Why airguns?

Current political environment, mostly.

All that includes ammo availability along with the lack of components to roll my own. I don't get to do many things these days, so sitting on a bench punching paper is serious therapy. Finding what is out there and topping the break action power piston rifles.

PCP's are expensive. I hope I get my moneys worth, and can find pellets for the coming years. I'm on the watch list for a couple of companies to get molds, but that has been a long wait too. Thankfully pellets are still available, most of the time, and I can shoot my two main rifles in the back yard and not cause a ruckus.

Trigger time is always productive.

I am in California. So that is my answer. Also, cheap and I grew up since 5 years old shooting airguns, so I have been doing it for a bit. My family is Canadian and anti-gun for the most part, so airguns were my introduction. Looking back it is a bit of a surprise that my anti-gun Dad bought me a Daisy Springer. I used it every day, all day. It was probably the best and most enjoyed gift he ever got me. Later on when I shot PB rifles, a lot of them, I decided to re-examine my interest in airguns. Certain things attracted me to them: for one there is the ability to shoot in the backyard (awesome)...two I always loved the physics of them. The fact that the mechanical nature mixed with the pneumatic science really is both fun and, for me, makes sense on an enjoyable level that makes tinkering and tuning a fun hobby beyond the range time (much more enjoyable than cleaning solvents). I think also I like the American aspect of airguns. It really is an all American sport. It hasn't been made too political yet (though I know it will as per a conversation I just had with my local Warden) and people from all walks of life can sit down and enjoy it. Really fun. Really cheap. Great way to sit down with your Dad or a friend. Heck, great way to spend your time.

I am in California. So that is my answer. Also, cheap and I grew up since 5 years old shooting airguns, so I have been doing it for a bit. My family is Canadian and anti-gun for the most part, so airguns were my introduction. Looking back it is a bit of a surprise that my anti-gun Dad bought me a Daisy Springer. I used it every day, all day. It was probably the best and most enjoyed gift he ever got me. Later on when I shot PB rifles, a lot of them, I decided to re-examine my interest in airguns. Certain things attracted me to them: for one there is the ability to shoot in the backyard (awesome)...two I always loved the physics of them. The fact that the mechanical nature mixed with the pneumatic science really is both fun and, for me, makes sense on an enjoyable level that makes tinkering and tuning a fun hobby beyond the range time (much more enjoyable than cleaning solvents). I think also I like the American aspect of airguns. It really is an all American sport. It hasn't been made too political yet (though I know it will as per a conversation I just had with my local Warden) and people from all walks of life can sit down and enjoy it. Really fun. Really cheap. Great way to sit down with your Dad or a friend. Heck, great way to spend your time.

Dude for a construction worker you're all over the place, Gilbert, Arizona, Huntington Beach, San Luis Obispo... lol I thought I traveled a lot.