Whose excited for EBR 2022?!!!

100%

See you there!

From 2021 EBR:
IMG_20211008_111658038_HDR.jpg
IMG_20211008_122819736.jpg
IMG_20211007_132229332_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the springers? Is this just for the professional industry insiders who are sponsored? Do any of these people shoot a rig worth less than $5000?
I believe there is a springer division for the Benchrest discipline and Speed discipline. You'd have a hard time knocking down steel on the EFT course (out to 100y).

Where's the springers? Is this just for the professional industry insiders who are sponsored? Do any of these people shoot a rig worth less than $5000?
Of course! Many shoot under 1k! It isn't about the rig but the shooter. As for why most are more expensive than 1k, you are looking at serious competitors that invest in their hobby of choice. Sure there are sailboats under 1k, but if you are a serious sailer likely you've invested 10-20k....Put in perspective of other hobbies, 2-5k is a small investment for the level of fun people have. But of course more affordable airguns are shot. Last year I saw a Gauntlet 2 and a Hammer being shot, for example, and both of those are budget airguns.

Reactions: tibor
People have shot rigs that cost $15k only to have the wind beat them, you need to know the dope. It isn't clear where the best trade off is so people put in more money. I think of these EBR style events like F1 racing, some specific rules, but, otherwise unlimited. Bring your best if you want 1st Place, which typically means the best equipment, the best shooters and practice, all of which require money. Not just an American thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peskådot671
IMG_20211008_131531222_HDR.jpg

Here is a pic of @Scotchmo shooting a Diana I believe (custom and from what I recall at 20fpe of something really low power like that).
IMG_20211007_135912593_HDR.jpg

Here is an AEA Challenged in 357 I believe (also under 1k). Also, there is that Noor Sabbath guy aka The Dollar Sportsman being true to his name (shows up everywhere that one). This photo was taken at the Big Bore event.

I believe @thammer could be competing with an entry level airgun this year as well, but I will have to confirm with him.

There is a separate springer division for the 50 yd benchrest event. $1000 prize for first and awards out to 5th. AOA keeps bringing it back despite the fact that virtually no one shoots it. There were 6 shooters in that event last year (myself included).

That's the thing. People always ask these types of questions but then when there ARE classes available they are unpopular. The events that draw numbers are long distance, high power, precision events. Pushing the envelope on power and distance seems to be whats in demand at these events.

Even within PCPs, you have a lot of guys who shoot low cost rigs and do WELL. Eydin Hansen famously made the BR finals with an Umarex Gauntlet (Gen 1) back in 2019. Pretty sure someone shooting an AEA made the BR final at RMAC. Last year, I took 2nd place in the PRO (sponsored) speed silhouette division with my 20 year old AA S400 shooting 18 gr JSBs at 800 fps. I bought that gun for $250 and until last year I ran it with a Leapers 4-16. Took two 3rd and two 4th place finishes at the PAC speed event with that setup.

For the vast majority of my shooting career, I was a broke ass college student. I 100% understand your frustration over all these high dollar rig's. Unfortunately, that's just the way it is.

For some events, I would agree that you need a top end rig to stand any sort of a chance. For others? Like 50 yd BR and speed silo? I think you can do very well without a Delta Wolf or Impact.

Find a nice rifle, practice, compete and repeat until you get the result you want. That's the formula. You can hang with the "professionals" if you do that. Its how I went from "just some kid" shooting inexpensive PCPs from the 90's to an Air Arms and Hawke prostaffer.

Happy shooting!!

Last edited:
There is a separate springer division for the 50 yd benchrest event. $1000 prize for first and awards out to 5th. AOA keeps bringing it back despite the fact that virtually no one shoots it. There were 6 shooters in that event last year (myself included).

That's the thing. People always ask these types of questions but then when there ARE classes available they are unpopular. The events that draw numbers are long distance, high power, precision events. Pushing the envelope on power and distance seems to be whats in demand at these events.

Even within PCPs, you have a lot of guys who shoot low cost rigs and do WELL. Pretty sure someone shooting an AEA made the BR final at RMAC. Last year, I took 2nd place in the PRO (sponsored) speed silhouette division with my 20 year old AA S400 shooting 18 gr JSBs at 800 fps. I bought that gun for $250 and until last year I ran it with a Leapers 4-16. Took two 3rd and two 4th place finishes at the PAC speed event with that setup.

Find a nice rifle, practice, compete and repeat until you get the result you want. That's the formula. You can hang with the "professionals" if you do that. Its how I went from "just some kid" shooting inexpensive PCPs from the 90's to an Air Arms and Hawke prostaffer.

Happy shooting!!
Couldn't agree more Nic. Thanks for the solid input!

Reactions: Centercut
I wish there were more of these around the country. When you live over 2000 miles away, it is cost prohibitive. I am hoping that the P A cup will come back next year. At least that one is somewhat affordable for me.
Take a look at the Extreme Field Target events happening in different states. @Centercut can illuminate better than I on the events being started now, but I believe those would be equally fun and fit into the EBR competition at the end of the year.

True, we currently have Extreme Field Target in AZ, OR, TX and UT. They each have periodic matches throughout the year, and one two-day GP event that counts for points towards the National Championship finals at the EFT at EBR in AZ early October. We are looking at expanding EFT to other airgun clubs across the USA, Ohio looks good for next year and a few other locations. EFT is similar to regular AAFTA FT but with less rules, higher power (up to 100FPE), and further distances (25 to 100 yards). Everyone that has tried it has liked it and wanted more. Give it a try if possible, you won't be disappointed.