Who makes the best barrels for air rifles?

When it comes to tuning, there are so many faucets, which airgun are you wanting to tune, caliber, pre-manufactured or custom, barrel length, barrel twist rate, type of rifling, barrel material, solid or liner to name a few. Then, what about tuning, are you going to test a regulated or unregulated gun, if regulated, what reg pressure, size of plenum, hammer spring setting, are you willing to play around with various types of valves and hammer springs and weights etc.?

All these variables can impact what you perceive as a good or not good performance barrel.

Reactions: Trent A
When it comes to tuning, there are so many faucets, which airgun are you wanting to tune, caliber, pre-manufactured or custom, barrel length, barrel twist rate, type of rifling, barrel material, solid or liner to name a few. Then, what about tuning, are you going to test a regulated or unregulated gun, if regulated, what reg pressure, size of plenum, hammer spring setting, are you willing to play around with various types of valves and hammer springs and weights etc.?

All these variables can impact what you perceive as a good or not good performance barrel.
Yikes on bikes... ya this PCP stuff is way over my head right now... hopefully I will get there eventually, but for now I think I better just listen to people that know what they are doing and follow suit, lol.

Pardon the additional bump.
Why has no one purchased the (original LD - not the second batch or the small batch an airgun maker I know had to through away -OUCH) Benchmark on the classifieds?
Now I haven't because #1 no $$$ and 2 I can no longer shoot that well (at all). But people say they are looking for something which is the "best" and this may be it.

John

I started to think the same recently. There is a reason why JSBs (and its derivatives like AA, etc) almost always expected to group well in all my rifles. While I have about 20 different .22 pellet brands/models it's a hit and miss to find one that is consistent and accurate. Little did I know about the role of pellets in the equation for accuracy when back in the late 1980's I was shooting mostly RWS pellets. If I had JSBs those groups would have been much much smaller and consistent. There is a reason why Gamo and similar pellets are considered trash IMHO and that proves the fact "that pellet quality does matter!"

I am surprised that pellet manufacturers do not use laser measuring/cutting on a large scale to ensure uniformity of not only the overall shape but also head/skirt sizes/diameter....where thousands of inches do matter, and weight is also paramount for long ranges. I would think that our sport has enough potential for profit to make that investment, especially if it pans out...you could corner the market.
Vaporizing lead with a laser sounds like a really, really unhealthy idea.

Edit: Ugh, I'm reaponding to ancient history.