Who makes the most powerfull .30 PCP repeater ?

308 cal is a slug shooter exclusively. I thought the OP meant pellet shooters. The Hercules will shoot both pellets and slugs.

Either one, but my main interest is lighter slugs to get the flattest trajectory in the intended range. I'd rather shoot a 60 grain at 1250 and dump all the energy into the target rather than a 100 grain at 950 that will go straight through most lighter game.

That assumption is probably only good to about 50yd on energy retention, trajectory, etc. If even shooting to 100yd, youve lost about 50% energy with your 60gr @1250 vs only 25% or so loss with your 100gr @950fps.

As stated here the war flex, hatsan Hercules and ataman .30. My rainstorm hit 100 ft lbs stock with no adjustment but on a Korean shot cliff. With just a short stiff spring it’s at 92-94 ft lbs for 9 shots with Nielsen 50 grain dead nuts accurate. It’s getting a few mods now so...;). Some great choices, just depends on your taste in size, price and power.

That assumption is probably only good to about 50yd on energy retention, trajectory, etc. If even shooting to 100yd, youve lost about 50% energy with your 60gr @1250 vs only 25% or so loss with your 100gr @950fps.

my main interest is lighter slugs to get the flattest trajectory in the intended range.

How much energy do you lose when heavier slug goes all the way through without expanding? Best scenario is for the slug to stop just under the far side hide or barely break through.

I loaded tens of thousand of powder burner rounds over the years and would have deer hunters bring my bullet back if they recovered it and tell me how far the deer ran. The lighter bullet at higher velocity got the best result every time. I know it damages more meat but the guys in my part of the country wanted the animal to fall right where they shot it. You just have to match the projectile to the job you ask of it. Heavy game and long range targets need a heavier projectile. I understand that the high bc bullet can pass the light fast bullet at a certain range but I rarely take any long shots, I just want the quick kill.

I understand the quick kill, just not sure what you meant by intended range. However, out to 50yd, the muzzle and POI are a difference of 0.25 and .033in, yet drift is quite significant. You are also likely using the AAA Slayer in this case, or similar there of, being 200fpe +/- as a repeater. Energy loss if it sits somewhere in the game? All of it :) I know what you are saying, and given same dimensions, eg caliber, Id rather a slower projectile that expands to 2x caliber that penetrates vitals and remains vs a higher velocity/heavier projectile that passes through with no expansion. I dont think I read what game was in question here, but my .308 vs .300 are very different in power, which also provides the capacity to drive even a lighter projectile at your 1250fps...........you have given me an idea to try something 👍