, I'm 70 and on fixed income so I can't buy anything i want i have to plan and save. I chose FX for the smooth twist barrel and accuracy so I have been shooting two pcp air rifles both FX .25 caliber and have been very happy with both of them. None of my friends are interested in air rifles so I have no contact with people or stores where I can go compare rifles so AGN is my best source. I read a comment someone made about shooting swedged bullets and once you do you will never go back to pellets. Well my FX smooth twist barrel doesn't shoot bullets so after reading more I wanted a rifle to shoot bullets. I chose an AirForce Condor, purchased used recently from AGN member classifieds. Now to the point, when I sighted it in for zero at 100 yards using swedged bullets I immediately liked this rifle and swedged bullets. In the three weeks I've had this gun I absolutely praise the power, accuracy and predictability of the bell curve. So after shooting swedged bullets I have to agree, when hunting or shooting squirrels, power, swedged bullets and a Condor is a good combination. The single shot doesn't bother me, the fit finish and feel was not an issue for me. I think a great gun for anyone, newbie or experienced shooter.

I really like my AirForce Condor !