• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I would love to have a .17 cal that shoots the 16gr pellets at 1000 fps,.....one mean Hog killer there.
Ted Holdover has a video of him testing a HW100 .177 shooting a little over a 1000 fps and proved it was just a little hot for good pellet stabilization. A .25 at 750-800 fps would be a much better hog killer. Speed will never beat mass when you need it.
tim

Ted Holdover has a video of him testing a HW100 .177 shooting a little over a 1000 fps and proved it was just a little hot for good pellet stabilization. A .25 at 750-800 fps would be a much better hog killer. Speed will never beat mass when you need it.
tim
My friend, been hunting Big hogs for over a decade and a half with airguns, ...you give me a .17 cal shooting a 16gr pellet 900-1000 fps i will take down any hog out there.

I would have never guessed they could put down a hog. Maybe my next gun will be a .177 i went with the .30 impact 2 i just wanted fire power for fun.
Here is a video downing a decent size young boar with a Disco .177 at 17 FPE

With a .17 cal shooting a 16gr pellet 900-1000 fps i would take down any hog, any.

I totally agree, I don’t remember the name of the guy but way back when in the 2000’s there was some dude shooting a Gamo springer with PBA ammo. Something like a 7 grain pellet, and this guy killed tons of pigs. And that rifle I believe (I might be wrong) shot a 7 grain PBA at 1400 fps, and he dropped everything.

Does anyone else remember this guy???

I totally agree, I don’t remember the name of the guy but way back when in the 2000’s there was some dude shooting a Gamo springer with PBA ammo. Something like a 7 grain pellet, and this guy killed tons of pigs. And that rifle I believe (I might be wrong) shot a 7 grain PBA at 1400 fps, and he dropped everything.

Does anyone else remember this guy???
Problem with those promotional videos is that you don't know how many he screwed up before getting one.

Heard horror stories from insiders even when they where trying to get videos of kills with the Benjamin Rouge

To me the two advantages of my 177 over my 22s and 25s are the greater number of shots per fill and improved safety. My 177 (P35) likes 10.65 grain pellets and spits them out at just under 900 fps. It will get nearly 100 shots per 250 bar fill of it's 265cc tube. That's close to double what it's 22 caliber brother gets. The maximum range of it's pellets is also about half the 22.

For brain shots, my initial results say my 177 is every bit as capable as my bigger caliber, higher fpe, airguns. Body shots also work but seem to take a bit more time, a few extra seconds. But I need to shoot some more with it to be sure. Two of my brain shots continued on into the body and went nearly the length of the squirrel. Clearly there is enough penetration.