Whose excited for EBR 2022?!!!

Sure wish something like this was closer to me. (heavy sigh) Until these competitions are made available to people like me, it will always be a non-event for the majority of airguners.

It is all about the money. Who has it and who doesn't. Talk about the elite...

Sorry, I just call them as I see them.

Good luck to all who can afford to go to this one!

Last edited:
Reactions: uglymike
There is a separate springer division for the 50 yd benchrest event. $1000 prize for first and awards out to 5th. AOA keeps bringing it back despite the fact that virtually no one shoots it. There were 6 shooters in that event last year (myself included).

That's the thing. People always ask these types of questions but then when there ARE classes available they are unpopular. The events that draw numbers are long distance, high power, precision events. Pushing the envelope on power and distance seems to be whats in demand at these events.

Even within PCPs, you have a lot of guys who shoot low cost rigs and do WELL. Eydin Hansen famously made the BR finals with an Umarex Gauntlet (Gen 1) back in 2019. Pretty sure someone shooting an AEA made the BR final at RMAC. Last year, I took 2nd place in the PRO (sponsored) speed silhouette division with my 20 year old AA S400 shooting 18 gr JSBs at 800 fps. I bought that gun for $250 and until last year I ran it with a Leapers 4-16. Took two 3rd and two 4th place finishes at the PAC speed event with that setup.

For the vast majority of my shooting career, I was a broke ass college student. I 100% understand your frustration over all these high dollar rig's. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is.

For some events, I would agree that you need a top end rig to stand any sort of a chance. For others? Like 50 yd BR and speed silo? I think you can do very well without a Delta Wolf or Impact.

Find a nice rifle, practice, compete and repeat until you get the result you want. That's the formula. You can hang with the "professionals" if you do that. Its how I went from "just some kid" shooting inexpensive PCPs from the 90's to an Air Arms and Hawke prostaffer.

Happy shooting!!
had no idea springers were even allowed on the property, it's all PCP all the time on any videos

We shoot springers at EBR, Bring it on, the more the merrier !

EBR-50-Spring-Low-1024x722.jpeg

I suspect that there might also be some really cool demos, like there was last year, and that is one of the things I am most excited about. Having attended Shot Show this last year in 2021, I can say that between Shot and EBR I would easily pick the latter being that it is exclusively airgun related, and the demo time last year was substantial and that, of course, making friends there affords you the access to try new equipment as well. Stopping by as a spectator is one heck of a good time if anyone is thinking ya or nay about it.

I suspect that there might also be some really cool demos, like there was last year, and that is one of the things I am most excited about. Having attended Shot Show this last year in 2021, I can say that between Shot and EBR I would easily pick the latter being that it is exclusively airgun related, and the demo time last year was substantial and that, of course, making friends there affords you the access to try new equipment as well. Stopping by as a spectator is one heck of a good time if anyone is thinking ya or nay about it.
Last year Team Centercut was running the shooting demos at the big bore range Friday and Saturday. We'll be doing that again this year where people can look at the cool new guns and shoot them also. Stop by and say hello.

Team Centercut small logo.jpg

This event is welcome to everyone regardless of skill level, even if you don't have a gun to use arrangements will be made for you. The demo tables usually always have plenty of different brand airguns to try out. The raffle prizes and food is always over the top and the chances of walking away with a prize is high. Participants use just about every brand and powerplant of airgun on the market, even some vintage ones. We have shooters from all over the world who attend this event every year, many of these people become like family.I plan to film more of the regular guy shooters this year as I feel that's what may attract more new competitors. You definitely don't need to be a professional to attend or participate in this event. The guest speaker this year will be Cody Lunden who is best known for his appearance on the show Dual Survivor. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and my friends who live overseas that I've missed.