N/A Whos running a safepac?

How many of you have converted a co2 gun over to pcp via a safepac? I've had a few 2240s, but I decided to toss one in the 2260 shorty I built. I had the maker cut the end down to 1/2" so it just looks like a fill cap on the end. I get about 14 shots at 525-550 fps with FTTs. It only has a 12" Prod barrel in there, so that's why the velocity is low. It stacks the 5.53mm FTTs at 20 yards so that's all I ask of it. Already smacked 2 starlings this morning with it.

1000007387.jpg

I also had to tap the transfer port with an 8-32 set screw and drill that out to 3/32" to get a stable shot string. Otherwise it was in the 700s for a couple shots and then fell off like a rock.

I do have a discovery valve set I will eventually put in the gun to get more power and shots, but it's so quiet at 10 fpe that I might leave it. The trigger is stiff though, since the spring is a .045" wire and cranked to the max. Cocking is stiff too. That'd be corrected with the Disco valves. Only running such high pressure to get the shot count up.

The seller on eBay lied to me several times and then it hit me. He's saying anything just to get them sold.
I did ask how many shots at 12 fpe I would get. He told me 24, but I knew better. I did think I would get more than 14 at 10 fpe though. I can't get a steady tune of 10 shots at even 12, which would be fine since I have 10 shot mags.

I emailed Don Cothran about a tube setup for discovery valves. Hopefully he still makes them. I don't feel like drilling this 2260 tube for the screws, and it also has the roll stamping which is a pressure limiter.