Who’s thinking about going to North East Airgun Classic

Hello fellow Airheads! Let me chime in here and try to answer some of the questions we are seeing about NAC.

So the 100 yard bench will have all brand new benches which Sig Sauer is building as we speak. The benches will be under the cover of a large, HD tent. As far as the 2 card qualifier goes, the logistics of processing a large number of shooters is difficult and limited to the number of hours we have to shoot. We needed to decide on a lower number of shooters and 2 card qualifier or a higher number of shooters and a single qualifier. It's a difficult choice and trust us we are still grinding over it. If there are a significant number of bench-only shooters that would attend simply because of the additional qualifier then we could possibly adjust for it. Please let us know your thoughts from the bench only guys!

As far as the current event goes we want everyone to be active and enjoy the event. It honestly is why we are doing this. To have some fun and maybe win some prize money. We set up the event so that there is always something going on. In addition to the 100 bench and PRS there will be a demo shoot set up by Sig Air where competitors will be able to go through the COF set up by Sig to demo some of their air rifles and possibly pistols. Its something fun to do during the "downtime". There will be dozens of vendors that shooters can visit and check out their air gun goodies. There is also Sig Sauer's unbelievable pro shop and museum that everyone can check out. If you haven't been trust me it's badass!

The prize money is at $30,000 and as we bring on more sponsors (more being added daily) the pot will grow. We are not trying to hide anything but have not posted a final number because we know it will go up.

Guys, we want this to be a fun event that the east coast shooters can come to and test their skills against some of the best airgun shooters in the world. Have we figured everything thing out perfectly? Absolutely not. But we are giving it our all. Will we be able to please everyone? Probably not but again we are giving it our best. There is a HUGE amount of effort to pull off a large-scale event like this! Please please please feel free to reach out to us with your ideas and suggestions and we will honestly have a look at them collectively and try to make this something very special for everyone.

In the end my fellow airheads we are giving our all to pull this off. It is a monumental task and the best way any competitors can help is to support the event and register to shoot.

Sincerely,

John French
Northeast Airguns

Looking at their map I don’t see a covered 100 yard range or benches setup on any of their ranges. Maybe a (b.y.o.b) event. Bring your own bench. I’m about 35 minutes away. I’ll try to swing in and see what they are planning to setup for the 100 yard benchrest competition.
We will have a covered area with 20 brand-new benches being built by Sig Sauer as we speak. (y)

Reactions: F-classmike
As a traditional BR shooter I want to see someone hold a 100y Benchrest tournament that uses at least 3 cards, bench rotation, and aggregate scoring to decide the winner. 6 cards would be a lot better.

If the match is intended to be fun for everyone…I certainly understand why that will not be considered. That’s ok. I appreciate you answering my question from the other threads.

Mike

Thanks for your encouraging words. I have no delusions about how I'm likely to shoot. Just watching a Matt Dubber vid right now at a 100 yard bench rest match with world class shooters in South Africa. He just commented that no one has ever broken a 240/250 score at 100 yards, never mind a perfect score. I noticed they are all PCP's.

Since it's in April I can certainly make sure everything is set up. Over the winter I intend to figure the best pellet for it. I can do that at home on my 10m basement range. Getting out to my gun club for longer work is going to be iffy based on New England winter. I've never shot more than 50 yards with an airgun and the wind is going to wreak havoc with pellets at 100. Hope they have a springer category. Regards
Hey man we'd love you to out and test your 100 yard skills! Although we don't have a springer class you can compete with one. 100 yard bench with a pcp is a wicked challenge but its a ton of fun! Having been to a couple of RMAC comps the wind is a challenge but it can be shot in. We'd love to have you compete!

You guy's saying your not a PRS shooter really should give it a try ! I am old,fat and out of shape(glad I'm so good looking!) and did the PRS style event at EBR last year and had a BLAST . I won't ever win 1 but you can bet I will enter up every time I get a chance !
absolutely!!!!!!!

we have two classes like many other competitions around the county. Its all based around fun and accessibility in the pro and sportsman classes.

I'm honestly on the fence on this. 4 days is a lot of time to ditch the family, but as I'll likely never get to the out west shoots, I am interested. I was thinking I'd only be able to do the 100 yard as Sportsman as my experience is pretty low past 50 yards.

Can you give some more details on the PRS? I see range from 25 to 180 yards. But what type of targets are we shooting at here? I've never done anything like it before so any info is appreciated. Is it target shooting, hitting a plate, etc?

Thanks.

Reactions: woogie_man
I'm honestly on the fence on this. 4 days is a lot of time to ditch the family, but as I'll likely never get to the out west shoots, I am interested. I was thinking I'd only be able to do the 100 yard as Sportsman as my experience is pretty low past 50 yards.

