N/A Why Airguns ? Why is the hook so deep in many of us ?

I just wanted to ask the forum members why they are so deep into this sport/ hobby

For me I was introduced by my cousin Sal. We’d visit when I was a child and ole Sal was a redneck at heart.
He Introduced me to marlin tube fed .22lr and some powerful pellet and BB guns

So the seed was planted and heck I can shoot airguns every day in my yard

I’m 13 PCPs deep now. Progressed from the springer format to the pcp

Lately I shoot every day. Still hooked
What is your experience? How did you get hooked ?

Psychological analysis is encouraged here……

Last edited:
I simply can't afford to feed my fire breathing dragons ... the rest dives right into individual rights, defense, and politics which shall not be spoken on this forum. Its also sweet to have a whisper quiet and properly used airgun right in the backyard and or basement for plinking or pest control. No, I don't shoot pests indoors ... yet ;)

Why does a guy with a $54,000.00 bass boat go out a year later and buy a $71.000 bass boat that is a different color . ? Because .

I talked to 3 guys in the UK and they all have one gun and do not get another unless this one breaks and too expensive to fix . So why do i have many ? Because .
Because i want it , 'cause it looks nicer or different , 'cause it is different caliber .
OR just because

It all begun with cheap Chinese brake barrel springer that my father bought. He is hunter and powder burner man.
I think that I was around 12 y/o. Did not shoot a lot then but that gun is still alive.
A few years ago I looked at local gun shop web store and decided to buy myself modern springer. Underlever.
Started watching air gun videos from YT and about year later (2021) I bought FX Dreamline Tactical. My sister lives in Sweden and came to visit me in summer and brought the gun with her. Been tinkering and tuning the FX few years.
There is something about winter/early spring on every year. There is something that starts itching...
January 2023 I couldn't get the itching under control and bought my next air gun, Snowpeak P35. Nice little powerhouse.
Now it is itching again...looking to buy AirMaks KRAIT L.

And not to mention optics and bi-pods and accessories...

Airgun stuff playlist

Last edited:
Accuracy, price of ammo, lack of noise, able to legally shoot on my urban property as long as the projectile doesn't leave my property, eliminate pests effectively and quietly......what am I leaving out? OH, accuracy.
This does a good job of summing it up. And though I am unable to shoot legally on my property, I can do it pretty much undetected. That, and for people like me who reside in the People’s Republic of California, who continually labor under the heavy boot of tyranny, it’s nice to acquire things that expel projectiles without having to deal with onerous regulations (at least not yet).

Because I feel like a navy seal sniper every time I shot with mines…👍😊💪

IMG_6450.png

IMG_8269.jpeg

Last edited:
I took a while to ponder your question & guess what, I still can't put my finger on it. Maybe because the airguns I grew up with couldn't compare nor even come close to the accuracy & build quality of today's guns. Been shooting PCP's for 7 years now & though I'm well acquainted with how precise they are, every time the pellet goes EXACTLY where I intend it to go SOME expletive or other comes out of my mouth! It just still amazes me that AIR can make our guns do what they do!!! The thrill is  NOT gone! Maybe it's my nature to be drawn to things that require a lot of associated equipment too. Why be a guitarist & have 2 things to carry (guitar & amp) when you can be a drummer & have 8 cases to carry!!! :unsure: 🤪

Last edited:
I've always had an airgun, Red Rider, 760, 2440, a few early Chi-com guns, Prowler then Covid...

I was shooting PB's for decades, cowboy, 3 gun, long range, an enormous reloading setup, no idea how many rounds each year, always shooting.

I stopped cold once primers were no longer available and turned to PCP. Been there ever since. I think this will be a permanent change, no primers, no reloading, no PB's.

.223, $0.46 a shot
.22LR, $.05 a shot
.22 CPHP, $0.014 a shot

Financially, it's a no brainer.

Last edited:
Before air guns, I would shoot sometimes once a week, but usually far less than that.

Since I got my first PCP, I can shoot every day that I am at home, not disturb any neighbors, and not break the bank on ammo.
Even factoring in the buckets of cash that I have spent on airguns, and support equipment, I am still ahead of the game if I caluclate the same number of shots if I had fired that many on my conventional firearms.

Plus, it is fun to get a dime sized group shooting pellets out to 85 yards

The hunter instinct,we hunt for more game to fill our camp-home, our cavemen and women instinct needs to be fed; We are hunters, we hunt ; more game is better for our community, so nowadays, we hunt for ourselves, we want to be King hunters,to feel better we end up collecting, by collecting we feel superior in our minds.
We do not even realize it,then one day you look around and say to yourself, wow I have not shot this gun in such a long time.
The truth can hurt you if you are in denial;Truth is you do not need more than 24 springers,14 pistols and 23 PCPs:ROFLMAO:

I just wanted to ask the forum members why they are so deep into this sport/ hobby

For me I was introduced by my cousin Sal. We’d visit when I was a child and ole Sal was a redneck at heart.
He Introduced me to marlin tube fed .22lr and some powerful pellet and BB guns

So the seed was planted and heck I can shoot airguns every day in my yard

I’m 13 PCPs deep now. Progressed from the springer format for the pcp

Lately I shoot every day. Still hooked
What is your experience? How did you get hooked ?

Psychological analysis is encouraged here……
Man oooo man I went down the rabbit hole badddd. I just got it too this crazy game of airguns. And I love it …I get to shoot everyday and it doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg to do. But with that being said I spent 20000 and going lol

• Wow
Reactions: Gumby31 and Perle
The hunter instinct,we hunt for more game to fill our camp-home, our cavemen and women instinct needs to be fed; We are hunters, we hunt ; more game is better for our community, so nowadays, we hunt for ourselves, we want to be King hunters,to feel better we end up collecting, by collecting we feel superior in our minds.
We do not even realize it,then one day you look around and say to yourself, wow I have not shot this gun in such a long time.
The truth can hurt you if you are in denial;Truth is you do not need more than 24 springers,14 pistols and 23 PCPs:ROFLMAO:
Yes yes more my friend love it

Reactions: Gumby31