• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Who's into LPVO's?

I just found these affordable Atibal X 1-10×30 FFP scopes that have nearly every function and power level needed for airgun ranges, except for the beloved parallax adjustment. Having just talked to Atibal's sales staff, I also discovered that every year after they come out with an optic with a new feature and display it at the trade shows, the next year Vortex will come out with the same scope features (after their sales reps visit the Atibal booth and finger the scopes all up).

https://atibal-optics.com/products/atibal-x-1-10x35-ffp#

With regard to parallax and focusing I did find, through my use of them, that even though the LPVO's are usually fixed parallax, at lower power levels they do focus down to close range. Though you are not going to see the cellulose grain of a cardboard box with the lower power, you will see the reticle and target clearly. It is only at high magnification levels and looking at close-range targets that they do not focus clearly. We airgun enthusiasts like to play with high power at closer ranges, so parallax is important to us. But it also has to be adjusted constantly when going between targets at any range to stay in clear focus. That could be a real hindrance to use in a true hunting situation whether it be for meat or a trophy for the wall. I have come to like being able to come on target by simply throwing the power lever to what level I want to see at and hold over for the yardage or, alternatively, to throw the power lever and dial my elevation turret for the yardage.

What's the story on Atibla Optics? There's another unknown scope company. Half a year ago, I had never heard of Barra either.

I tried the Alpha 6 LPVO--1-6x. Was impressed by the reticle, daylight bright illumination and clear glass. A real bargain. However, because there was no parallax adjustment it just wasn't going to work for me at the distances I shoot an air rifle. It was fuzzy at 25 yards. I'm guessing the parallax is fixed at 100.

I'm fairly certain that the Athlon rep told me their newest Ares ETR UHD 1-10 is going to be parallax adjustable, though it does not show it as such on the website. It is one of their top of the line scopes so it is not inexpensive either.

I hope so but haven't heard one way or the other. It was my TOP suggestion for a LPVO! It'll be a big seller in the airgun world if they did put AP on it. 

A March 1-10 is out of my budget for this year because I already bought a March 5-42 in 2020 but I'd replace my Burris 1-8 for a ETR 1-10 with AP - ASAP. Heck I'd sell my 1-4.5 as well.

Hi

This is interesting. I've been recently offered to test a LPVO from Vector Optics. This is the brand new model Continental 34mm FFP 1-6X28. Should you have any experience with this LPVO I would highly appreciate your thoughts. 

Here's the link to this optic: VECTOR OPTICS 34MM CONTINENTAL 1-6X28 FFP RIFLESCOPE

I'm planning to install it on my Leshiy 2 I will share my results soon.