Can you give some more details on the PRS? I see range from 25 to 180 yards. But what type of targets are we shooting at here? I've never done anything like it before so any info is appreciated. Is it target shooting, hitting a plate, etc?

Thanks.
Hey @ctshooter,

The PRS / PSC part of the event will be a little different from the pro to the sportsman class. We will have target ranges that are a little closer and are all steel plates in the sportsman class (timed as well). Not to give too much away but we have some classics in the PRS / NRL22 world and we have some regional themes (wont say too much more about this). The majority of the shooting will be from supported and unsupported shooting positions and on a couple of them we have some accessibility alterations if need be. If you or anyone have any other questions don't hesitate to reach out. We are all about being accessible to newer and pro shooters alike!!!!!

Thanks
Chris PSC (PRS style) event coordinator

I am trying to work a few things out to get out there from ND. Should be a fun time, and honestly the first time I will have done anything like this.

The benchrest will only be 100 yards correct? Trying to decide which rifles I need to bring for everything. And I have to ask.... what is the Squach shoot?
HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!
Yes the benchrest is 100yards.
The SquatchBOMB will be sort of a secret until we get closer. All I can say is have those airguns tuned for a little bit of a lob!!!!

Thanks
Chris PSC (PRS style) event coordinator

Hello fellow Airheads! Let me chime in here and try to answer some of the questions we are seeing about NAC.

So the 100 yard bench will have all brand new benches which Sig Sauer is building as we speak. The benches will be under the cover of a large, HD tent. As far as the 2 card qualifier goes, the logistics of processing a large number of shooters is difficult and limited to the number of hours we have to shoot. We needed to decide on a lower number of shooters and 2 card qualifier or a higher number of shooters and a single qualifier. It's a difficult choice and trust us we are still grinding over it. If there are a significant number of bench-only shooters that would attend simply because of the additional qualifier then we could possibly adjust for it. Please let us know your thoughts from the bench only guys!

As far as the current event goes we want everyone to be active and enjoy the event. It honestly is why we are doing this. To have some fun and maybe win some prize money. We set up the event so that there is always something going on. In addition to the 100 bench and PRS there will be a demo shoot set up by Sig Air where competitors will be able to go through the COF set up by Sig to demo some of their air rifles and possibly pistols. Its something fun to do during the "downtime". There will be dozens of vendors that shooters can visit and check out their air gun goodies. There is also Sig Sauer's unbelievable pro shop and museum that everyone can check out. If you haven't been trust me it's badass!

The prize money is at $30,000 and as we bring on more sponsors (more being added daily) the pot will grow. We are not trying to hide anything but have not posted a final number because we know it will go up.

Guys, we want this to be a fun event that the east coast shooters can come to and test their skills against some of the best airgun shooters in the world. Have we figured everything thing out perfectly? Absolutely not. But we are giving it our all. Will we be able to please everyone? Probably not but again we are giving it our best. There is a HUGE amount of effort to pull off a large-scale event like this! Please please please feel free to reach out to us with your ideas and suggestions and we will honestly have a look at them collectively and try to make this something very special for everyone.

In the end my fellow airheads we are giving our all to pull this off. It is a monumental task and the best way any competitors can help is to support the event and register to shoot.

Sincerely,

John French
Northeast Airguns
Looks like it'll be a good event! Thanks for taking this on, I know it's not easy.

I'd someday like to see a National 100Y BR (pellet) Championship, but there doesn't seem to be enough interest in doing nothing but shooting 100Y cards for 3 days. Shooting two cards to make the finals isn't ideal, but it's about as fair as possible in the time allotted.

We have a big event in Oregon the week after this, so many of us out West won't be there... :(

Reactions: North East Airguns
The 100y BR match was written as 1 card match at first….then changed to 2 qualifying and one final. Now it’s 1 qualifying and 1 final. Doesn’t seem like it’s really figured out yet. I was hoping it would be a multi card aggregate score BR event. Im not interested in PRS or any squatchbomb….whatever that might be.
Exactly. I want to shoot true BR if I’m going to compete.

Hey man we'd love you to out and test your 100 yard skills! Although we don't have a springer class you can compete with one. 100 yard bench with a pcp is a wicked challenge but its a ton of fun! Having been to a couple of RMAC comps the wind is a challenge but it can be shot in. We'd love to have you compete!
OK, Thanks for the info. Hopefully there will be a few others shooting springers. If everyone is shooting PCP's I can also bring one. Will play it by ear.

Reactions: North East Airguns