• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who's Making Food Plots this year?

Hunting season ends but food plots are year round for me. I've been implementing food plots on my semi rural property for your 3 years. I have enjoyed them and the wildlife immensely. Some summer favorites for all game are black oil sunflowers!!! I usually buy the black oil sunflower seed for bird feed at Rural king 50 pound bags. My winter fields are currently in rye and red clover. My place has changed so much for the better having quality food. On a limited budget you can plant a acre or more pretty cheap without much equipment. Nitrogen prices are really high now. A hack I'm using for cheap nitrogen is liquid DEF fluid. $10 for 2.5 gal its pure urea nitrogen more pure than agriculture grade. Can be applied with sprayer pretty easy. For lime I used plot start this year and it was super easy and worked. I'm limited on finances and semi hand cap. With a quad and sprayer and cheap broadcast spreader I can plant a few acres of plots. If your thinking about it please try plots.. Words of encouragement to fellow sportsman and wildlife enthusiasts good day friends

Hunting season ends but food plots are year round for me. I've been implementing food plots on my semi rural property for your 3 years. I have enjoyed them and the wildlife immensely. Some summer favorites for all game are black oil sunflowers!!! I usually buy the black oil sunflower seed for bird feed at Rural king 50 pound bags. My winter fields are currently in rye and red clover. My place has changed so much for the better having quality food. On a limited budget you can plant a acre or more pretty cheap without much equipment. Nitrogen prices are really high now. A hack I'm using for cheap nitrogen is liquid DEF fluid. $10 for 2.5 gal its pure urea nitrogen more pure than agriculture grade. Can be applied with sprayer pretty easy. For lime I used plot start this year and it was super easy and worked. I'm limited on finances and semi hand cap. With a quad and sprayer and cheap broadcast spreader I can plant a few acres of plots. If your thinking about it please try plots.. Words of encouragement to fellow sportsman and wildlife enthusiasts good day friends
In the summer do you have irrigation ?