• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Whomever has a vendetta against me please PM me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldair

Sep 24, 2018
Hawaii
I joined this forum because I was told it was the most fun and happening place to be which appeared true in the beginning and really thought I could learn and share my experiences and observations here in a positive and productive manner and try to bring everyones spirits up. I have to tell you that I am not a young man anymore and my physical and mental health is not as good as it should be but I really want to contribute as much as I can and help as many as I can before I die and make a positive impact in this airgun community. I came from a boarder line poor to middle class family and have worked very hard all of my life and often holding 3 to 4 jobs at the same time and managed to save a good amount of money so over the years I have been blessed to afford whatever I wanted and would like to share my first hand experiences whether good or bad which the next enthusiast can benefit from. I really feel that we need a lot more positive energy in this world today. I am spending a lot of money these days because I can't take it with me... I already lost my family so it is only me now...

Thank you for your understanding...

CA

Always read your posts and appreciate them. Haven't noticed the negativity, but there is no place for it on this or any Forum. Have noticed a few armchair experts whose knowledge seems to be derived from internet sources rather than actual experience. Just remember that their vehemence probably just reflects their insecurity and let it go. You cannot argue against ignorance.

Coldair, seems like you have had it rough a bit - I can imagine some comments can get to you - if you let it. 

Local saying here is that if one does not have something positive to contribute, then dont contribute.

in other words, negative comments say more about the person saying it, then about the person or comment it was directed towards.

I have seen many of your posts an found nothing negative in those, contrary I am happy you take part in the discussion (at least you do, I am more of a lurker / reader)

anyways, chin up, dont let others get you down, theres many others that do appreciate your input, views and opinions.

regards, Mike

CA,

I've never heard any negativity from you, or about you. So whatever is going on that offends you must be happening through "back channels". Let me tell you from long experience that, no matter where you go, there will always be those who perceive you in a negative light. And these same people never wish to be alone in their negative view of you. So they promote a negative view of you.....some very subtly, and some not so subtly. Some find it easier to cast others in a negative light in order to cast themselves in a brighter light. They always seek to diminish any other light that outshines their own. They are a permanent and expected portion of EVERY society or group. And, sadly but expectedly, AGN is no exception. My admonition to you is to let your light shine and pay no heed to the lesser lights.

Carry on!

BeemanR7 

Cold Air , Shake it off Man . Everybody here has been slammed at one time or another. Me for Damn Sure :) . Just roll on ,it's a fun forum but there is always gonna be that few who can't find peace . And take it out on other's . 

I remember reading somewhere ....Never read about yourself . Lol . It's the bitter old farts who make time to try and hurt other's . 

There is a sign outside Sweet Springs, Texas which says, "welcome to Sweet Springs, home of 3,021 wonderful people and a few grumpy old farts". Sorry to say but Sweet Springs is no different than any other place in this world. Don't let it get you down CA, you are a valued and important member of this group. All of us are intended to have our own character … to be what no one else is … to have a unique indivisuality about us that cannot be found elsewhere. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. You are not a better person because you are praised, nor are you any worse off if someone denigrates you … you are what you are, and when a man struggles within himself, asks questions about himself, he becomes an item of great value and worth … because what lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are small matters compared with what lies within us.

The whole thing boils down to the ability to be real which is the something that a great many people have trouble with. The greatest treatise on the subject was once written by an old native american soothsayer named Skinhorse who once said, "Real isn't how you are made … it is a thing that happens along the way … when you are real you don't mind being hurt … it's not something that happens all at once … it takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily or have sharp edges or who have been carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are real most of your hair has been loved off … and your eyes drop out … and you get loose in the joints … and sometimes you even get a little shabby lookin' . But these things don't matter none, because once you are real, you can't be ugly except to people who just don't understand.

Apparently there are some people in every group that just don't understand, therefore folks like you and me just need to keep puttin' one foot in front of the other, never look back and just keep living, loving and laughing because we both know that life is a short pony ride.

Shalom Alecheim

John

Leos-Haters.jpg

CA

Keep on doing what you do :)

Matt

Reactions: Coldair
Status
Not open for further replies.