N/A Who makes the quietest gun out of the box?

Hi guys, in relation to my New Neighbor post. I am curious who makes the Quietest rifle out of the box?
Without me having to add an LDC. I am not sure if those are legal here. I am trying to get that answered now.
But just in case I find out they are not. I would like to know which guns are quiet.
It would be terrible to have to buy a new gun. Not! But if that's what I have to do to keep the neighbors happy I will do it!
Looking at AGT guns they seem to have an enormous barrel shroud. I would assume those are pretty quiet. But some of you say the Vulcan 3 has a loud ping.
Hard to tell in a video what it would sound like in real life. My first gen Marauder has a ping but it is not enough to bother me or the neighbors, I think.
What else out there is nice and factory Quiet?
Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: BradAir
It is very hard to beat the spring loaded baffle system that the Crosman/Benjamin airguns offer.

The Marauder is STILL used as a standard all these years since it was first introduced.

I have a Fortitude Gen2 and an Akela in .177 and never have felt the need to add a moderator.

I also have a DAR Gen2 .177 that does OK with quiet, but as the FPS rises, the noise comes up exponentially! Around ~750fps, it compares to Crosman/Benjamin, but as you increase FPS, the noise level increases MUCH more with the DAR as compared with the Crosman/Benjamin.

I think this is due to the Crosman/Benjamin system using baffles that *just* fit and the spring that keeps the baffles aligned and yet, allow expansion of air to happen where it needs to happen. Where a static baffle system (DAR and very loose fitting baffles) can't accommodate the expansion of air nearly as well and can cause clipping if the excessively smaller diameter of the baffles compared to the shroud is not addressed. Oh well... JMHO... (smile)

YMMV

All my best!

Kerry

I own 2 Beeman R7's. Both have just a thump when fired.
Also my quietest PCP is the Kaliber Mutant in .22 cal. The pellet striking the target is about the only sound you will hear.
Between all this pcp airguns the quietest is the Kalibrgun cricket II tactical .60 in .22 cal, as long as its tuned to fire the pellets at no more than 900 fps. If you wanted to make it even more quieter and your country laws allows it, I recommend the Huggett snipe standard moderator. Is the first one from left to right as shown in one of the pics next to the Buck-Rail, the DonnyFL Sumo and FX moderators.

IMG_7523.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

IMG_7908.jpeg

IMG_8048.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6354.png
    IMG_6354.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 16
Having read the full other thread and now knowing what you are really after, I'll say that you are not going to find anything much quieter than the Marauder you already have, at least in the same caliber of the Marauder (which you did not mention). Going down in size would likely make it quieter, and you could always do something to get rid of the ping either with a better depinger or regulating it, possibly tuning it for a bit more efficiency if it has not been adjusted yet, and of course adding a moderator to it. But as far as being quiet without a moderator, you already have pretty close to the limit, at least once tuned for efficiency and depinged . . .

There are going to be other guns mentioned that will be quiet too, but not so much so that it would make a big difference for you. I'd wait and see if it even matters.

Hi guys, in relation to my New Neighbor post. I am curious who makes the Quietest rifle out of the box?
Without me having to add an LDC. I am not sure if those are legal here. I am trying to get that answered now.
But just in case I find out they are not. I would like to know which guns are quiet.
It would be terrible to have to buy a new gun. Not! But if that's what I have to do to keep the neighbors happy I will do it!
Looking at AGT guns they seem to have an enormous barrel shroud. I would assume those are pretty quiet. But some of you say the Vulcan 3 has a loud ping.
Hard to tell in a video what it would sound like in real life. My first gen Marauder has a ping but it is not enough to bother me or the neighbors, I think.
What else out there is nice and factory Quiet?
Thanks!
probably been said before but AIR GUN LCD's are not covered by any laws IF they are "For air guns only" AND this is the big one are not in any proximity to firearm's , you should not keep mixed storage if your in an area may be in question .

OMG. I finally lucked out through ignorance on a purchase! I had no idea the Marauder had those baffles in the barrel shroud! LOL
I thought it really quiet. I can shoot out the kitchen sliding glass door, with gun inside on the kitchen table, and the only thing heard from outside is the pellet striking the target. Tink for steel, thunk for wood. If I just shot through paper there would be even less sound generated by my little project! (22cal) :p

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtBikeMike07
Taipan Mutant .22 is the quietest PCP I've ever had without an add on moderator. It has internal baffles built into the shroud that do an outstanding job of keeping it backyard friendly. This one has an aftermarket walnut factory style stock by Michal Osyda.

Mutant 001.JPG

Last edited:
OMG. I finally lucked out through ignorance on a purchase! I had no idea the Marauder had those baffles in the barrel shroud! LOL
I thought it really quiet. I can shoot out the kitchen sliding glass door, with gun inside on the kitchen table, and the only thing heard from outside is the pellet striking the target. Tink for steel, thunk for wood. If I just shot through paper there would be even less sound generated by my little project! (22cal) :p
"Tink for steel, thunk for wood" and SCHWACK for squirrels! :ROFLMAO: