N/A Who makes the quietest gun out of the box?

1702951790838.png

I found my BSA R10 to be backyard friendly right out of the box with the stock moderator. There are options that make it almost silent though.

Reactions: DirtBikeMike07
Hi guys, in relation to my New Neighbor post. I am curious who makes the Quietest rifle out of the box?
Without me having to add an LDC. I am not sure if those are legal here. I am trying to get that answered now.
But just in case I find out they are not. I would like to know which guns are quiet.
It would be terrible to have to buy a new gun. Not! But if that's what I have to do to keep the neighbors happy I will do it!
Looking at AGT guns they seem to have an enormous barrel shroud. I would assume those are pretty quiet. But some of you say the Vulcan 3 has a loud ping.
Hard to tell in a video what it would sound like in real life. My first gen Marauder has a ping but it is not enough to bother me or the neighbors, I think.
What else out there is nice and factory Quiet?
Thanks!
The 1st. Generation Cricket and Agt Vulcan are very back yard friendly, with a suppressor, even better, though not needed

Again, Wow! So many replies. So many guns to consider! Thanks! You folks are a very helpful bunch! I belong to a few forums, Dirt bike, jet ski, 4x4, RC. None of them are as helpful as you guys. Especially for a new guy! This is cool. I lurked here for a long time without posting. Just reading and learning.
Didn't post because I don't know anything! I am learning so much! Thanks.
Backstop, I did not know the Marauder was the standard for quiet. It is the quietest PCP I own. Mine is a .25. All stock 2012.
Picked it up used with some other rifles. I really enjoy it but I wonder how much better it could be with some of the mods mentioned.
Ray PR, that's a nice collection and a beautiful yard!
AlanMcD, I am not really sure I know what I'm after! I like a quiet accurate gun. I only shoot paper and steel targets. Out to 100yds.
But maybe further once I learn to shoot properly at 100. I am just learning how accurate PCP rifles can be.
My recent quest is trying to shoot an MOA group at 100.
I have never done that. I am learning it is not easy to do!
Not even sure if any of my rifles are capable of it. Not sure I am either! Super fun trying though.
I prefer .22 since most of mine are and I have a bunch of pellets in that cal.
I really don't NEED a new gun but you know how that goes! Only my Marauder is what I would now consider neighbor friendly. But like you said, it might not matter.
I am on the fence on buying a newer fancy Quiet gun and selling some old ones or modifying my old ones with regulators, depingers etc and trying to get them to shoot better and more efficiently.
The newest and only regulated guns I own are a wood and plastic Avenger in .22. I got them when they first came out.
Those are shooting the best groups for me so far.
Trying to wrap my head around tuning those has been both fun and frustrating.
I am getting better results mostly, so I guess I am doing it right.
Still not sure if I am supposed to tune the gun for each pellet weight/type, or just tune it with one kind, then try all the others?
I went one way with the plastic one and the other way with the wood one. I set the reg on the plastic one with one of the AEAC tunes and just left it.
The wood one I try and chase around a tune for each pellet. Probably wasting lots of lead but trying to learn too and having fun.
The Avengers were my first PCP's. They were surprisingly loud for a guy coming from brake barrels, pumps and CO2 guns.
The tuning thing has me on the fence too! Do I want one with an externally adjustable reg again or one that shoots out of the box without messing with a regulator. I am not sure yet!
This stuff is all new to me.
Beerthief, I am still trying to find out if moderators are legal here. No reply from the attorney yet. I should just call the sheriff's office and ask them. That's who would show up and I would have to convince them that it is legal. Thet just might call it illegal if they want to and have me argue it with a judge. I don't want that. Trying to play by the rules ya know. I really hope they say it's legal. I have a Rainstorm 30 I consider way to loud for the yard. It makes my ears ring! I have tinnitus now, don't want to make that worse. I don't even shoot that one.
Long Gun Dallas, I have an original 362!
My Air Arms s410 carbine .22 is really quiet at low power settings. Turning it up to shoot 45+ yards makes a lot more noise. I did make some new internal baffles for it. It had 3 small plastic ones. I made 5 using Titanium tube as spacers for steel washers with 1/4 inch holes. That helped, but to me it is still loud.
For the Avengers, the wood one I modified the Donny Fl adaptor to be an air stripper with baffle sections and more holes.
The other got the stock plastic baffle modified like the other one. Again, these things helped but they are still loud compared to the Marauder.
Sorry to ramble on but I have a lot to say and ask! Probably should have started more threads for all these questions but here I am.
Thanks again for all the replies, suggestions and help!

IMG_6113.JPG

My Royale 500 (.25) is just as quiet as the Marauder (.22) I used to own but the QUIETEST one is my Bobcat (.22). I'm assuming a Royale 400 (.22) would be about as quiet as the Bobcat.
Agreed. I have the Royale 400 in .22. With a huggett snipe, it’s not only quiet, the low pitch sounds unlike any other air rifle I’ve heard.