• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who's slugs do you prefer to use?

I stick with the most commonly available slugs in the US: NSA, H&N, and ZAN. I've tried reaching out to AVS on several occasions, both on the phone and in email to only radio silence, so they must be out of business. No need to place and order if no one is home. I've tried Griffen and Mr. Hollowpoints to only lackluster performance. The custom makers are much more expensive. In my experience the "big three" are the only ones to do business with. Their products deliver with a price point similar to pellet prices.

I was a longtime NSA fan for awhile, but now I have superior results using the FX Hybrid Slugs out of my FX Maverick VP .30cal. The .30cal have been utterly devastating on groundhogs!

Left To Right: FX Hybrid Slug .30cal, a recovered FX Hybrid Slug .30cal after a groundhog full passthrough, FX Hybrid Slug .357cal for size reference.
20220710_183357.jpg

20220710_183516.jpg

I stick with the most commonly available slugs in the US: NSA, H&N, and ZAN. I've tried reaching out to AVS on several occasions, both on the phone and in email to only radio silence, so they must be out of business. No need to place and order if no one is home. I've tried Griffen and Mr. Hollowpoints to only lackluster performance. The custom makers are much more expensive. In my experience the "big three" are the only ones to do business with. Their products deliver with a price point similar to pellet prices.
Nope alive and kicking. Leave a message I always answer every email and phone message.