Who’s thinking about going to North East Airgun Classic

I'll go, less than an hour from me. Hopefully there'll be some vendors there. If they have springer categories I may enter a march with my TX200. The 100 yard BR competition is pellets only per the website. I won't come close to winning but I'd love to try it. Used to compete hi power rifle (many) years ago, would be my first with an airgun.

Definitely looking at going and bringing my daughter with me; she loves to shoot and shoots well for a 13 year old. I would only compete in BR as well since I can’t run around and do PRS; the old body is done.
Would like to see vendors and also meet with some fellow members. Its about an hour and 1/2 drive so thats not bad at all.

Would like to, but $2K+ to shoot two events isn't really worth it. Plus the first time a big event like this is run it’s bound to be a semi cluster fu3k at best.
I’ll watch the vids and read the reports from the first year and think about it for next year.
Traveling all that way to shoot two events in two days plus a final Sunday seems like a lot of dead time. Like Monte said, they could have thrown in an EFT event, a Speed event and perhaps an N50 event.
Might as well make it four days since with three days you still need to take off work.
Plus having an actual non-final event Sunday morning prior to the finals just wastes everyone’s time and makes it hard to travel on Sunday afternoon if desired.
Come to think of it, whatever happened to the Pyramyd Air Cup?

Last edited:
The 100y BR match was written as 1 card match at first….then changed to 2 qualifying and one final. Now it’s 1 qualifying and 1 final. Doesn’t seem like it’s really figured out yet. I was hoping it would be a multi card aggregate score BR event. Im not interested in PRS or any squatchbomb….whatever that might be.

Following... I'd be very surprised if any of the hard core N50 (only) guys attend, since its 100Y Pellet in the BR category, and 250's won't be happening. I'll be VERY surprised if anyone breaks 235 in the finals... As we've been told over and over again here on AGN, 100Y BR with pellets depends way too much on luck, and true precision BR shooters would NEVER shoot 100Y BR with pellets. :oops: Maybe a few have changed their opinions?
I would like to see the $30K prize layout, seems that's a secret?

Last edited:
Following... I'd be very surprised if any of the hard core N50 (only) guys attend, since its 100Y Pellet in the BR category, and 250's won't be happening. I'll be VERY surprised if anyone breaks 235 in the finals... As we've been told over and over again here on AGN, 100Y BR with pellets depends way too much on luck, and true precision BR shooters would NEVER shoot 100Y BR with pellets. :oops: Maybe a few have changed their opinions?
I would like to see the $30K prize layout, seems that's a secret?
It would be fun for a bunch of us lower tier shooters to give it a try just for fun. Back in the 90's and early 2000's I used to shoot high power with an M! and M14 at a bunch of local shoots. No Camp Perry contenters I can tell you but it gave us a chance to get into it without going all out. I think it would be the right thinking to treat the 100 yard pellet shoot the same way. If you can shoot 1-2MOA at 50 yards with an air gun going to 100 is feasible unless the wind is insane.

Tried to find evidence of an actual benchrest range there…but nothing so far.
Hopefully someone from the east coast could chim in to help us decide if were going
Looking at their map I don’t see a covered 100 yard range or benches setup on any of their ranges. Maybe a (b.y.o.b) event. Bring your own bench. I’m about 35 minutes away. I’ll try to swing in and see what they are planning to setup for the 100 yard benchrest competition.

I'll go, less than an hour from me. Hopefully there'll be some vendors there. If they have springer categories I may enter a march with my TX200. The 100 yard BR competition is pellets only per the website. I won't come close to winning but I'd love to try it. Used to compete hi power rifle (many) years ago, would be my first with an airgun.

Do it man, it's a hoot your first time.
Prep for it, but do not get your expectations too keyed up and you will have a blast.

If you do go and try it, you will at least get a feel for the learning curve and can decide if you wish to pursue it further.

I also started in NRA comps shooting service rifle with an M1A in the early 90s

Do it man, it's a hoot your first time.
Prep for it, but do not get your expectations too keyed up and you will have a blast.

If you do go and try it, you will at least get a feel for the learning curve and can decide if you wish to pursue it further.

I also started in NRA comps shooting service rifle with an M1A in the early 90s
Thanks for your encouraging words. I have no delusions about how I'm likely to shoot. Just watching a Matt Dubber vid right now at a 100 yard bench rest match with world class shooters in South Africa. He just commented that no one has ever broken a 240/250 score at 100 yards, never mind a perfect score. I noticed they are all PCP's.

Since it's in April I can certainly make sure everything is set up. Over the winter I intend to figure the best pellet for it. I can do that at home on my 10m basement range. Getting out to my gun club for longer work is going to be iffy based on New England winter. I've never shot more than 50 yards with an airgun and the wind is going to wreak havoc with pellets at 100. Hope they have a springer category. Regards

Reactions: North East Airguns