Why all the airforce hate?

That is often the problem with mods, especially if you buy parts from air gun stores instead of making them yourself. This industry seems incapable of supplying sensibly priced anything. When I looked at the currently available bullpup conversion kits, they were the same or more than the cost of the actual guns which makes no sense. There were much better quality conversion kits for firearms for half the price.

Investing $500 into a $500 gun does not make it worth $1000. 

For most people it is best to just spend the extra upfront to get the air rifle with all the features they want instead of buying a cheaper one and trying to upgrade. I would have spend far less money if I would have bought my Cricket first and skipped all the cheaper guns I bought before it. I have a tendency to overestimate my ability to improve them myself or to live with the limitations. Instead of going shooting, I ended up spending more time researching mods and reading about the gun I should have bought instead.

if I had the skills and equipment to turn an AF gun into a decent looking repeater, I would probably want to make a custom gun from scratch instead. I keep hoping that someone will take those Caselman plans that are floating around the Internet and make decent .30 caliber air machine gun for resale. 

I don't hate AF but never had a desire to get one. Before I bought my first PCP I got a chance to shoot a couple of guns, a Marauder and a Condor. I couldn't find a comfortable hold and just didn't like the way it felt or the way it looked so I just scratched it off my list. I guess I like the more traditional rifles, I don't like bullpups either.

I have a weekly shoot with normally six buddies of mine That come out to my place and shoot thousands of dollars worth of air rifles. I've read your post and agree and disagree, I own a condor ss .25 and love it. My buddies have marauders, fx guns, you name it. All of the pellet rifles brought out or very accurate and compairable within 60 yards... besides you guys not liking an ugly looking rifle, "in your opinion," it's hard for me to figure out what the beef is....? Because, I can tell you for a fact, if you want to know which rifle is better, shoot beyond 100 yards, the condor always wins. Air Force guns are desirable because they are the powerhouse of the air rifle industry. If you don't like the looks. go buy you something that you're comfortable sleeping with. Stop all of this silly gun hating BS and go out shooting and have fun with whatever you shoot or like to shoot.

The thing that I love about the AirForce platform is that they are a modular platform and very easy to work on with just a small amount of tools. You can build about anything you want change anything want. Think about what powder burners do when building off of the AR 15 platform different barrel from another gun different upper and different lower, they put togather what they want. That is what I have done to my Talonp right now it is not the same that it was over a year. MadDog stock larger tank,18in barrel, TT one piece tophat. I knew I was going to build what I wanted over time and I am almost there. I just need a shroud or LDC for it. I am so impress with it I just sold my Gen1 .25 Marauder MDRL bullpup. I know I will regret it some day but it will help fund my build. I was happy with the 34.7 grain slugs I got from Nick that I ordered some 39grain slugs on Nicks recommendation. My Talonp carbine is shooting the 34gr slugs in the lower 900s with an o-ring under the top hat and the power wheel on 0. Just a powerhouse of a carbine. The single shot is a deal killer for alot of guys, I think it makes you hunker down more and concentrate on the shot. I feel they are worth every penny.Can anyone tell me their opion of the RL shroud?

Don't scratch that itch. I did and eventually lost interest in airgunning. Shoddy finish, poor ergonomics, excessively high mount scope, high air consumption, no pressure gauge, single shot.

Mine had a nice trigger and accuracy was better than springers.

I think it's dated and short on features. These guys should have come up with a multi shot by now, or years ago.

The high powered models may be good for some hunters, no doubt about that.

My Granddad always told me if I could not hit it in one shot then I did not need more shots so I have always been partial to single shot guns because that was a good lesson learned. I always hunted birds with a single shot while friends were burning through 25 shells per 5 birds with their semiautomatics I happily used 5 shots for the same number of birds. Of course this is entirely personal preference. Now about the air gauge. All my AirForce guns have gauges on the bottle and foster fill fitting as well. One has 2 gauges..one for the regulated pressure and one for the bottle pressure. Finish is just as good as the Marauders and Hatsan's with the Hatsan's costing just about as much if not more these days. Besides that I did not buy it to look pretty. I bought it to harvest animals and eliminate pest which it does as well as any other PCP I own... some of which cost twice or 3 times more. Air consumption is totally a function of tuning the gun like many other low and high end PCP's. YMMV of course as with anything in life.

Thurmond